|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta become angry at the male author being interviewed on the literary television show?
(a) Because he is more successful than she is.
(b) Because he lacks talent and imagination.
(c) Because he dismisses her writing to the host.
(d) Because he doesn't mention any female writers who have influenced him.
2. What present does Reta get for Norah's seventeenth birthday while on a book tour in D.C.?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A purse.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A sweater.
3. According to Reta, what is NOT a romance with impossibly beautiful people?
(a) Her novel.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her job.
4. How does Reta describe her sexual relationship with Tom?
(a) As uncomfortable and unpleasant.
(b) As dull and infrequent.
(c) As familiar and a safe routine.
(d) As exciting and unpredictable.
5. How old does Christine, Reta's daughter, turn in October?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rationale does Reta offer about Norah's strange behavior in her letter to Valkner?
2. In Reta's letter to Ford-Halpern, what failure is "a moral dilemma in itself"?
3. Who is Dennis Ford-Halpern?
4. What praise does Reta give Alexander Valkner about his article "The History of Dictionaries"?
5. What is the idea Reta shrinks from when it comes to writing her book?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)