|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Bowman feel about the topic he explains?
2. What does the shootout in Florida demonstrate to Henry Bowman and his friends?
3. What trait allows Henry Bowman to trick Wilson Blair?
4. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
5. What do Henry Bowman and his uncle do following the assassination of Bobby Kennedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
2. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
3. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
4. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
5. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
6. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
7. What regulation is passed in 1968?
8. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
9. Describe the raid on Henry Bowman's home.
10. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)