|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
2. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
(a) Peace Hostel.
(b) Passage Hostel.
(c) Promise Hostel.
(d) Pillars Hostel.
3. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The two main characters in her novel.
(b) The bad news on television.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The upcoming holidays.
4. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she dislikes him.
(b) Whether she respects him.
(c) Whether she loves him.
(d) Whether she trusts him.
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Offenden Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)