|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) My Thyme is Up.
(b) The Goodness Gap.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
2. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because her books are left out of the list.
(b) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
(c) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(d) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
3. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(b) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(c) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(d) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
4. What is Helt's central thesis in her review of a female author?
(a) That male writers are better at writing about feelings.
(b) That women writers are not as skilled as male writers.
(c) That women writers are only concerned with feelings.
(d) That male writers are not as skilled as women writers.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(b) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(c) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(d) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
3. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
4. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
5. Who works as a trombonist?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)