|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
2. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
3. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(b) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(c) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
(d) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
5. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The University of Toronto.
(b) The hostel.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The psychiatric hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
2. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
3. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
5. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)