|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
(a) Her disapproval of Norah.
(b) Her approval of Norah.
(c) Her disapproval of Ben.
(d) Her approval of Ben.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Writing her book.
(b) Vacuuming her house.
(c) Researching her novel.
(d) Counting her blessings.
4. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
(a) They ponder the future and laugh.
(b) They talk about their feelings and cry.
(c) They share memories of Norah and laugh.
(d) They stare out the windshield and cry.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her old friend, Gwen.
(c) Her editor, Arthur.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
3. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
5. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)