|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
(a) A fictional but believable world.
(b) A nonfictional but unbelievable world.
(c) A fictional but unbelievable world.
(d) A nonfictional but believable world.
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A purse.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A necklace.
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. What American event are Tom and the girls presently fixated on as they watch the news?
(a) The State of the Union address.
(b) The presidential election.
(c) The Kentucky Derby.
(d) The Indy 500.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
2. According to the friend who advised Reta as a young writer, what do obituaries contain?
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)