|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's husband.
(b) Reta's daughters.
(c) Reta's writing.
(d) Reta's home.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(b) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(c) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(d) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
3. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(c) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
5. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
4. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
5. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)