|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she dislikes him.
(b) Whether she trusts him.
(c) Whether she respects him.
(d) Whether she loves him.
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Norah's world.
(b) Emma's loss.
(c) Reta's mind.
(d) Danielle's obstacles.
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(b) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(c) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(d) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For throwing a party for Christine.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For not naming her Ophelia.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
2. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
3. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
5. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)