|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the verdict on the gun raids in Missouri?
2. What does Cammie Lynn tell Henry Bowman when he calls her after returning home?
3. What does Henry Bowman help Allen Kane do?
4. What job does Henry Bowman take after school?
5. How does Henry Bowman help Cindy Caswell make money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
2. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
3. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
4. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
5. What does Henry Bowman tell David Webb on the canoe trip?
6. What regulation is passed in 1968?
7. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
8. Who is Alex Neuman?
9. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
10. For what purpose does Henry Bowman gather an audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)