|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(c) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Edith Ackman.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Esther Alford.
(d) Emily Alister.
4. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
(a) Promise Hostel.
(b) Pillars Hostel.
(c) Peace Hostel.
(d) Passage Hostel.
5. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence.
(b) Mrs. Scribano.
(c) Mr. Lawrence.
(d) Mr. Scribano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
3. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)