|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Henry Bowman and his uncle concerned about, following Bobby Kennedy's murder?
2. What does Henry Bowman tell April it is illegal for her to do?
3. Where do Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
4. What does Ray Johnson find as he enters the United States?
5. How long was Ray Johnson away from the U.S. when he returns?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
2. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
3. Who is Allen Kane?
4. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
5. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
6. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
7. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
8. What is Henry Bowman's feeling about the Oklahoma City bombing?
9. What happens around the time that Cindy Caswell's friend April is assaulted?
10. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)