|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(b) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(c) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(d) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
2. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Economic advancement.
(c) Accolades and compensation.
(d) Freedom of expression.
3. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
4. Why does Reta think that novel writing is perhaps a pointless exercise?
(a) Because there is so much moral injustice in the world.
(b) Because she is afraid that she lacks talent to continue.
(c) Because there are fewer readers interested in them.
(d) Because it has not helped her heal from Norah's absence.
5. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
2. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
3. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
4. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
5. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)