|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
(b) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(c) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(d) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
2. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) The hostel.
(c) The psychiatric hospital.
(d) The University of Toronto.
3. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The fourth floor.
(c) The basement.
(d) The top floor.
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
5. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
(a) Third-person omniscient point of view.
(b) First-person point of view.
(c) Second-person point of view.
(d) Third-person limited point of view.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
2. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
3. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
5. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)