Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Offenden Prize.
(b) The Pulitzer Prize.
(c) The Man Booker Prize.
(d) The Nobel Prize.
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Madame Sylvia.
(b) Tom Winters
(c) Colin Glass.
(d) Danielle Westerman.
3. The nature of _______dominates the conversation between Reta and Danielle at lunch.
4. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
5. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
(b) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(c) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. What does Reta call the "worry word" of life?
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
4. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
5. What does Norah do when Reta attempts to forcibly remove her from her street corner?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)