|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(b) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
2. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Reta's coffee.
3. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) English and German.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) English and French.
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Researching her novel.
(b) Writing her book.
(c) Counting her blessings.
(d) Vacuuming her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
5. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)