|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
2. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(b) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Vacuuming her house.
(b) Researching her novel.
(c) Writing her book.
(d) Counting her blessings.
4. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emma Allen.
(b) Edith Ackman.
(c) Emily Alister.
(d) Esther Alford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
2. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)