|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(c) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Counting her blessings.
(b) Researching her novel.
(c) Writing her book.
(d) Vacuuming her house.
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Esther Alford.
(b) Edith Ackman.
(c) Emma Allen.
(d) Emily Alister.
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
5. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)