|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As familiar and a safe routine.
(c) As dull and infrequent.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
2. Who does Reta meet for lunch after a radio interview in Baltimore?
(a) Her editor, Arthur.
(b) Her old friend, Gwen.
(c) Her daughter, Christine.
(d) Her mentor, Danielle.
3. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
(a) Ford-Halpern's failure to mention any female contributors.
(b) Ford-Halpern's failure to treat Norah.
(c) Ford-Halpern's failure to ask tough questions.
(d) Ford-Halpern's failure to improve Reta's novel.
4. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
5. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A purse.
(d) A sweater.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is Reta considering writing her novel?
2. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
3. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
4. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
5. What prize did Reta's novel, "My Thyme is Up," win the previous year?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)