|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(b) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
2. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
(b) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(c) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(d) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
3. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As dull and infrequent.
(c) As familiar and a safe routine.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
4. Why does Reta write a letter of complaint to an editor of a literary magazine about a series of books called "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because most of the books feature 19th century women.
(b) Because none of the books feature women writers.
(c) Because her books are left out of the list.
(d) Because the books only focus on Western intellectuals.
5. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
(a) Emily Alister.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Edith Ackman.
(d) Esther Alford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
2. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
3. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
5. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)