|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
(a) Reta cries out of heartbreak.
(b) Reta cries out of heartfelt appreciation.
(c) Reta cries out of pity.
(d) Reta cries out of grief.
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his research method.
(b) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(c) Reta praises his broad approach.
(d) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
5. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)