|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) King's College.
(b) McGill University.
(c) St. Mary's University.
(d) University of Victoria.
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The way to forgiveness.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The nature of goodness.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Tom Winters
(b) Madame Sylvia.
(c) Colin Glass.
(d) Danielle Westerman.
5. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)