|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
2. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) They were intimate the first time they met.
(d) They disliked each other the first time they met.
3. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(b) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(c) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his research method.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
3. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
4. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
5. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)