|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta immerse herself in despite her continuing grief?
(a) The fictional world of her characters.
(b) The needs of her daughters.
(c) The trivial concerns about beauty.
(d) The daily responsibilities of her home.
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her mentor, Danielle.
(b) Her old friend, Gwen.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her editor, Arthur.
4. According to Arthur, Roman is an ___________ and ___________ character.
(a) Interesting; smart.
(b) Indifferent; dull.
(c) Intelligent; interesting.
(d) Indescribable; complex.
5. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
4. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)