|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A child's report card.
(c) An invitation to a baby shower.
(d) A confession of infidelity.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
3. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
(a) Passage Hostel.
(b) Promise Hostel.
(c) Peace Hostel.
(d) Pillars Hostel.
4. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(b) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(c) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(d) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
5. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence.
(b) Mr. Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Scribano.
(d) Mrs. Scribano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
4. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
5. What does Reta want to demonstrate when she and Tom visit Ben after Norah's sudden disappearance?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)