|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
(a) That the stone mason made a mistake.
(b) That Mary's life was hard.
(c) That Mary would be proud.
(d) That the inscription is apt.
2. Who lost her own son to a heroin overdose?
3. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(b) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(c) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(d) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
4. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
5. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
(a) The presidential election.
(b) The Kentucky Derby.
(c) The State of the Union address.
(d) The Indy 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
2. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
5. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)