|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The path to enlightenment.
(b) The loss of truth.
(c) The way to forgiveness.
(d) The nature of goodness.
2. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) English and German.
3. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his broad approach.
(b) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his research method.
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(b) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
(c) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(d) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
5. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(b) Because her books are left out of the list.
(c) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
(d) Because none of the books feature women writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
2. In the few weeks prior to her disappearance, who does Ben think Norah might have a problem with that would account for her uncharacteristic behavior?
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
4. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)