|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Amy and Richard.
(b) Alice and Robert.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Alicia and Roman.
2. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The bad news on television.
(b) The two main characters in her novel.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The upcoming holidays.
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Offenden Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Nobel Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
4. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(d) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
4. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
5. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)