|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
2. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To live with her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
4. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The hostel.
(b) The University of Toronto.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The psychiatric hospital.
5. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's writing.
(b) Reta's husband.
(c) Reta's home.
(d) Reta's daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
3. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
5. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)