|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
2. Who was Ad Topperwine?
3. When does Cameron Wilcox suffer personal disasters?
4. Who is Max Collins?
5. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
2. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
3. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
4. Who is Harold Gaines?
5. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
6. Who is Ad Topperwine?
7. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
8. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
9. Who is Max Collins?
10. Who is Ray Johnson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)