|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and French.
(b) French and Spanish.
(c) English and German.
(d) English and Spanish.
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
3. Why do Christine and Natalie think something terrible must have happened to Norah?
(a) Because Norah told them something terrible happened.
(b) Because Norah has made such a drastic change in her life.
(c) Because they heard something terrible may have happened to Norah.
(d) Because they witnessed something terrible happening to Norah.
4. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A purse.
5. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Arthur, Roman is an ___________ and ___________ character.
2. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
3. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
4. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
5. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)