|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
2. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A love letter.
(b) An invitation to a baby shower.
(c) A child's report card.
(d) A confession of infidelity.
3. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
(a) The daily responsibilities of her home.
(b) The fictional world of her characters.
(c) The needs of her daughters.
(d) The trivial concerns about beauty.
4. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because her books are left out of the list.
(b) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(c) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(d) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
2. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)