|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
2. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
3. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(b) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(c) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(d) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his research method.
5. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They disliked each other the first time they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They were intimate the first time they met.
(d) He was seeing another woman when they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
2. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
3. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
4. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)