|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
(a) A nonfictional but unbelievable world.
(b) A fictional but unbelievable world.
(c) A nonfictional but believable world.
(d) A fictional but believable world.
2. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
(b) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
(c) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
(d) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(d) Because he is more successful than she is.
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As dull and infrequent.
(b) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(c) As familiar and a safe routine.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
5. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
2. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
3. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
4. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)