|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Esther Alford.
(d) Edith Ackman.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
3. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Shoes and books.
(b) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
(c) Food and a warm coat.
(d) Food and a picture of Pet.
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(b) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
2. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)