|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta approach Norah when she visits her in early November?
(a) Indifferently, as Reta no longer cares about Norah's panhandling.
(b) Angrily, as Reta is upset by Norah's behavior.
(c) Carefully, as Reta does not want to appear threatening.
(d) Joyfully, as Reta is so happy to see Norah.
2. Why does Reta attend a series of interviews in September?
(a) Reta attends them because she enjoys being interviewed.
(b) Reta attends them in order to get a raise at work.
(c) Reta attends them on behalf of her mentor.
(d) Reta attends them because it is part of her research.
3. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
(a) To get away from her boyfriend.
(b) To be closer to her family.
(c) To live with her boyfriend.
(d) To get away from her family.
4. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta sends flowers and a note.
(b) Reta does nothing.
(c) Reta grieves at home with her family.
(d) Reta brings a plant to the office.
5. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
2. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
3. How are Reta and Danielle different?
4. Who is Reta's mentor?
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)