|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nature of _______dominates the conversation between Reta and Danielle at lunch.
2. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
(b) Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
3. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
(a) Because he has not received her book.
(b) Because her book needs a lot of work.
(c) Because he has been thinking about Alicia.
(d) Because he is concerned Reta will miss a deadline.
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
(a) An old oak tree.
(b) A stone monument.
(c) The sky above them.
(d) The icy field.
5. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
(a) Because Norah told them something terrible happened.
(b) Because Norah has made such a drastic change in her life.
(c) Because they witnessed something terrible happening to Norah.
(d) Because they heard something terrible may have happened to Norah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
2. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
3. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
4. In her review of a female author, Helt states that all relationships are seen through the lens of what?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)