|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
2. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(b) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(c) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
3. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
4. Who does Reta mention by name in her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) McGill University.
(b) King's College.
(c) St. Mary's University.
(d) University of Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reta's struggle about what a writer of fiction should give the reader?
2. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)