|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
2. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme is Timeless.
(b) Thyme to Forgive.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) Thyme in Mind.
3. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
(a) Adulthood; independence.
(b) Adulthood; dependency.
(c) Childhood; independence.
(d) Childhood; dependency.
4. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The two main characters in her novel.
(b) The bad news on television.
(c) The upcoming holidays.
(d) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
5. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The first draft of her next novel.
(b) The first draft of her new novel.
(c) The final draft of her next novel.
(d) The final draft of her new novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
5. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)