|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maggie react when Wren explains about the full moon's effect on were creatures?
2. What is Wren's only hesitation about saving his father's life?
3. Who pulls up to Maggie's house as she and Wren are making love?
4. What does Maggie do when they taser Wren?
5. What does the caller want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
2. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
3. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
4. What does Wren tell Maggie about the day his parents died?
5. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
6. What does Wren's father do to Maggie?
7. What does Wren tell Maggie about the full moon?
8. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
9. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
10. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Blaine pushes Wren, and this starts a fight among all of them. Wren punches Blaine in the face, and the campus police show up. In the end, they handcuff Wren. Maggie tries to protest, telling the police that Wren was just protecting himself, but Wren's look tells her to be quiet.
1. Do you think it was fair that Wren was arrested? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Wren should have hit Blaine just because Blaine pushed him? Why or why not?
3. How do you think this scene could have ended better than Wren being taken off to jail? Who might have been able to defuse the situation and how?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Maggie's father scolds her for missing a week of school and for hanging out with Wren who is a meager bus boy. He tells her to straighten up or he will take everything from her.
1. What do you think of a father who threatens disinheriting a child because she/he won't do what he says? Use examples from life to support your answer. Do you think there is a better way for Maggie's father to deal with her? What is that way?
2. Do you think many children would give up their parents' money to marry who they wanted to marry? Why or why not? Would you do that?
3. Do you think Maggie would feel differently about defying her father is she didn't know Wren was wealthy? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,351 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)