|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the ATF agents' actions perceived in Henry Bowman's community?
2. What is about to happen when Henry Bowman encounters this scene?
3. What excuse does the government use for regulating guns?
4. What did Henry Bowman compete to win at this event in Nevada?
5. What action is the FBI taking with regard to Henry Bowman in 1996?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 3
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)