|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Reta's mind.
(b) Emma's loss.
(c) Norah's world.
(d) Danielle's obstacles.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(c) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
(d) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
Short Answer Questions
1. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
2. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
3. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
5. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)