|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Esther Alford.
(b) Edith Ackman.
(c) Emma Allen.
(d) Emily Alister.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(b) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(c) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(d) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
4. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
4. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)