|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
(a) They ponder the future and laugh.
(b) They talk about their feelings and cry.
(c) They stare out the windshield and cry.
(d) They share memories of Norah and laugh.
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(b) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(c) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(d) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A bent cigarette.
(b) A letter from Norah.
(c) A failing report card.
(d) A love letter.
4. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
(a) Peace Hostel.
(b) Promise Hostel.
(c) Passage Hostel.
(d) Pillars Hostel.
5. Why has Danielle deleted her early life and reinvented herself?
(a) Because her early life is too painful and she wants to forget everything.
(b) Because she feels the past must be forgotten in order to move forward.
(c) Because she thinks it is important for feminists to assume new identities.
(d) Because she suffered from an accident and has trouble remembering.
Short Answer Questions
1. During lunch, why is Danielle disappointed with Reta's decision to write another novel?
2. What does Tracy Halliday want a huge jar of marbles to represent for Norah?
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
5. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)