|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A confession of infidelity.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A child's report card.
(d) An invitation to a baby shower.
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her editor, Arthur.
(b) Her daughter, Christine.
(c) Her old friend, Gwen.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Shoes and books.
(b) Food and a warm coat.
(c) Food and a picture of Pet.
(d) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her family.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her boyfriend.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
2. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
3. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
4. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
5. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)