|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's writing.
(b) Reta's husband.
(c) Reta's daughters.
(d) Reta's home.
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Counting her blessings.
(b) Writing her book.
(c) Vacuuming her house.
(d) Researching her novel.
3. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A child's report card.
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Colin Glass.
(b) Danielle Westerman.
(c) Tom Winters
(d) Madame Sylvia.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
4. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)