|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reta discovers Norah's wrists, what does Tom leave for Norah when he sees her in Toronto?
(a) A jar of cortisone cream and sheepskin gloves.
(b) A jar of cortisone cream and leather gloves.
(c) A jar of moisturizer and leather gloves.
(d) A jar of vaseline and sheepskin gloves.
2. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
3. What is the name of Reta's new novel?
(a) Thyme in Bloom.
(b) Thyme to Forgive.
(c) Thyme is Timeless.
(d) Thyme in Mind.
4. What items are NOT in the package Christine and Natalie bring Norah after Christmas break?
(a) A thermos and gloves.
(b) A brush and comb.
(c) Fruit and chocolate.
(d) A tracksuit and soap.
5. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(b) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
(c) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
(d) To ask if her novel is near completion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom think Norah might be suffering from?
2. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
3. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
5. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)