|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson do for Pedro Gutierrez?
2. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
3. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
4. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
5. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
2. What is Henry Bowman constantly railing against?
3. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
4. What regulation is passed in 1968?
5. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
6. How has the atmosphere with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms changed by 1982?
7. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
8. What does Henry Bowman do after feeding Wilson Blair's body to the hogs?
9. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
10. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the claim that Henry Bowman is an American hero. How does he rate compared to other American heroes? What traits are heroic? What traits are tragic or anti-heroic?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)