|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the period Ross covers in 'Unintended Consequences' begin?
2. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
3. Where does Ray Johnson live?
4. Who is Zofia?
5. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Gutierrez family?
2. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
3. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
4. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
5. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
6. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
7. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
8. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
9. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
10. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Ross' characterization of the opposition. How does John Ross characterize people who advocate for gun control? Is it a fair characterization? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)