|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Reta's mentor?
(a) Danielle Westerman.
(b) Madame Sylvia.
(c) Colin Glass.
(d) Tom Winters
2. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Food and a picture of Pet.
(b) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
(c) Shoes and books.
(d) Food and a warm coat.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(b) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(c) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
(d) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he is more successful than she is.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
2. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
4. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
5. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)