|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
2. Where does Buell Jenkins work?
3. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
4. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
5. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
2. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
3. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
4. Who is Ray Johnson?
5. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
6. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
7. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
8. Who is Max Collins?
9. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
10. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)