|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(b) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(c) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(d) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For not naming her Ophelia.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For taking them to dinner.
(d) For throwing a party for Christine.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Tom Winters
(b) Colin Glass.
(c) Danielle Westerman.
(d) Madame Sylvia.
5. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(b) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
(c) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(d) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)