|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Offenden Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Nobel Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
2. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
3. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The two main characters in her novel.
(b) The bad news on television.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The upcoming holidays.
4. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
(a) Whether someone else has hurt Norah.
(b) Whether Norah has made unsavory friends.
(c) Whether Norah has fallen and hurt herself.
(d) Whether Norah has used a razor in a suicide attempt.
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
2. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
3. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)