|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two actual events do Reta's writer friends also discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The woman in Mozambique who gave birth in a tree; the self-immolation of a Muslim woman in Nathan Philips Square.
(b) The self-immolation of a Muslim man in China; the poaching of ivory in North Africa.
(c) The military coup in Mozambique; the cost of child care in Toronto.
(d) The recent Canadian election; the war in Afghanistan.
2. Why does Reta decide not to attend the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Because Reta does not know the person who died very well.
(b) Because Reta thinks the person who died was not good.
(c) Because Reta cannot handle more grief.
(d) Because Reta is going to see Norah instead.
3. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Accolades and compensation.
4. What is the first subject Reta and her writer friends discuss at the Orange Blossom Room?
(a) The nature of goodness.
(b) The way to forgiveness.
(c) The loss of truth.
(d) The path to enlightenment.
5. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(d) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reta go see after her encounter with Norah in early November?
2. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
3. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
4. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
5. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)