|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The loss of truth.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The way to forgiveness.
(d) The nature of goodness.
2. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
(a) The fictional world of her characters.
(b) The needs of her daughters.
(c) The trivial concerns about beauty.
(d) The daily responsibilities of her home.
3. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They were intimate the first time they met.
(b) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(c) She was seeing another man when they met.
(d) He was seeing another woman when they met.
4. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
(a) The top floor.
(b) The fourth floor.
(c) The first floor.
(d) The basement.
5. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and French.
(b) English and German.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) French and Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)