|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
2. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They were intimate the first time they met.
(d) They disliked each other the first time they met.
3. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
(a) Third-person limited point of view.
(b) Second-person point of view.
(c) Third-person omniscient point of view.
(d) First-person point of view.
4. According to Reta, what can "help us turn down the volume of our own interior discourse"?
5. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
(b) Because it is run for battered women.
(c) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
(d) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
4. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
5. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)