|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta discover behind the furnace that belonged to the previous owners?
(a) A confession of infidelity.
(b) A child's report card.
(c) A love letter.
(d) An invitation to a baby shower.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(b) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(c) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(d) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
3. What exercise does Reta find repellent?
(a) Counting her blessings.
(b) Researching her novel.
(c) Writing her book.
(d) Vacuuming her house.
4. What does Tom's friend, Colin Glass, try to explain to Norah when he comes over for dinner?
(a) Curie's Theory of Radioactivity.
(b) Newton's Laws of Motion.
(c) Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
(d) Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
5. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
(a) Reta's home.
(b) Reta's writing.
(c) Reta's husband.
(d) Reta's daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
4. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)