|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(b) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(c) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(d) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
2. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
(a) How much background information should be given.
(b) How many points of view should be given.
(c) How much her characters should be like her readers.
(d) How many metaphors and similes should be used.
3. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) English and German.
(c) English and French.
(d) English and Spanish.
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(c) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
5. Where is the apartment Norah shares with her boyfriend located in the building in Toronto?
(a) The top floor.
(b) The basement.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The first floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
2. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
3. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
4. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
5. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)