|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
(a) The constant preoccupation with the self.
(b) The constant preoccupation with recreating the past.
(c) The constant preoccupation with a world that exists in the imagination.
(d) The constant preoccupation with real life and death concerns.
2. Why does Reta think that novel writing is perhaps a pointless exercise?
(a) Because there is so much moral injustice in the world.
(b) Because there are fewer readers interested in them.
(c) Because it has not helped her heal from Norah's absence.
(d) Because she is afraid that she lacks talent to continue.
3. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta does nothing.
(b) Reta brings a plant to the office.
(c) Reta sends flowers and a note.
(d) Reta grieves at home with her family.
4. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her family.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
5. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
(a) They share memories of Norah and laugh.
(b) They talk about their feelings and cry.
(c) They stare out the windshield and cry.
(d) They ponder the future and laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
3. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
4. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
5. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)