|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(b) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(b) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(b) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(c) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(d) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
4. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A bent cigarette.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A letter from Norah.
(d) A failing report card.
5. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(c) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(d) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
4. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)