* It is the year 2005 in New Orleans. Marguerite (Maggie) is a college student. She attends Tulane University as a law student.
* Her father is a senator from Louisiana, and her mother is a Cajun woman who commits suicide to escape the life of wife of a senator.
* Marguerite D'Aubert Goudeau has a very dear friend named Nick Gautier. Nick's mother was murdered six months ago, and Nick is missing.
* Her group decides to visit a bar called the Sanctuary to honor their late group member, Nick. He had apparently visited there frequently.
* Several members of the group feel that they are better than the people that hang out at the Sanctuary, but go out of respect for Nick.
* Marguerite notices there's a man at the back of the bar who won't stop staring at her.
* Nick had told her in the past that he met a man...
This section contains 3,480 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)