|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Esther Alford.
(d) Edith Ackman.
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For throwing a party for Christine.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For not naming her Ophelia.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
3. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
(b) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A child's report card.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A love letter.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(b) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
3. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
4. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)