|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To live with her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
3. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(b) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(c) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(d) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(b) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(c) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(d) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
3. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)