|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Esther Alford.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Emily Alister.
2. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) University of Victoria.
(b) King's College.
(c) St. Mary's University.
(d) McGill University.
3. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alicia and Roman.
(b) Alice and Robert.
(c) Andrea and Ramon.
(d) Amy and Richard.
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
3. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
4. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)