|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(b) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(c) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(d) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
2. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Literary matters.
(b) Children of war.
(c) Feminist intellectuals.
(d) Marriage and divorce.
3. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
4. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
5. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
2. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
3. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)