|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Winters believe Norah will do with the package Christine and Natalie give her?
(a) Throw everything away instead of using it.
(b) Give some of the items to other homeless people.
(c) Save the package but refuse to open it.
(d) Give everything away to other homeless people.
2. Why does Arthur Springer from Scribano & Lawrence call Reta to introduce himself?
(a) To inform her that he is her new editor.
(b) To ask if her novel is near completion.
(c) To discuss the terms of her new contract.
(d) To tell her they will no longer represent her.
3. What does Reta notice on Norah's wrists?
(a) Scabs and red sores.
(b) Scratches and bruises.
(c) Scabs and tattoos.
(d) Bandaids and gauze.
4. Who suddenly dies at Scribano & Lawrence?
(a) Mrs. Scribano.
(b) Mrs. Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Scribano.
(d) Mr. Lawrence.
5. What is delivered to the house that is emblematic of life going on in the Winters' household?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arthur ask Reta to send him a draft?
2. What do Reta and Tom speculate about Norah's wrists?
3. What is the signal Reta gives to Lois for her to come over for her nightly meal with the family?
4. Why does Reta protest sending Arthur a draft?
5. Who is playing the piano when Reta and Tom have finished their work after their package is delivered?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)