|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
2. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
(a) The constant preoccupation with a world that exists in the imagination.
(b) The constant preoccupation with recreating the past.
(c) The constant preoccupation with the self.
(d) The constant preoccupation with real life and death concerns.
3. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
(a) Her disapproval of Ben.
(b) Her approval of Norah.
(c) Her disapproval of Norah.
(d) Her approval of Ben.
4. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
5. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
2. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
3. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
4. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
5. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)