|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(b) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(c) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A purse.
(d) A scarf.
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To be closer to her family.
(b) To live with her boyfriend.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To get away from her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
2. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)