|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To be closer to her family.
(b) To live with her boyfriend.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To get away from her boyfriend.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(b) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(c) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(d) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
3. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(d) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
4. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A child's report card.
(b) A confession of infidelity.
(c) An invitation to a baby shower.
(d) A love letter.
5. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(b) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(c) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
5. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)