|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
(a) Third-person limited point of view.
(b) Second-person point of view.
(c) First-person point of view.
(d) Third-person omniscient point of view.
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) The Forgiving Fall.
(c) The Loss of Love.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
3. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
(a) Her approval of Norah.
(b) Her approval of Ben.
(c) Her disapproval of Ben.
(d) Her disapproval of Norah.
4. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The hostel.
(b) The psychiatric hospital.
(c) The University of Toronto.
(d) The YMCA.
5. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(b) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(c) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
(d) Because her books are left out of the list.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
5. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)