|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To live with her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A bent cigarette.
(b) A letter from Norah.
(c) A failing report card.
(d) A love letter.
4. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Amy and Richard.
(b) Alicia and Roman.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Alice and Robert.
5. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
(b) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
(c) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
(d) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
2. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
3. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
4. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
5. What is the name of the hostel Reta writes a check to each month?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)