|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
(a) Yours, Rita Orange.
(b) Yours, Reta Winters.
(c) Yours, Reta Orangetown.
(d) Yours, Rita Orange d'Ville.
2. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
(a) The author of "The Goodness Gap."
(b) Norah's psychiatrist.
(c) A television host.
(d) Reta's writing teacher.
3. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
(a) An imperfect woman.
(b) A perfect woman.
(c) An evil woman.
(d) A trustworthy woman.
4. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
(a) For not naming her Ophelia.
(b) For being a great mom.
(c) For throwing a party for Christine.
(d) For taking them to dinner.
5. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her old friend, Gwen.
(b) Her editor, Arthur.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
2. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
3. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
4. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
5. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)