|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the university Norah is accepted to in 1998?
(a) King's College.
(b) University of Victoria.
(c) McGill University.
(d) St. Mary's University.
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(b) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(c) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
3. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(b) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(c) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
(d) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
4. What does Reta bring Norah on the way to her appointment to have her eyebrows tinted?
(a) Food and a warm coat.
(b) Food and a picture of Pet.
(c) Shoes and books.
(d) Books and a picture of Christine and Natalie.
5. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
(a) Tessa finds Norah panhandling outside the subway in Toronto.
(b) Tessa's mother sees Norah walking down Bloor and Bathurst in Toronto.
(c) Tessa discovers Norah's diary in the Orangetown Library.
(d) Tessa runs into Norah outside the Toronto library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
3. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)