|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
(a) Reta shuts the red kitchen curtains.
(b) Reta shuts the patio door.
(c) Reta opens the red kitchen curtains.
(d) Reta opens the patio door.
2. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Post-traumatic stress syndrome.
3. According to Arthur, who possesses "profound human goodness"?
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
(a) Because it is only in her mind.
(b) Because she lost it on the computer.
(c) Because she wants to work with another editor.
(d) Because she thinks it is terrible.
5. During dinner, after Reta and Tom have finished their work, where do Reta's thoughts turn to besides Norah?
(a) The bad news on television.
(b) The two main characters in her novel.
(c) The wedding of her friend, Danielle.
(d) The upcoming holidays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draft does Arthur ask Reta to send him?
2. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
3. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
4. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
5. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)