|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The nature of goodness.
(b) The loss of truth.
(c) The path to enlightenment.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(b) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(c) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(d) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her writing career.
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
5. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) English and German.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
2. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
3. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
5. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)