|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
(a) By imposing stricter vagrancy laws.
(b) By sacrificing happiness for honor.
(c) By giving speeches across the country.
(d) By allowing them to be fully human.
2. According to the friend who advised Reta as a young writer, what do obituaries contain?
(a) The dough of life.
(b) The soil of life.
(c) The seeds of life.
(d) The putty of life.
3. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(b) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(c) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(d) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
4. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
5. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(b) Reta shuts the patio door.
(c) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
(d) Reta opens the patio door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
2. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
3. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
4. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
5. Who lost her own son to a heroin overdose?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)