|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Reta initially attribute Norah's disappearance to when she first goes missing?
(a) Norah's relationship with her father.
(b) Norah's relationship with Reta.
(c) Norah's relationship with her sisters.
(d) Norah's relationship with her boyfriend.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
3. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(b) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
(c) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(d) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(b) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(c) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(d) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
4. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
5. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)