|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(b) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(c) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
2. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
(a) The presidential election.
(b) The Indy 500.
(c) The State of the Union address.
(d) The Kentucky Derby.
3. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
(b) Because it is run for battered women.
(c) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
(d) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
4. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she trusts him.
(b) Whether she loves him.
(c) Whether she respects him.
(d) Whether she dislikes him.
5. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
4. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
5. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)