Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(b) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(c) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
2. What word does Norah have written on the cardboard sign on her chest?
3. Why does Reta include "The Hermitage" in her signature at the end of her letter of complaint about "Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World"?
(a) Because Reta feels as a writer she needs to work away from people.
(b) Because Reta feels as a woman she is shut out of the universe.
(c) Because Reta feels as a mother she should tend to her family.
(d) Because Reta feels as a woman she should focus on her home.
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Offenden Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize.
(d) The Nobel Prize.
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Forgiving Fall.
(b) The Goodness Gap.
(c) The Virtue of Victory.
(d) The Loss of Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Reta's friend, a medical journalist who lives in Newfoundland?
2. What two languages are spoken during Reta's childhood?
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. According to Reta, what is "full of rough corners that seem to me just about to come into their full beauty"?
5. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)