|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(d) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
2. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Feminist intellectuals.
(b) Children of war.
(c) Marriage and divorce.
(d) Literary matters.
3. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta does nothing.
(b) Reta grieves at home with her family.
(c) Reta brings a plant to the office.
(d) Reta sends flowers and a note.
4. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(d) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To be closer to her family.
(b) To get away from her boyfriend.
(c) To get away from her family.
(d) To live with her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
3. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)