|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(b) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
2. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
(a) A tracksuit and soap.
(b) A thermos and gloves.
(c) A brush and comb.
(d) Fruit and chocolate.
3. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme in Bloom.
(b) Thyme is Timeless.
(c) Thyme to Forgive.
(d) Thyme in Mind.
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because it is only in her mind.
(b) Because she thinks it is terrible.
(c) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(d) Because she lost it on the computer.
5. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
(b) Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
2. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
3. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
4. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
5. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)