|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Reta initially attribute Norah's disappearance to when she first goes missing?
(a) Norah's relationship with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah's relationship with her sisters.
(c) Norah's relationship with Reta.
(d) Norah's relationship with her father.
2. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme to Forgive.
(b) Thyme in Mind.
(c) Thyme is Timeless.
(d) Thyme in Bloom.
3. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Reta's coffee.
(c) Tom's lemonade.
(d) Red wine.
4. What does Tracy Halliday want a huge jar of marbles to represent for Norah?
(a) The number of visitors Norah will have on her street corner.
(b) The number of prayers Norah's family has said for her.
(c) The number of memories Tracy has of her.
(d) The number of Saturdays in Norah's life if she were to live to be eighty.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her old friend, Gwen.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
3. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
4. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
5. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)