|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maggie and Wren go see Bill Laurens, what does he tell them?
2. Who does Wren leave his dad to follow?
3. Who shows up at Savitar's when Savitar is about to judge Wren?
4. Who first tries to teach the youngster Wren had to change from human to were and back again?
5. What does Wren know that Maggie does not know?
Essay Topic 1
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
This is the first time Maggie has stood up to her father. It makes her feel very good about herself.
1. Discuss why Maggie standing up to her father might demonstrate her maturity.
2. Do you think children should never defy their parents? Why or why not?
3. Do you think Maggie handled her father the best way? Why or why not? How would you have handled the situation?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,353 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)