|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman believe about the Oklahoma City bombing?
2. Who is April?
3. What is the theme Henry Bowman and his friends see in the FBI raids?
4. What does Henry Bowman tell Ray Johnson about the old paper money?
5. What do Henry Bowman and his uncle do following the assassination of Bobby Kennedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
2. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
3. For what purpose does Henry Bowman gather an audience?
4. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
5. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
6. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
7. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
8. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
9. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
10. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
Essay Topic 2
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)