|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The path to enlightenment.
(b) The loss of truth.
(c) The way to forgiveness.
(d) The nature of goodness.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(b) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(b) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
2. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)