|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Karina call after leaving the room where she and Aristotle are talking?
2. How does Karina react to news that Wren is to inherit all of Aristotle's estate?
3. Where does Wren go when he leaves Nicolette's sanctuary?
4. What contributes to Wren and Maggie's lust for each other?
5. What does Maggie tell the caller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren do after he is declared innocent and what does Maggie think about it?
2. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
3. What does Maggie tell Wren when he awakens and how does he react?
4. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
5. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
6. What does Wren's father do to Maggie?
7. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
8. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
9. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
10. What does Wren find out about his past at Savitar's council?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie gets a call on her cell phone from her father. Her courage builds up as her father is screaming at her for missing a week of school. She gets angry and tells him she cannot return at the moment, because she is running away with a tiger.
1. Do you think Maggie should tell her father the truth about her life? Why or why not?
2. Considering Maggie's age do you think her father is too controlling? Why or why not?
3. If you were Maggie how would you handle her father? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)