|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A scarf.
2. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) Norah's psychiatrist.
(b) Reta's writing teacher.
(c) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
(d) A television host.
5. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As dull and infrequent.
(c) As exciting and unpredictable.
(d) As familiar and a safe routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
2. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
3. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)