|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aristotle discovers Wren and Maggie in the closet, what does Aristotle ask?
2. Why does Wren go to Sanctuary?
3. What does Wren do after the conversation about leaving?
4. Why does Maggie ask Wren to tell her about the deaths of his parents?
5. What does Wren tell his father as to why he is there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Karina do after she leaves Wren's father's house?
2. What does Maggie tell her father about Wren?
3. What does Maggie tell Wren about a plan Vane has?
4. What happens to Maggie when she disappears from Savitar's island?
5. What does Wren hear his mother and uncle talking about in 1980?
6. How does Maggie feel about the full moon effect and what does she do?
7. What does Wren do after he is declared innocent and what does Maggie think about it?
8. What happens when Nicolette confronts Zack in Wren's room?
9. How does Maggie react to her new powers in the beginning?
10. Why is Wren being hunted and how does he feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wren Tigarian, the only child to Aristotle Tigarian and heir to Tigarian Technologies, is Givry's client. Maggie and Givry are stunned by this information.
1. Maggie now knows that Wren is wealthy. Do you think this will change her attitude towards him? Why or why not?
2. Why do you think Wren acts and dresses like he is poor? Do you think he is being arrogant to do that?
3. How do you think Blaine and the rest of Maggie's study group would have treated Wren if they had known who he was? Do you think this type of two faced behavior often encountered in society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wren tells Maggie that he cannot be with her, because he feels he will eventually hurt her. Maggie pulls the story out of him about his parents' deaths. He reluctantly tells her that his parents beat each other to death.
1. Do you think children are doomed to repeat their parents' mistakes? Why or why not?
2. Do you think it is wise for Wren to worry about hurting Maggie because of what his parents did? Why or why not?
3. Discuss what you would do if you were Maggie after Wren told her about his parents.
Essay Topic 3
Maggie feels so selfish. She finally realizes the seriousness of the situation and how Wren will die in order for her to live.
1. Who are the people in your life you would die to protect? Why have you chosen those particular people?
2. Do you think that most people have loved ones they would give up their life for? Why or why not?
3. Do you think anyone who gives up his/her life to save someone they love are heroes or do you think that heroes are only those who give up their life to save a stranger? Why or why not?
4. Why do you think Maggie feels selfish? Do you think she has any reason to feel that way? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)