|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
2. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
(a) By sacrificing happiness for honor.
(b) By imposing stricter vagrancy laws.
(c) By giving speeches across the country.
(d) By allowing them to be fully human.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
4. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
(a) An evil woman.
(b) A perfect woman.
(c) An imperfect woman.
(d) A trustworthy woman.
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(b) Reta praises his research method.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his broad approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
4. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
5. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)