|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A failing report card.
(c) A letter from Norah.
(d) A bent cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
3. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)