|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
2. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Mr. Scribano.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Danielle Westerman.
(d) Alexander Valkner.
3. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) King's College.
(b) St. Mary's University.
(c) McGill University.
(d) University of Victoria.
4. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) My Thyme is Up.
5. What is the name of the place Reta meets her friends on Tuesdays?
(a) Orange Blossom Room.
(b) Green Blossom Room.
(c) Red Blossom Room.
(d) Yellow Blossom Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
2. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
5. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)