|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Maggie defeat those who transported her out of Savitar's island?
2. From whom does Maggie receive a phone call?
3. What is Karina's basic plan?
4. What has Maggie become?
5. Who is with the person in #170?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
2. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
3. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
4. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
5. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
6. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
7. What does Karina do after she leaves Wren's father's house?
8. What does Wren tell Maggie about his childhood?
9. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
10. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Aristotle's love for his son is apparent to the reader, as he agrees to protect Maggie while Wren follows his mother to find out what she's up to with his uncle.
1. What are some of the ways in which Aristotle show he loves his son?
2. Do you think Karina's attitude towards her son is normal for a mother? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Considering how some parents are, do you think people in our country should have to get a license from the government in order to have children? Discuss your reasoning in depth.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie and Wren have to be very careful when traveling back in time, for any changes could alter the future. In many religions or philosophies the saying "time is not an arrow, but a serpent."
1. Discuss what you think is meant by the cliche about time and a serpent.
2. Do you think if time travel was possible anyone should be allowed to do it? Why or why not?
3. Discuss where and when you would like to go if you could travel in time. Include why you would want to go there.
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)