|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
2. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A letter from Norah.
(b) A bent cigarette.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A failing report card.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Counting her blessings.
(b) Researching her novel.
(c) Vacuuming her house.
(d) Writing her book.
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The path to enlightenment.
(b) The nature of goodness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Primary entitlements.
(b) Economic advancement.
(c) Accolades and compensation.
(d) Freedom of expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
4. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
5. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)