|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A purse.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A necklace.
2. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Offenden Prize.
(d) The Man Booker Prize.
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The nature of goodness.
(b) The way to forgiveness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The path to enlightenment.
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Madame Sylvia.
(b) Colin Glass.
(c) Tom Winters
(d) Danielle Westerman.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Primary entitlements.
(d) Economic advancement.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
2. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)