|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ray Johnson begin to work?
2. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
3. When does the period Ross covers in 'Unintended Consequences' begin?
4. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
5. Cameron Wilcox returns from war with ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
2. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
3. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
4. Who is Max Collins?
5. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
6. What happens to Zofia's family?
7. Who is Walter Bowman?
8. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
9. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
10. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 3
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)