|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman help Allen Kane do?
2. How long was Ray Johnson away from the U.S. when he returns?
3. What does Henry Bowman refuse to tell Cammie Lynn?
4. Where is Allen Kane going when he meets Ray Johnson?
5. What does Cammie Lynn tell Henry Bowman when he calls her after returning home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
2. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
3. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
4. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
5. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
6. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
7. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
8. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
9. Who is Allen Kane?
10. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)