|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
2. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The way to forgiveness.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The nature of goodness.
3. Whose wedding is Reta worried about?
(a) Marietta and Colin's.
(b) Norah and Ben's.
(c) Alicia and Roman's.
(d) Reta and Tom's.
4. What does Reta find "ugly, vast, and arresting" as she and Tom walk in the cemetery?
(a) A stone monument.
(b) An old oak tree.
(c) The icy field.
(d) The sky above them.
5. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
(b) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
(c) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
(d) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
2. Who works as a trombonist?
3. What does Reta think most people would assume about the inscription on Mary Leland's headstone?
4. According to Arthur, Roman is an ___________ and ___________ character.
5. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)