|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(c) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(d) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A purse.
(d) A sweater.
4. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her daughter, Christine.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her mentor, Danielle.
(d) Her old friend, Gwen.
5. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
(a) Whether she respects him.
(b) Whether she dislikes him.
(c) Whether she loves him.
(d) Whether she trusts him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
2. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
3. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)