|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her family.
(b) To get away from her boyfriend.
(c) To be closer to her family.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(b) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
5. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(b) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(c) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(d) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)