|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Wren unconscious?
2. Who knocks on Maggie's door after she and Wren finish talking?
3. What does Maggie do when they start to put a collar on Wren?
4. What is the result of what Maggie does in question 159?
5. Who else shows up at Maggie's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren tell Maggie about the day his parents died?
2. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
3. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
4. What does Wren do after he is declared innocent and what does Maggie think about it?
5. What two things does Wren tell Maggie she can't ingest and how does she feel about that?
6. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
7. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
8. Why does Maggie's father call her and what does she tell him?
9. What does Wren tell Maggie about the full moon?
10. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aristotle's love for his son is apparent to the reader, as he agrees to protect Maggie while Wren follows his mother to find out what she's up to with his uncle.
1. What are some of the ways in which Aristotle show he loves his son?
2. Do you think Karina's attitude towards her son is normal for a mother? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Considering how some parents are, do you think people in our country should have to get a license from the government in order to have children? Discuss your reasoning in depth.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie's father scolds her for missing a week of school and for hanging out with Wren who is a meager bus boy. He tells her to straighten up or he will take everything from her.
1. What do you think of a father who threatens disinheriting a child because she/he won't do what he says? Use examples from life to support your answer. Do you think there is a better way for Maggie's father to deal with her? What is that way?
2. Do you think many children would give up their parents' money to marry who they wanted to marry? Why or why not? Would you do that?
3. Do you think Maggie would feel differently about defying her father is she didn't know Wren was wealthy? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)