|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For not naming her Ophelia.
(b) For throwing a party for Christine.
(c) For taking them to dinner.
(d) For being a great mom.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(b) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(c) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(d) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As dull and infrequent.
(b) As exciting and unpredictable.
(c) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(d) As familiar and a safe routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
3. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
4. What do the Winters do when they discover where Norah sleeps at night?
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)