|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
(a) So that he can help her in the writing of it.
(b) So that he can correct her grammar.
(c) So that he can make sure she is doing a good job.
(d) So that he can share it with his colleagues.
3. Why does Reta have difficulty carrying on a conversation with Arthur when he comes o her home for the first time?
(a) Because she doesn't understand him.
(b) Because she is preoccupied.
(c) Because he asks too many questions.
(d) Because he never stops speaking.
4. According to Reta, what is the most egregious change Arthur suggests she make in her novel?
(a) That she introduce another character to marry Roman.
(b) That she introduce another character to marry Alicia.
(c) That she make Roman the focus instead of Alicia.
(d) That she make Alicia the focus instead of Roman.
5. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(b) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
3. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
4. What does Arthur consider the last chapter in Reta's novel to be?
5. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)