|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(b) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(c) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
2. How does Reta sign her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail?
(a) I no longer mourn for you. Rita Hayworth Orange Blossom City.
(b) I forgive you too. Rita Hayworth Orange Blossom City.
(c) I will not forgive you. Rita Hayworth Orange Blossom City.
(d) I grieve for you too. Rita Hayworth Orange Blossom City.
3. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
(a) Because she thinks Reta's first novel wasn't very good.
(b) Because she wants Reta to focus on rescuing Norah.
(c) Because she considers writing fiction a trivial pursuit.
(d) Because she wants Reta to translate another one of her books.
4. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
(a) Norah and Ben's.
(b) Marietta and Colin's.
(c) Alicia and Roman's.
(d) Reta and Tom's.
5. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
(a) An imperfect woman.
(b) An evil woman.
(c) A perfect woman.
(d) A trustworthy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
2. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
3. What problem does Reta initially attribute Norah's disappearance to when she first goes missing?
4. Who lost her own son to a heroin overdose?
5. What does Reta think of Helt's assessment of her first novel?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)