|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shootout in Florida demonstrate to Henry Bowman and his friends?
2. What happened to Henry Bowman after he was attacked while jogging?
3. Who is David Webb?
4. What is about to happen when Henry Bowman encounters this scene?
5. What does Henry Bowman explain to Allen Kane's audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the raid on Henry Bowman's home.
2. What regulation is passed in 1968?
3. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
4. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
5. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
6. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
7. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
8. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
9. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
10. Who is Alex Neuman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
Define the audience for this book. What would the primary audience for this book be? What would the audience find most entertaining or useful about it? What would other audiences find useful or interesting?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)