|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
(a) Yours, Rita Orange.
(b) Yours, Rita Orange d'Ville.
(c) Yours, Reta Orangetown.
(d) Yours, Reta Winters.
2. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Man Booker Prize.
(d) The Offenden Prize.
3. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) My Thyme is Up.
(b) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
(c) The Goodness Gap.
(d) Thyme in Bloom.
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(b) The upcoming holidays.
(c) The two main characters in her novel.
(d) The bad news on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
3. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
4. According to Ben, Norah had become uncharacteristically __________ and __________ in the few weeks prior to her disappearance.
5. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)