|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
2. Who is Catherine Bowman?
3. What theme runs through the first chapter?
4. What talent saved Max Collins?
5. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
2. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
3. Who is Ray Johnson?
4. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
5. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
6. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
7. Who is Ad Topperwine?
8. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
9. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
10. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of 'Unintended Consequences'? Is it straight fiction? Social commentary? Polemic? Prophesy? Make an argument for one or two genres, based on examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)