|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) French and Spanish.
(b) English and French.
(c) English and German.
(d) English and Spanish.
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her editor, Arthur.
(b) Her old friend, Gwen.
(c) Her mentor, Danielle.
(d) Her daughter, Christine.
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(b) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(c) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(d) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
2. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
3. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
4. How are Reta and Danielle different?
5. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)