|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
3. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
(a) Because it is run for battered women.
(b) Because it is where Norah sleeps every night.
(c) Because it is run for homeless women with children.
(d) Because it is where Norah works during the day.
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(b) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(c) She was seeing another man when they met.
(d) They were intimate the first time they met.
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)