|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Accolades and compensation.
(b) Freedom of expression.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Primary entitlements.
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her family.
(b) To get away from her boyfriend.
(c) To be closer to her family.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
3. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alice and Robert.
(b) Andrea and Ramon.
(c) Alicia and Roman.
(d) Amy and Richard.
4. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The University of Toronto.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The psychiatric hospital.
(d) The hostel.
5. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta opens the patio door.
(b) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(c) Reta shuts the patio door.
(d) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
3. Why does Reta write a check to the hostel each month?
4. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
5. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)