|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
2. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
(b) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(c) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(d) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
3. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
(b) Because he is more successful than she is.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
2. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
5. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)