|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Danielle's obstacles.
(b) Emma's loss.
(c) Norah's world.
(d) Reta's mind.
3. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Pulitzer Prize.
(b) The Offenden Prize.
(c) The Man Booker Prize.
(d) The Nobel Prize.
5. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
(a) A fictional but believable world.
(b) A nonfictional but unbelievable world.
(c) A fictional but unbelievable world.
(d) A nonfictional but believable world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
2. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)