|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
2. What happened to Henry Bowman after he was attacked while jogging?
3. What does Henry Bowman refuse to tell Cammie Lynn?
4. What does Ray Johnson find as he enters the United States?
5. Whom does Wilson Blair call after his run-in with Henry Bowman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
2. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
3. What is Henry Bowman's feeling about the Oklahoma City bombing?
4. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
5. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
6. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
7. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
8. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
9. For what purpose does Henry Bowman gather an audience?
10. What regulation is passed in 1968?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)