|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her old friend, Gwen.
(b) Her daughter, Christine.
(c) Her editor, Arthur.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
2. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
(a) So that he can help her in the writing of it.
(b) So that he can make sure she is doing a good job.
(c) So that he can correct her grammar.
(d) So that he can share it with his colleagues.
3. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(b) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
(c) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(d) To ask if her novel is near completion.
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(b) Because it is only in her mind.
(c) Because she lost it on the computer.
(d) Because she thinks it is terrible.
5. Arthur tells Reta the day after Christmas that he has read all the reviews for what book?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) My Thyme is Up.
(c) Thyme in Bloom.
(d) Great Minds of the Western Intellectual World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
2. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. What does Reta mention in her letter about the obituary that she wants from the universe?
5. In her letter about the obituary in the Globe and Mail, what kind of days does Reta write that she is going through?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)