|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(b) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(c) Because her books are left out of the list.
(d) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
2. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They were intimate the first time they met.
(d) He was seeing another woman when they met.
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(b) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(c) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(d) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
3. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
5. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)