|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(b) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
(c) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(d) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
2. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(b) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(c) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(d) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
4. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Emma Allen.
(b) Danielle Westerman.
(c) Mr. Scribano.
(d) Alexander Valkner.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Economic advancement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
2. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
3. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)