|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maggie and Wren do when they realize they've been found by the hunters?
2. With whom does Aimee argue when she arrives back at Sanctuary?
3. What does Maggie do when they taser Wren?
4. When Maggie and Wren go see Bill Laurens, what does he tell them?
5. Back in another, earlier decade, what is Wren witnessing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren's father do to Maggie?
2. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
3. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
4. What happens when Wren and Maggie go to Savitar's island to see him?
5. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
6. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
7. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
8. What does Maggie see in the past of Wren as a child?
9. What does Karina do after she leaves Wren's father's house?
10. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie gets a call on her cell phone from her father. Her courage builds up as her father is screaming at her for missing a week of school. She gets angry and tells him she cannot return at the moment, because she is running away with a tiger.
1. Do you think Maggie should tell her father the truth about her life? Why or why not?
2. Considering Maggie's age do you think her father is too controlling? Why or why not?
3. If you were Maggie how would you handle her father? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)