|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
2. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
3. Where does Harold Gaines live?
4. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
5. What charges can the federal agents use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
2. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
3. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
4. Who is Ray Johnson?
5. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
6. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
7. Who is Walter Bowman?
8. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
9. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
10. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)