|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The loss of truth.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The way to forgiveness.
(d) The nature of goodness.
2. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alice and Robert.
(b) Amy and Richard.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Alicia and Roman.
3. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence.
(b) Mr. Scribano.
(c) Mrs. Scribano.
(d) Mr. Lawrence.
4. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(b) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
(c) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(d) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
5. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
(c) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(d) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
3. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
4. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
5. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)