|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
2. Where does Buell Jenkins work?
3. Who is Richard Gaines?
4. What charges can the federal agents use?
5. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
2. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
3. Who is Max Collins?
4. Who is Harold Gaines?
5. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
6. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
7. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
8. Who is the Gutierrez family?
9. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
10. Who is Walter Bowman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)