|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
2. Why does Reta think that novel writing is perhaps a pointless exercise?
(a) Because there is so much moral injustice in the world.
(b) Because she is afraid that she lacks talent to continue.
(c) Because it has not helped her heal from Norah's absence.
(d) Because there are fewer readers interested in them.
3. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) A television host.
(b) Norah's psychiatrist.
(c) Reta's writing teacher.
(d) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(b) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(c) She was seeing another man when they met.
(d) They were intimate the first time they met.
5. Who lost her own son to a heroin overdose?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
2. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
3. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
4. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)