|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Henry Bowman after he was attacked while jogging?
2. What does Henry Bowman believe about the Oklahoma City bombing?
3. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
4. What did Henry Bowman spend his winnings on?
5. Who is April?
Short Essay Questions
1. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
2. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
3. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
4. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
5. Who is Allen Kane?
6. What regulation is passed in 1968?
7. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
8. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
9. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
10. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
What is the genre of 'Unintended Consequences'? Is it straight fiction? Social commentary? Polemic? Prophesy? Make an argument for one or two genres, based on examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)