|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(b) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(c) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(d) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
2. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alice and Robert.
(b) Amy and Richard.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Alicia and Roman.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
4. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(d) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
5. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A child's report card.
(b) An invitation to a baby shower.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A confession of infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)