|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur state that he thinks of the final chapter as the "kiln?"
(a) Because the heat of the fire is akin to the power of the ending.
(b) Because the clay is as malleable as a reader's interpretation.
(c) Because the clay is malleable and the ending will harden into something beautiful.
(d) Because the labor of creation is the same in writing as in art.
2. What question about Norah does Lois Winters ask every night at dinner?
(a) Why is Norah gone?
(b) When is Norah coming home?
(c) Where's Norah?
(d) How is Norah?
3. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme to Forgive.
(b) Thyme in Mind.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) Thyme is Timeless.
4. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
(a) The least important.
(b) The worst.
(c) The best.
(d) The most important.
5. Who is elected Prime Minister again?
(a) Pierre Trudeau.
(b) Kim Campbell.
(c) John Turner.
(d) Jean Chretrien.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
3. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
4. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
5. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)