|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her mentor, Danielle.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To live with her boyfriend.
(b) To get away from her boyfriend.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To be closer to her family.
3. What does Reta remember about Tom's childhood as they walk in the cemetery?
(a) She remembers that Tom ran away from home.
(b) She remembers that his family lost their fortune.
(c) She remembers that his mother was a terrible housekeeper.
(d) She remembers that his father was in the army.
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
5. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
(a) Childhood; dependency.
(b) Adulthood; dependency.
(c) Adulthood; independence.
(d) Childhood; independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
2. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
3. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
4. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
5. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)