Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. Discuss the significance of goodness in the novel as an idea and a catalyst for change, responding to the following questions:
1. What does the concept of goodness mean to Reta?
2. What does the concept of goodness mean to Norah?
3. What is the overall message of goodness as an idea in the novel?
2. Discuss grief as a major theme of the novel, especially the expression of suffering, responding to the following questions:
1. How does Reta cope with her grief?
2. How are Norah's actions a manifestation of grief?
3. What is...
This section contains 875 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)