|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(b) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(c) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(d) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The nature of goodness.
(b) The loss of truth.
(c) The path to enlightenment.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
3. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her writing career.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her home.
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Virtue of Victory.
(b) The Goodness Gap.
(c) The Loss of Love.
(d) The Forgiving Fall.
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A purse.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
3. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
5. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)