|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As exciting and unpredictable.
(b) As familiar and a safe routine.
(c) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(d) As dull and infrequent.
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For not naming her Ophelia.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For throwing a party for Christine.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
3. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The two main characters in her novel.
(b) The upcoming holidays.
(c) The bad news on television.
(d) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
(a) They see the Indy 500 as a contradiction to public concern for safety.
(b) They see the presidential speech as a contradiction to the realities of the Iraq war.
(c) They see the election results in Florida as a contradiction to the checks and balances system in the constitution.
(d) They see the Kentucky Derby as a contradiction to government regulation of gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
5. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)