|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
(a) The constant preoccupation with a world that exists in the imagination.
(b) The constant preoccupation with real life and death concerns.
(c) The constant preoccupation with the self.
(d) The constant preoccupation with recreating the past.
2. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
(a) By giving speeches across the country.
(b) By imposing stricter vagrancy laws.
(c) By allowing them to be fully human.
(d) By sacrificing happiness for honor.
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Primary entitlements.
(c) Accolades and compensation.
(d) Economic advancement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
5. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)