Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wren tell his father as to why he is there?
2. What does the group that is spirited to the bowels of a ship decide?
3. Who killed Karina?
4. What is Wren's response to Maggie's offer of protection.
5. What does Aristotle give Wren before he leaves Savitor's?
Essay Topic 1
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie also comes to the realization that no man would have done what Wren did for her. He took a bullet for her and didn't even tell her. She is impressed, but also feels responsible for him almost dying. The most she can do is send him gifts and tell him how grateful she is for what he's done for her.
1. Do you think it's realistic for Maggie to know that Wren was shot and he's laying in a room above a bar instead of at a hospital? Does that seem to stretch credibility too much? Why or why not?
2. Maggie is saying thank-you to Wren the only way she can do it. How would you feel about someone who saved your life? How would you try to thank that person?
3. Do you think the fact that Wren is supernatural makes him less of a hero for saving Maggie and getting shot for her than if an ordinary human had done the same? Why or why not?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)