|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
3. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) An invitation to a baby shower.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A confession of infidelity.
(d) A child's report card.
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)