|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
(a) A fictional but unbelievable world.
(b) A fictional but believable world.
(c) A nonfictional but believable world.
(d) A nonfictional but unbelievable world.
2. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
4. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
(b) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(c) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(d) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
2. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
4. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)