|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(b) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
(c) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
(d) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
2. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A child's report card.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A confession of infidelity.
3. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
(a) Yours, Rita Orange d'Ville.
(b) Yours, Reta Orangetown.
(c) Yours, Reta Winters.
(d) Yours, Rita Orange.
4. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme in Bloom.
(b) Thyme to Forgive.
(c) Thyme in Mind.
(d) Thyme is Timeless.
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) University of Victoria.
(b) St. Mary's University.
(c) McGill University.
(d) King's College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
3. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
4. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
5. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)