Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buell Jenkins?
2. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
3. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
4. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
5. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman's interaction with Wilson Blair at the gun show?
2. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
3. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
4. What is the consequence of Bobby Kennedy's assassination for Henry Bowman?
5. What is the book's resolution?
6. Who is Max Collins?
7. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
8. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
9. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
10. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
Compare and contrast the characterization of Henry Bowman and one of the minor characters. How are they similar? How are they different? How are the characters drawn differently? What kind of detail does Henry Bowman get? How detailed is his characterization?
How realistic is this book? What parts are not believable? What leaps of faith does the author require of the reader? Are these leaps painful to make? What do these leaps allow the author to do?
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)