|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
(a) Norah is disturbed by the sense that she cannot love anyone enough.
(b) Norah is afraid that she will disappoint her parents by failing school.
(c) Norah is anxious about her decision to live with her boyfriend.
(d) Norah is upset that she cannot spend more time with her sisters.
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
(b) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(c) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(d) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta sends flowers and a note.
(b) Reta brings a plant to the office.
(c) Reta grieves at home with her family.
(d) Reta does nothing.
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tessa discover the mystery of Norah's disappearance six months prior?
2. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
3. What days does Reta drive to Toronto to see Norah?
4. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
5. What does Reta discuss with the person she visits after her encounter with Norah in early November?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)