|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
(b) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
(c) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(d) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(b) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(c) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(d) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For being a great mom.
(b) For not naming her Ophelia.
(c) For throwing a party for Christine.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
5. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Madame Sylvia.
(b) Tom Winters
(c) Danielle Westerman.
(d) Colin Glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)