Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
2. What is about to happen when Henry Bowman encounters this scene?
3. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
4. What did Henry Bowman compete to win at this event in Nevada?
5. What action is the FBI taking with regard to Henry Bowman in 1996?
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of 'Unintended Consequences'? Is it straight fiction? Social commentary? Polemic? Prophesy? Make an argument for one or two genres, based on examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)