|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's home.
(b) Reta's daughters.
(c) Reta's husband.
(d) Reta's writing.
2. What is Helt's central thesis in her review of a female author?
(a) That male writers are not as skilled as women writers.
(b) That women writers are only concerned with feelings.
(c) That women writers are not as skilled as male writers.
(d) That male writers are better at writing about feelings.
3. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
4. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
(a) That it was entertaining but poorly written.
(b) That it was quickly written and a light read.
(c) That it was well-written and complex.
(d) That it was laborious and difficult to understand.
5. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
(a) Because they heard something terrible may have happened to Norah.
(b) Because Norah has made such a drastic change in her life.
(c) Because Norah told them something terrible happened.
(d) Because they witnessed something terrible happening to Norah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
3. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
4. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
5. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)