|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that it is urgent that she come to New York?
(a) Because he wants to have a conference before she finishes the first draft.
(b) Because he wants to meet before he leaves the country.
(c) Because he wants her to give a reading at a major bookstore.
(d) Because he wants her to sign a six figure book deal.
2. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
(a) Because he has been thinking about Alicia.
(b) Because her book needs a lot of work.
(c) Because he has not received her book.
(d) Because he is concerned Reta will miss a deadline.
3. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
(a) An imperfect woman.
(b) A trustworthy woman.
(c) A perfect woman.
(d) An evil woman.
4. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(b) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(c) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(d) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
5. What subjects are Christine and Natalie studying for their exams?
(a) History, French, Science, Social Studies.
(b) Spanish, English, Science, History.
(c) Math, Language Arts, Science, English.
(d) French, History, Math, Language Arts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
2. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
3. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)