|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
2. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
(b) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(c) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
(d) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
3. What problem does Reta initially attribute Norah's disappearance to when she first goes missing?
(a) Norah's relationship with her sisters.
(b) Norah's relationship with her father.
(c) Norah's relationship with Reta.
(d) Norah's relationship with her boyfriend.
4. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he is filled with admiration for what?
(a) Norah's resolve.
(b) Reta's talent.
(c) Roman's faith.
(d) Alicia's goodness.
5. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(b) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(c) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(d) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
2. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
3. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)