|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Offenden Prize.
(b) The Nobel Prize.
(c) The Man Booker Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his broad approach.
(b) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
4. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(c) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
5. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The path to enlightenment.
(b) The nature of goodness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The way to forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
4. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)