|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(b) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(c) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(d) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
2. According to Reta, young adults live in an age of prolonged _________and protracted__________.
(a) Childhood; dependency.
(b) Childhood; independence.
(c) Adulthood; dependency.
(d) Adulthood; independence.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As familiar and a safe routine.
(c) As exciting and unpredictable.
(d) As dull and infrequent.
5. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
4. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
5. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)