|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Cameron Wilcox suffer personal disasters?
2. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
3. What genre is 'Unintended Consequences'?
4. What opposition do the court cases set up?
5. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
2. Describe Henry Bowman's attack and its consequences.
3. Who is Allen Kane?
4. What does Ray Johnson say when Henry Bowman flies out to see him?
5. How does Henry Bowman commit the act of conspiracy to commit murder?
6. Describe Ray Johnson's return to the United States.
7. Who is Harold Gaines?
8. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
9. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
10. What is Henry Bowman's feeling about the Oklahoma City bombing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)