|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
(b) Food and a warm coat.
(c) Shoes and books.
(d) Food and a picture of Pet.
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he is more successful than she is.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
3. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
(a) Promise Hostel.
(b) Passage Hostel.
(c) Pillars Hostel.
(d) Peace Hostel.
4. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Vacuuming her house.
(b) Writing her book.
(c) Counting her blessings.
(d) Researching her novel.
5. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
(a) The trivial concerns about beauty.
(b) The needs of her daughters.
(c) The fictional world of her characters.
(d) The daily responsibilities of her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
2. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
3. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)