|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman do with David Webb on returning from Nevada?
2. Who is David Webb?
3. What kind of scene does Henry Bowman stumble on during his trip with David Webb?
4. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb when he returns from the scene he witnessed?
5. What did the federal law of 1968 require of gun owners?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
2. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
3. Describe the raid on Henry Bowman's home.
4. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
5. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
6. What is Henry Bowman's feeling about the Oklahoma City bombing?
7. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
8. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
9. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
10. What regulation is passed in 1968?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of 'Unintended Consequences'? Is it straight fiction? Social commentary? Polemic? Prophesy? Make an argument for one or two genres, based on examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)