|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Henry Bowman's high school economics class paper?
2. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
3. What did Cindy Caswell use to prepare her escape?
4. When was Cindy Caswell kidnapped?
5. What happens to April?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
2. Describe the raid on Henry Bowman's home.
3. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
4. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
5. Who is Alex Neuman?
6. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
7. What does Henry Bowman do after high school?
8. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
9. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
10. Who is Allen Kane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)