|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she dislikes him.
(b) Whether she respects him.
(c) Whether she trusts him.
(d) Whether she loves him.
2. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta opens the patio door.
(b) Reta shuts the patio door.
(c) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(d) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
3. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(c) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(d) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
5. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
(b) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
(c) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
(d) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
5. According to Ben, Norah had become uncharacteristically __________ and __________ in the few weeks prior to her disappearance.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)