|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
2. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
3. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
4. What theme runs through the first chapter?
5. What talent saved Max Collins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
2. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
3. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
4. Who is the Gutierrez family?
5. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
6. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
7. What happens to Zofia's family?
8. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
9. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
10. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is not a patriot but a vigilante and renegade who stands not for civilization but for lawlessness.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)