|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
2. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
3. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(b) Reta praises his research method.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his broad approach.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Economic advancement.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
2. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
3. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)