|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As exciting and unpredictable.
(b) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(c) As familiar and a safe routine.
(d) As dull and infrequent.
2. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A child's report card.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Researching her novel.
(b) Vacuuming her house.
(c) Counting her blessings.
(d) Writing her book.
4. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) English and German.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) English and French.
5. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
2. What do Reta, Tom, Christine, and Natalie do in the car in Toronto?
3. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
5. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)