|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(b) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
(b) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
(c) Because it is run for battered women.
(d) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
4. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(d) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
5. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) The University of Toronto.
(c) The hostel.
(d) The psychiatric hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
2. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
3. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)