|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Primary entitlements.
(d) Freedom of expression.
2. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
(a) English and Spanish.
(b) French and Spanish.
(c) English and French.
(d) English and German.
3. What are the two main characters' names in the sequel to Reta's first novel?
(a) Alicia and Roman.
(b) Amy and Richard.
(c) Alice and Robert.
(d) Andrea and Ramon.
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's husband.
(b) Reta's home.
(c) Reta's daughters.
(d) Reta's writing.
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Forgiving Fall.
(b) The Loss of Love.
(c) The Virtue of Victory.
(d) The Goodness Gap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
3. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
4. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)