|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta's writer friends at the Orange Blossom Room, why are women excluded from real life?
(a) Because men view women as lacking moral authority and capability.
(b) Because men view women as incapable of rational thought.
(c) Because men view women as superior to everyday concerns.
(d) Because men view women as more capable and superior.
2. How does Reta explain Norah's strange behavior to Christine and Natalie?
(a) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of goodness.
(b) Reta tells them Norah is living a life devoted to God.
(c) Reta tells them Norah is living a life in pursuit of beauty.
(d) Reta tells them Norah is living a life of sacrifice and good will.
3. What has been able to distract Reta from grieving for Norah?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her novel.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her friends.
4. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(b) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(c) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
2. According to the friend who advised Reta as a young writer, what do obituaries contain?
3. What does Reta mention in her letter about the obituary that she wants from the universe?
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. Why does Arthur Springer call Reta the day after Christmas?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)