|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) Madame Sylvia.
(c) Colin Glass.
(d) Tom Winters
2. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(b) They were intimate the first time they met.
(c) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(d) She was seeing another man when they met.
3. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her novel.
4. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
(a) That it was laborious and difficult to understand.
(b) That it was quickly written and a light read.
(c) That it was entertaining but poorly written.
(d) That it was well-written and complex.
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
2. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
3. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
4. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)