|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wren's mother spare his life?
2. What do Maggie and Wren do when they realize they've been found by the hunters?
3. What are some of Maggie's new skills when in tiger form?
4. Who flashes into the room where Maggie is sleeping and Wren is watching her?
5. What does Maggie do to Wren's shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wren tell Maggie about his childhood?
2. When Wren and Maggie go back to 1980, they hear his parents arguing. What were they fighting about and how did it turn out?
3. Why does Maggie's father call her and what does she tell him?
4. What happens to Maggie when she disappears from Savitar's island?
5. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
6. What does Wren tell Maggie about the day his parents died?
7. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
8. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
9. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
10. What does Wren hear his mother and uncle talking about in 1980?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Back in the 1980s, Wren hides in the bushes while he watches his mother and uncle talk on a park bench. He masks his scent and listens as Karina and Grayson make plans to kill Aristotle and keep Wren hostage for his money.
1. How does this event make the people of Wren's world seem more real? Use examples from the book to support your answer.
2. How do you think Wren felt as he listened to his mother and uncle? How would you feel if you heard a conversation like that? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Greed seems to be responsible in life for many unpleasant events, including homicide. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? How have you seen greed affect your life or the life of someone you know?
Essay Topic 2
Maggie's father scolds her for missing a week of school and for hanging out with Wren who is a meager bus boy. He tells her to straighten up or he will take everything from her.
1. What do you think of a father who threatens disinheriting a child because she/he won't do what he says? Use examples from life to support your answer. Do you think there is a better way for Maggie's father to deal with her? What is that way?
2. Do you think many children would give up their parents' money to marry who they wanted to marry? Why or why not? Would you do that?
3. Do you think Maggie would feel differently about defying her father is she didn't know Wren was wealthy? Why or why not? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Wren goes to Maggie's house after he is attacked. Wren begs Maggie not to call the police or a doctor, then he passes out on her kitchen floor and turns into his natural form of half snow leopard and white tiger.
1. If in this life, not in a book, there were people who were also animals and this happened to you, what would you do? How difficult is it to believe the beings and events in this book?
2. Why do you think Wren risked his secret to go to Maggie's house? Do you think any human would be as calm as Maggie when seeing a human turn into an animal? Why or why not?
3. Are Maggie's actions and thoughts believable when Wren turns into an animal? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)