|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta shuts the patio door.
(b) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(c) Reta opens the patio door.
(d) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
2. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Reta's coffee.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Red wine.
3. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
5. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) French and Spanish.
(c) English and German.
(d) English and French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
2. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)