|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
(a) A stone monument.
(b) The sky above them.
(c) The icy field.
(d) An old oak tree.
2. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
3. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(b) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(c) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Food and a picture of Pet.
(b) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
(c) Food and a warm coat.
(d) Shoes and books.
5. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
(a) They go to church to pray.
(b) They drive aimlessly throughout the city.
(c) They tour the hostel.
(d) They try to rescue Norah.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
2. Who insists that Norah is reacting to her state of powerlessness in society during Norah's visit with her?
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
5. Who tells Reta and Tom that "Vagrancy can be thoughtful or careless; she has chosen the latter"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)