|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what does she find "monstrous" in the face of Norah's absence?
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The final draft of her next novel.
(b) The final draft of her new novel.
(c) The first draft of her next novel.
(d) The first draft of her new novel.
3. In the cemetery, what is the inscription beneath Mary Leland's name on her headstone?
(a) She Took Good Care of Her Chickens.
(b) She Took Good Care of Her Children.
(c) She Took Good Care of Her Cows.
(d) She Took Good Care of Her Husband.
4. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her mentor, Danielle.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January, what has Reta left in limbo since her last conversation with Arthur Springer?
2. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
3. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)