|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(b) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(c) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(d) Because Colin is unfaithful.
3. What has a dormitory appearance with meals served and an enforced curfew?
(a) The psychiatric hospital.
(b) The University of Toronto.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The hostel.
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For not naming her Ophelia.
(b) For taking them to dinner.
(c) For throwing a party for Christine.
(d) For being a great mom.
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
2. What subjects are Christine and Natalie studying for their exams?
3. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
5. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)