|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(b) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(c) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
2. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
(a) The first draft of her new novel.
(b) The final draft of her next novel.
(c) The final draft of her new novel.
(d) The first draft of her next novel.
3. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(b) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(c) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(d) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
4. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The upcoming holidays.
(b) The two main characters in her novel.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The bad news on television.
5. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
(a) Whether Norah has used a razor in a suicide attempt.
(b) Whether Norah has made unsavory friends.
(c) Whether Norah has fallen and hurt herself.
(d) Whether someone else has hurt Norah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
2. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
3. What task do Reta and Tom engage in after the package is delivered to the Winters' home?
4. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
5. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)