|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Madame Sylvia.
(b) Danielle Westerman.
(c) Tom Winters
(d) Colin Glass.
3. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because her books are left out of the list.
(b) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
(c) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(d) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(b) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(c) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Tom's lemonade.
(b) Green tea.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Reta's coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
2. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)