|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
2. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alicia and Roman.
(b) Alice and Robert.
(c) Amy and Richard.
(d) Andrea and Ramon.
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A letter from Norah.
(b) A failing report card.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A bent cigarette.
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
2. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
4. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)