|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Marriage and divorce.
(b) Feminist intellectuals.
(c) Children of war.
(d) Literary matters.
2. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
(a) That the inscription is apt.
(b) That Mary would be proud.
(c) That the stone mason made a mistake.
(d) That Mary's life was hard.
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his broad approach.
(b) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
5. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta think that novel writing is perhaps a pointless exercise?
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
3. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
4. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
5. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)