|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her mentor, Danielle.
(c) Her old friend, Gwen.
(d) Her editor, Arthur.
2. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To live with her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
(b) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(c) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(d) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For throwing a party for Christine.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For taking them to dinner.
(d) For not naming her Ophelia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
2. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
4. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)