|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(b) Because she lost it on the computer.
(c) Because she thinks it is terrible.
(d) Because it is only in her mind.
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To live with her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To get away from her boyfriend.
3. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
(a) Marietta and Colin's.
(b) Reta and Tom's.
(c) Alicia and Roman's.
(d) Norah and Ben's.
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
5. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(b) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(c) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(d) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
3. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he is filled with admiration for what?
4. Why does Arthur tell Reta the day after Christmas that he has been up all night?
5. According to Reta, what is the most egregious change Arthur suggests she make in her novel?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)