|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
(a) They see the Indy 500 as a contradiction to public concern for safety.
(b) They see the election results in Florida as a contradiction to the checks and balances system in the constitution.
(c) They see the Kentucky Derby as a contradiction to government regulation of gambling.
(d) They see the presidential speech as a contradiction to the realities of the Iraq war.
2. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
(a) A nonfictional but unbelievable world.
(b) A fictional but believable world.
(c) A nonfictional but believable world.
(d) A fictional but unbelievable world.
3. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) The psychiatric hospital.
(c) The hostel.
(d) The University of Toronto.
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Food and a warm coat.
(b) Shoes and books.
(c) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
(d) Food and a picture of Pet.
5. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(b) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(c) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(d) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norah do when Reta attempts to forcibly remove her from her street corner?
2. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
3. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
4. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)