|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The loss of truth.
(b) The way to forgiveness.
(c) The nature of goodness.
(d) The path to enlightenment.
3. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(b) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(c) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
2. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
4. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)