|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
2. According to Arthur, Roman is an ___________ and ___________ character.
(a) Indescribable; complex.
(b) Interesting; smart.
(c) Indifferent; dull.
(d) Intelligent; interesting.
3. What great themes of literature does Reta tell Helt she learned while in high school?
(a) Birth, death, work, suffering, and understanding.
(b) Birth, death, love, connections, work, and understanding.
(c) Birth, death, good, evil, and sympathy.
(d) Birth, love, work, goodness, and sympathy.
4. What has been able to distract Reta from grieving for Norah?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her novel.
5. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
2. What does Norah do when Reta attempts to forcibly remove her from her street corner?
3. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
5. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)