|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
(a) A bent cigarette.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A failing report card.
(d) A letter from Norah.
2. What does Norah ask Reta about their family when she is nine years-old?
(a) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are married.
(b) Norah asks Reta whether or not they are from Canada.
(c) Norah asks Reta whether or not she is adopted.
(d) Norah asks Reta whether or not her parents are Catholic.
3. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Esther Alford.
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
(b) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(c) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(d) Newton's Laws of Motion.
5. What is undrinkable according to Colin?
(a) Green tea.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Reta's coffee.
(d) Tom's lemonade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
2. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
3. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
4. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)