|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(d) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A purse.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A sweater.
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Offenden Prize.
(c) The Man Booker Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
5. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta grieves at home with her family.
(b) Reta sends flowers and a note.
(c) Reta brings a plant to the office.
(d) Reta does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
3. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)