|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Colin's marriage to Marietta troubled?
(a) Because Marietta is unfaithful.
(b) Because Colin is unfaithful.
(c) Because Colin has suddenly left Marietta.
(d) Because Marietta has suddenly left Colin.
2. According to Reta, what is the most important aspect in her life?
(a) Her writing career.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
4. What is the name of the previous owners of Reta and Tom's Ontario farmhouse?
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(b) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(c) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(d) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
5. What does Norah accidentally find in the pocket of Christine's winter parka?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)