|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his research method.
(c) Reta praises his broad approach.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
2. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
(a) By allowing them to be fully human.
(b) By giving speeches across the country.
(c) By sacrificing happiness for honor.
(d) By imposing stricter vagrancy laws.
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
2. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
3. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
4. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
5. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)