|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) King's College.
(b) University of Victoria.
(c) St. Mary's University.
(d) McGill University.
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Counting her blessings.
(b) Vacuuming her house.
(c) Researching her novel.
(d) Writing her book.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(d) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
4. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Tom's lemonade.
(d) Reta's coffee.
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Esther Alford.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Emma Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
2. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
4. How are Reta and Danielle different?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)