|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The way to forgiveness.
(b) The path to enlightenment.
(c) The nature of goodness.
(d) The loss of truth.
2. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his research method.
(b) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his broad approach.
3. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
(a) Feminist intellectuals.
(b) Marriage and divorce.
(c) Children of war.
(d) Literary matters.
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
3. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
4. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
5. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)