|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buell Jenkins?
2. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
3. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
4. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
5. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
2. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
3. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
4. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
5. What is the book's resolution?
6. Who is Max Collins?
7. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
8. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
9. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
10. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the proposition that as societies grow more complex, their members have to make more and more sacrifices of personal liberty for the sake of social peace.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)