|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Literary matters.
(b) Children of war.
(c) Marriage and divorce.
(d) Feminist intellectuals.
2. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Emma Allen.
(b) Mr. Scribano.
(c) Alexander Valkner.
(d) Danielle Westerman.
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Accolades and compensation.
(d) Economic advancement.
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For taking them to dinner.
(b) For not naming her Ophelia.
(c) For being a great mom.
(d) For throwing a party for Christine.
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A purse.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
3. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
4. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)