|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
2. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's writing.
(b) Reta's daughters.
(c) Reta's husband.
(d) Reta's home.
3. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she trusts him.
(b) Whether she respects him.
(c) Whether she loves him.
(d) Whether she dislikes him.
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They were intimate the first time they met.
(b) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(c) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(d) She was seeing another man when they met.
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Reta's coffee.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
3. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
5. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)