|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(b) Reta praises his research method.
(c) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
(d) Reta praises his broad approach.
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A sweater.
(c) A purse.
(d) A necklace.
4. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
(a) The Nobel Prize.
(b) The Man Booker Prize.
(c) The Offenden Prize.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize.
5. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
(a) It is Norah's attempt to be special and above everyone else.
(b) It is Norah's way of getting back at Reta for not being there for her.
(c) It is Norah's deliberate effort to extiguish herself and be a nothing.
(d) It is Norah's excuse not to finish school and get her degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. What does Reta question about her feelings for Tom?
4. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
5. What sport have Christine and Natalie given up playing on Saturdays to spend the day with Norah?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)