|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) Thyme in Bloom.
(b) My Thyme is Up.
(c) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
(d) The Goodness Gap.
2. What great themes of literature does Reta tell Helt she learned while in high school?
(a) Birth, death, love, connections, work, and understanding.
(b) Birth, death, good, evil, and sympathy.
(c) Birth, love, work, goodness, and sympathy.
(d) Birth, death, work, suffering, and understanding.
3. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) She was seeing another man when they met.
(b) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(c) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(d) They were intimate the first time they met.
5. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
4. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)