|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Tom's lemonade.
(c) Green tea.
(d) Reta's coffee.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(b) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(c) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(d) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
3. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
4. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
5. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(b) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(c) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(d) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
2. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)