|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Freedom of expression.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Primary entitlements.
(d) Economic advancement.
2. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
(a) The constant preoccupation with a world that exists in the imagination.
(b) The constant preoccupation with real life and death concerns.
(c) The constant preoccupation with recreating the past.
(d) The constant preoccupation with the self.
3. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
4. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
(b) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
(c) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
(d) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
5. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
2. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
3. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)