|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he is more successful than she is.
2. What does Reta do in lieu of attending the funeral for the person at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Reta does nothing.
(b) Reta sends flowers and a note.
(c) Reta grieves at home with her family.
(d) Reta brings a plant to the office.
3. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(d) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. What is the name of the book Reta picks up at Orangetown Library?
(a) The Goodness Gap.
(b) The Loss of Love.
(c) The Forgiving Fall.
(d) The Virtue of Victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What troubles Norah when she comes home one weekend her second year at university?
2. Who is Reta's mentor?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
4. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
5. Why does Norah enroll at the University of Toronto?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)