Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buell Jenkins?
2. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
3. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
4. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
5. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
2. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
3. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
4. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
5. What is the book's resolution?
6. Who is Max Collins?
7. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
8. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
9. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
10. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
Essay Topic 1
Debate the interpretation of the Second Amendment. Does it allow concealed weapons? Assault rifles? What role should the government have in regulating these things?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)