|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman explain to Allen Kane's audience?
2. What does Henry Bowman tell Ray Johnson about the old paper money?
3. What do Henry Bowman and his uncle do following the assassination of Bobby Kennedy?
4. What did the federal law of 1968 require of gun owners?
5. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 2
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)