|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her writing career.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her husband.
2. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A child's report card.
(b) An invitation to a baby shower.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A love letter.
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) The Forgiving Fall.
(c) The Loss of Love.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
4. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her old friend, Gwen.
(b) Her mentor, Danielle.
(c) Her editor, Arthur.
(d) Her daughter, Christine.
5. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(b) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
2. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)