|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the feds focused on as a form of de facto gun control?
2. Allen Kane has trained people in____________.
3. What raids appalled Henry Bowman and his gun friends?
4. Whom does Alex Neuman leave in charge of his office while he is gone?
5. Henry Bowman gives Ray Johnson lessons on ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
2. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
3. Who is Alex Neuman?
4. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
5. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
6. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
7. What regulation is passed in 1968?
8. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
9. For what purpose does Henry Bowman gather an audience?
10. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Ross' characterization of the opposition. How does John Ross characterize people who advocate for gun control? Is it a fair characterization? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 3
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)