|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of the new book Tom is reading?
2. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) Thyme in Bloom.
(b) My Thyme is Up.
(c) The Goodness Gap.
(d) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
3. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(b) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(c) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(d) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
4. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
5. According to Arthur, Roman is an ___________ and ___________ character.
(a) Indescribable; complex.
(b) Indifferent; dull.
(c) Interesting; smart.
(d) Intelligent; interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
5. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)