|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(b) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
3. According to Reta, what is the most egregious change Arthur suggests she make in her novel?
(a) That she make Alicia the focus instead of Roman.
(b) That she make Roman the focus instead of Alicia.
(c) That she introduce another character to marry Roman.
(d) That she introduce another character to marry Alicia.
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(b) Because she thinks it is terrible.
(c) Because she lost it on the computer.
(d) Because it is only in her mind.
5. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Mrs. Scribano.
(c) Mrs. Lawrence.
(d) Mr. Scribano.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
2. When Reta leaves Arthur in the house by himself to go to the hospital, what does he do?
3. For what dish did Lois win a prize at the Orangetown Fair?
4. In her letter to the short story writer, Reta hints that a single _________ moment was caught on videotape.
5. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)