|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
(a) Bandaids and gauze.
(b) Scabs and red sores.
(c) Scratches and bruises.
(d) Scabs and tattoos.
2. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The bad news on television.
(b) The two main characters in her novel.
(c) The upcoming holidays.
(d) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
3. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(b) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
4. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
(a) So that he can correct her grammar.
(b) So that he can help her in the writing of it.
(c) So that he can share it with his colleagues.
(d) So that he can make sure she is doing a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
2. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
3. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
4. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
5. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)