|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's husband.
(b) Reta's daughters.
(c) Reta's writing.
(d) Reta's home.
2. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
3. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Reta's coffee.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Green tea.
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(d) They were intimate the first time they met.
5. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A child's report card.
(b) A confession of infidelity.
(c) A love letter.
(d) An invitation to a baby shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
3. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)