|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
(a) Reta shrinks from the idea of not being truthful.
(b) Reta shrinks from the idea of being prudish.
(c) Reta shrinks from the idea of being too explicit.
(d) Reta shrinks from the idea of writing nonfiction.
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(b) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(c) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
3. What constant preoccupation does Reta think is not a normal activity for anyone BUT writers?
(a) The constant preoccupation with recreating the past.
(b) The constant preoccupation with real life and death concerns.
(c) The constant preoccupation with a world that exists in the imagination.
(d) The constant preoccupation with the self.
4. In what month does Reta write her letter to Ford-Halpern?
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. How does Reta sign her letter to Ford-Halpern?
4. What kind of woman does Reta realize she cannot create for a heroine in her novel?
5. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)