|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
2. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
3. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
(a) To tell her that he has not read her partial first draft.
(b) To tell her that he has corrected her partial first draft.
(c) To tell her that her partial first draft is wonderful.
(d) To tell her that her partial first draft needs work.
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Esther Alford.
(b) Edith Ackman.
(c) Emma Allen.
(d) Emily Alister.
5. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The first draft of her new novel.
(b) The final draft of her next novel.
(c) The first draft of her next novel.
(d) The final draft of her new novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
2. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
4. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)