|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) St. Mary's University.
(b) McGill University.
(c) University of Victoria.
(d) King's College.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(b) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
3. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) Emma Allen.
(c) Mr. Scribano.
(d) Alexander Valkner.
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(b) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(c) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(d) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
5. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The way to forgiveness.
(b) The nature of goodness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The path to enlightenment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
2. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. How are Reta and Danielle different?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)