|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) Norah's professor.
(d) Ben Abbot.
2. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
(a) Give some of the items to other homeless people.
(b) Save the package but refuse to open it.
(c) Throw everything away instead of using it.
(d) Give everything away to other homeless people.
3. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
(b) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(c) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(d) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
4. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
(a) The Kentucky Derby.
(b) The State of the Union address.
(c) The Indy 500.
(d) The presidential election.
5. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question about Norah does Lois Winters ask every night at dinner?
2. What subjects are Christine and Natalie studying for their exams?
3. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
4. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
5. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)