|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(b) Because she lost it on the computer.
(c) Because it is only in her mind.
(d) Because she thinks it is terrible.
2. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(b) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
(d) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
3. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(b) Reta opens the patio door.
(c) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
(d) Reta shuts the patio door.
4. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The bad news on television.
(b) The upcoming holidays.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The two main characters in her novel.
5. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(b) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(c) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(d) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
2. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
3. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
4. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
5. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)