|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Alex Neuman leave in charge of his office while he is gone?
2. Who is David Webb?
3. What does the shootout in Florida demonstrate to Henry Bowman and his friends?
4. Allen Kane has trained people in____________.
5. Where is Alex Neuman on his way to in 1996?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
2. What regulation is passed in 1968?
3. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
4. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
5. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
6. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
7. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
8. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
9. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
10. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
Essay Topic 2
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)