|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wren think of Vane's plan?
2. What does Wren say will happen to Maggie at the full moon?
3. Who is with the person in #170?
4. What does Maggie do to Wren's shirt?
5. How does Maggie talk to Wren when he is in were form?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
2. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
3. What does Wren find out about his past at Savitar's council?
4. What does Wren do after he is declared innocent and what does Maggie think about it?
5. What does Maggie see in the past of Wren as a child?
6. What happens when Wren and Maggie go to Savitar's island to see him?
7. What does Maggie tell her father about Wren?
8. What does Wren's father do to Maggie?
9. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
10. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)