|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Reta, what are women still dismissed and excluded from?
(a) Economic advancement.
(b) Accolades and compensation.
(c) Freedom of expression.
(d) Primary entitlements.
2. How are Reta and Danielle different?
(a) Reta is a novelist; Danielle is a biographer.
(b) Reta is Canadian; Danielle is American.
(c) Reta is married with children; Danielle is single and childless.
(d) Reta is young and successful; Danielle is old and poor.
3. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A purse.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A sweater.
4. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what is "an endless series of obstacles, an alignment of locked doors"?
(a) Norah's world.
(b) Danielle's obstacles.
(c) Emma's loss.
(d) Reta's mind.
5. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
(a) They were intimate the first time they met.
(b) She was seeing another man when they met.
(c) He was seeing another woman when they met.
(d) They disliked each other the first time they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
2. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
3. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
4. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
5. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)