|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Aimee argue when she arrives back at Sanctuary?
2. How long does it take for Maggie to get accustomed to her powers?
3. Who does Karina call after leaving the room where she and Aristotle are talking?
4. What are some of Maggie's new skills when in tiger form?
5. Who helps Maggie defeat those who transported her out of Savitar's island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren tell Maggie about the full moon?
2. What does Wren do after he is declared innocent and what does Maggie think about it?
3. Why does Maggie's father call her and what does she tell him?
4. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
5. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
6. Who comes to Maggie's house after Wren leaves? Why are they there and what do they do?
7. What does Wren hear his mother and uncle talking about in 1980?
8. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
9. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
10. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)