|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry Bowman feel about the topic he explains?
2. Whose anger is behind the FBI watching Henry Bowman?
3. Whom does Wilson Blair call after his run-in with Henry Bowman?
4. What is the topic of Henry Bowman's high school economics class paper?
5. Gun owners have ___________ left to buy weapons before they are banned.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alex Neuman?
2. Who is Allen Kane?
3. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
4. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
5. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
6. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
7. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
8. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
9. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
10. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)