|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) King's College.
(b) University of Victoria.
(c) McGill University.
(d) St. Mary's University.
2. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
(a) Her novel.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her life.
3. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
(a) Kim Campbell.
(b) John Turner.
(c) Pierre Trudeau.
(d) Jean Chretrien.
4. What do Tom and the girls see as a contradiction about the American event they are fixated on?
(a) They see the presidential speech as a contradiction to the realities of the Iraq war.
(b) They see the Indy 500 as a contradiction to public concern for safety.
(c) They see the election results in Florida as a contradiction to the checks and balances system in the constitution.
(d) They see the Kentucky Derby as a contradiction to government regulation of gambling.
5. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(b) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(c) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
(d) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. What is the name of the place Reta meets her friends on Tuesdays?
5. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)