|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
2. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
3. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
4. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
5. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
2. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
3. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
4. Who is Ray Johnson?
5. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
6. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
7. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
8. What happens to Zofia's family?
9. Who is Max Collins?
10. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the economy of 'Unintended Consequences'? How are injuries repaid or injustices made right? How are experiences paid for, and what do people have to do to get what they want? Is it a money economy, or an economy based on something else?
Essay Topic 2
Define the audience for this book. What would the primary audience for this book be? What would the audience find most entertaining or useful about it? What would other audiences find useful or interesting?
Essay Topic 3
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)