|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wren want to bring Maggie along to the past?
2. What does Maggie tell the caller?
3. What does Maggie do when they start to put a collar on Wren?
4. What is Wren's response to Maggie's offer of protection.
5. Who else shows up at Maggie's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maggie tell her father about Wren?
2. What does Wren find out about his past at Savitar's council?
3. What do Wren and Maggie tell Aristotle about the future? How does he feel about it?
4. What does Wren tell Maggie about his childhood?
5. Why does Maggie's father call her and what does she tell him?
6. What does Wren hear his mother and uncle talking about in 1980?
7. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
8. What does Aimee do after she leaves Wren and why does she fight with her mother?
9. Who shows up at Maggie's house when she is there with Wren and what does he tell her?
10. Where does Wren go when he leaves Maggie and what does he plan to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The reader feels the strong urge Wren has to seek out Marguerite when he lays eyes on her. He doesn't know why her presence calls to him.
1. What do you think this strong attraction foreshadows for the novel?
2. Do you believe that two people can fall in love upon first sight? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the way Wren feels is believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Wren Tigarian, the only child to Aristotle Tigarian and heir to Tigarian Technologies, is Givry's client. Maggie and Givry are stunned by this information.
1. Maggie now knows that Wren is wealthy. Do you think this will change her attitude towards him? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Wren acts and dresses like he is poor? Do you think he is being arrogant to do that?
3. How do you think Blaine and the rest of Maggie's study group would have treated Wren if they had known who he was? Do you think this type of two faced behavior often encountered in society? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)