|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
2. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
3. What does Ray Johnson do when he hears about what happened?
4. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
5. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
2. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
3. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
4. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
5. Who is Harold Gaines?
6. Who is Ray Johnson?
7. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
8. Who is Ad Topperwine?
9. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
10. What happens to Zofia's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)