|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(b) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
2. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(b) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(c) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
3. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Edith Ackman.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Emily Alister.
(d) Esther Alford.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Freedom of expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
2. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)