|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
2. Who did Ad Topperwine work for?
3. Who is Irwin Mann?
4. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
5. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
2. What happens when Henry Bowman and Cindy Caswell meet?
3. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
4. What raids give Henry Bowman source for worry?
5. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
6. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
7. Who is Ad Topperwine?
8. What does Henry Bowman do to help Cindy Caswell get cash?
9. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
10. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)