|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her family.
(b) To get away from her boyfriend.
(c) To be closer to her family.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Freedom of expression.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
4. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) English and German.
(c) English and Spanish.
(d) English and French.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(b) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)