|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his broad approach.
(b) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his research method.
2. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A letter from Norah.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A bent cigarette.
(d) A failing report card.
4. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her old friend, Gwen.
(b) Her mentor, Danielle.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her editor, Arthur.
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Reta's coffee.
(d) Tom's lemonade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
4. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)