|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
(a) Marietta and Colin's.
(b) Alicia and Roman's.
(c) Norah and Ben's.
(d) Reta and Tom's.
2. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
(a) They see the presidential speech as a contradiction to the realities of the Iraq war.
(b) They see the election results in Florida as a contradiction to the checks and balances system in the constitution.
(c) They see the Indy 500 as a contradiction to public concern for safety.
(d) They see the Kentucky Derby as a contradiction to government regulation of gambling.
3. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
4. According to Ben, Norah had become uncharacteristically __________ and __________ in the few weeks prior to her disappearance.
(a) Calm; peaceful.
(b) Depressed; lethargic.
(c) Irritable; short-tempered.
(d) Manic; jumpy.
5. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
(b) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(c) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(d) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
2. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
4. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
5. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)