|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the conceal and carry bill?
2. How much money did Henry Bowman win?
3. What is Wilson Blair trying to accomplish when he sees Henry Bowman?
4. What does Henry Bowman tell the third person?
5. What did Henry Bowman compete to win at this event in Nevada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
2. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
3. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
4. Who is Allen Kane?
5. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
6. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
7. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
8. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
9. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
10. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)