|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
2. Who is Zofia?
3. Who do the federal agents find?
4. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
5. Where does World War II find Max Collins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
2. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
3. Who is Ad Topperwine?
4. What happened to Cindy Caswell on her high school trip?
5. What happens to Zofia's family?
6. How did Cindy Caswell escape from her situation?
7. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
8. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
9. Describe Richard Gaines's path after college.
10. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
Essay Topic 1
Define the audience for this book. What would the primary audience for this book be? What would the audience find most entertaining or useful about it? What would other audiences find useful or interesting?
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)