|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For throwing a party for Christine.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For not naming her Ophelia.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
3. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Accolades and compensation.
(b) Economic advancement.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. How are Reta and Danielle different?
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)