|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he is more successful than she is.
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) The Loss of Love.
(c) The Virtue of Victory.
(d) The Forgiving Fall.
3. What assessment does Helt have of Reta's first novel?
(a) That it was quickly written and a light read.
(b) That it was entertaining but poorly written.
(c) That it was laborious and difficult to understand.
(d) That it was well-written and complex.
4. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his research method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
2. What is the name of the place Reta meets her friends on Tuesdays?
3. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
5. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)