|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) The Forgiving Fall.
(c) The Loss of Love.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
2. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Food and a warm coat.
(b) Food and a picture of Pet.
(c) Shoes and books.
(d) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
4. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emma Allen.
(b) Esther Alford.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Emily Alister.
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Offenden Prize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
2. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
4. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)