|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
2. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) University of Victoria.
(b) King's College.
(c) McGill University.
(d) St. Mary's University.
3. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As dull and infrequent.
(b) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(c) As exciting and unpredictable.
(d) As familiar and a safe routine.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her mentor, Danielle.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
3. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
4. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)