|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she respects him.
(b) Whether she loves him.
(c) Whether she trusts him.
(d) Whether she dislikes him.
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he is more successful than she is.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
3. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As familiar and a safe routine.
(c) As dull and infrequent.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
5. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
4. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
5. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)