|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Ray Johnson away from the U.S. when he returns?
2. What is the topic of Henry Bowman's high school economics class paper?
3. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her position in Las Vegas?
4. Where do Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
5. Who is April?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
2. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
3. Who is Alex Neuman?
4. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
5. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
6. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
7. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
8. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
9. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
10. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 2
Define the audience for this book. What would the primary audience for this book be? What would the audience find most entertaining or useful about it? What would other audiences find useful or interesting?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)