|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is overwhelming to Wren?
2. What is Wren's only hesitation about saving his father's life?
3. What has Maggie become?
4. When Aristotle discovers Wren and Maggie in the closet, what does Aristotle ask?
5. What else will Maggie not ever swallow again?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
2. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
3. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
4. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
5. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
6. What does Wren tell Maggie about the day his parents died?
7. What happens when Wren and Maggie go to Savitar's island to see him?
8. What does Maggie see in the past of Wren as a child?
9. Why does Maggie's father call her and what does she tell him?
10. What does Wren hear his mother and uncle talking about in 1980?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie gets a call on her cell phone from her father. Her courage builds up as her father is screaming at her for missing a week of school. She gets angry and tells him she cannot return at the moment, because she is running away with a tiger.
1. Do you think Maggie should tell her father the truth about her life? Why or why not?
2. Considering Maggie's age do you think her father is too controlling? Why or why not?
3. If you were Maggie how would you handle her father? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
Essay Topic 3
It is entirely up to the fates when it comes to his kind and their chosen mates.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. Do you believe that fate has any influence in life? Why or why not?
3. Pretend you believe in fate and that two people who are "supposed" to be together don't get together. What do you think that would mean in their lives?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)