|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To live with her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(b) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(c) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(d) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's husband.
(b) Reta's writing.
(c) Reta's daughters.
(d) Reta's home.
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) St. Mary's University.
(b) King's College.
(c) University of Victoria.
(d) McGill University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
5. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)