|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A bent cigarette.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A failing report card.
(d) A letter from Norah.
2. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
(b) Reta's writing teacher.
(c) A television host.
(d) Norah's psychiatrist.
3. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Shoes and books.
(b) Food and a picture of Pet.
(c) Food and a warm coat.
(d) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(b) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(c) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(d) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
5. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme is Timeless.
(b) Thyme to Forgive.
(c) Thyme in Mind.
(d) Thyme in Bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
3. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)