|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) Reta praises his research method.
(b) Reta praises his broad approach.
(c) Reta praises his intellectual rigor.
(d) Reta praises his personal narrative style.
2. Whose personality is Reta worried about developing in her novel?
3. What has Reta attempted to talk about with her daughters regarding sex?
(a) Reta has attempted to find out if they are having sex.
(b) Reta has attempted to share her own experiences.
(c) Reta has attempted to talk about birth control.
(d) Reta has attempted to convince them to wait until marriage.
4. Why does Reta also chide Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
(a) For including male writers that are blatantly sexist.
(b) For his patronizing tone in discussing some of the great female writers of the century.
(c) For attempting to discuss all literature instead of narrowing his focus.
(d) For failing to mention some of the century's great female writers.
5. According to Reta, what is there a sense of that runs throughout her main characters' story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta reveal about the first time she met Tom?
2. Why does Natalie thank Reta on Christine's birthday in October?
3. In her letter to Ford-Halpern, how does Reta think other daughters can be protected from Norah's fate?
4. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
5. What kind of world is Reta interested in creating for her characters?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)