|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The University of Toronto.
(b) The psychiatric hospital.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The hostel.
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Writing her book.
(b) Vacuuming her house.
(c) Researching her novel.
(d) Counting her blessings.
3. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) English and Spanish.
(c) English and German.
(d) English and French.
4. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A purse.
5. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A child's report card.
(d) A confession of infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
2. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
3. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
4. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)