|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
2. What does Henry Bowman believe about the Oklahoma City bombing?
3. How long was Ray Johnson away from the U.S. when he returns?
4. What happens to the conceal and carry bill?
5. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb when he returns from the scene he witnessed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the raid on Henry Bowman's home.
2. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
3. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
4. What regulation is passed in 1968?
5. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
6. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
7. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
8. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
9. For what purpose does Henry Bowman gather an audience?
10. Who is Allen Kane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the audience for this book. What would the primary audience for this book be? What would the audience find most entertaining or useful about it? What would other audiences find useful or interesting?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)