|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Henry Bowman after he was attacked while jogging?
2. What was the verdict on the gun raids in Missouri?
3. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
4. What raids appalled Henry Bowman and his gun friends?
5. What does Henry Bowman demonstrate to David Webb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
2. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
3. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
4. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
5. Who is Alex Neuman?
6. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
7. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
8. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
9. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
10. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 2
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)