|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) Colin Glass.
(c) Madame Sylvia.
(d) Tom Winters
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her old friend, Gwen.
(c) Her editor, Arthur.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
4. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) McGill University.
(b) King's College.
(c) University of Victoria.
(d) St. Mary's University.
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
(b) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(c) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(d) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)