|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
(b) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(c) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
(d) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
2. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A letter from Norah.
(b) A failing report card.
(c) A bent cigarette.
(d) A love letter.
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(b) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(c) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(d) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(d) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
5. The nature of _______dominates the conversation between Reta and Danielle at lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
2. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
3. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
5. What question about Norah does Lois Winters ask every night at dinner?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)