|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Economic advancement.
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Forgiving Fall.
(b) The Virtue of Victory.
(c) The Loss of Love.
(d) The Goodness Gap.
3. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
(b) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(c) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(d) Because her books are left out of the list.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her writing career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
2. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)