|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(b) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(c) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(d) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her mentor, Danielle.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
3. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(b) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
3. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
4. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)