|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the wreck which Max Collins survived take place?
2. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
3. Who gives Henry Bowman his first guns?
4. Where does Ray Johnson live?
5. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
2. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
3. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
4. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
5. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
6. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
7. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
8. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
9. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
10. What happens to Zofia's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the proposition that as societies grow more complex, their members have to make more and more sacrifices of personal liberty for the sake of social peace.
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of 'Unintended Consequences'? Is it straight fiction? Social commentary? Polemic? Prophesy? Make an argument for one or two genres, based on examples from the book.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)