|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Accolades and compensation.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Economic advancement.
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emma Allen.
(b) Emily Alister.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Esther Alford.
4. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(b) Reta shuts the patio door.
(c) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
(d) Reta opens the patio door.
5. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A child's report card.
(b) An invitation to a baby shower.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A love letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
3. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
4. Why does Reta cry as she writes the check for the hostel each month?
5. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)