|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Economic advancement.
(c) Primary entitlements.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The nature of goodness.
(b) The loss of truth.
(c) The path to enlightenment.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
4. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To be closer to her family.
(b) To live with her boyfriend.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
2. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
3. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
4. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
5. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)