|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
(b) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
(c) Because it is run for battered women.
(d) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
2. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(b) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(c) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(d) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The path to enlightenment.
(b) The nature of goodness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
5. What subjects are Christine and Natalie studying for their exams?
(a) French, History, Math, Language Arts.
(b) History, French, Science, Social Studies.
(c) Math, Language Arts, Science, English.
(d) Spanish, English, Science, History.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
2. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
5. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)