|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(c) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
2. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alicia and Roman.
(b) Alice and Robert.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Amy and Richard.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
4. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Reta's coffee.
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
3. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)