|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Loss of Love.
(b) The Forgiving Fall.
(c) The Goodness Gap.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A purse.
(d) A scarf.
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he is more successful than she is.
(b) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
5. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Shoes and books.
(b) Food and a picture of Pet.
(c) Food and a warm coat.
(d) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
5. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)