|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A purse.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A scarf.
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(b) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
(c) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(d) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(c) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
4. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(b) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
3. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
4. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
5. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)