|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(b) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
2. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her writing career.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Loss of Love.
(b) The Goodness Gap.
(c) The Forgiving Fall.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's home.
(b) Reta's daughters.
(c) Reta's husband.
(d) Reta's writing.
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Colin Glass.
(b) Madame Sylvia.
(c) Danielle Westerman.
(d) Tom Winters
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
3. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
4. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)