|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(b) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
(c) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(d) To inform her that he is her new editor.
2. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he is filled with admiration for what?
(a) Reta's talent.
(b) Norah's resolve.
(c) Alicia's goodness.
(d) Roman's faith.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he is more successful than she is.
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) Norah's psychiatrist.
(b) A television host.
(c) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
(d) Reta's writing teacher.
5. What month does Reta finally meet Arthur Springer for the first time at her home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
2. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
3. What does Reta mention in her letter about the obituary that she wants from the universe?
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
5. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)