|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(b) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(c) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(d) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
2. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As dull and infrequent.
(c) As familiar and a safe routine.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
3. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
(a) That it was quickly written and a light read.
(b) That it was entertaining but poorly written.
(c) That it was laborious and difficult to understand.
(d) That it was well-written and complex.
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
(a) The icy field.
(b) An old oak tree.
(c) A stone monument.
(d) The sky above them.
5. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence.
(b) Mr. Lawrence.
(c) Mrs. Scribano.
(d) Mr. Scribano.
Short Answer Questions
1. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
2. The nature of _______dominates the conversation between Reta and Danielle at lunch.
3. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
4. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
5. Whose obituary does Reta read in the Globe and Mail?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)