|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
2. What is about to happen when Henry Bowman encounters this scene?
3. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
4. What did Henry Bowman compete to win at this event in Nevada?
5. What action is the FBI taking with regard to Henry Bowman in 1996?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Ross' characterization of the opposition. How does John Ross characterize people who advocate for gun control? Is it a fair characterization? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 3
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)