|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Henry Bowman NOT start writing to?
2. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
3. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
4. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
5. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Gutierrez family?
2. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
3. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
4. Who is Walter Bowman?
5. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
6. Who is Harold Gaines?
7. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
8. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
9. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
10. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Ross' characterization of the opposition. How does John Ross characterize people who advocate for gun control? Is it a fair characterization? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)