|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
2. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
3. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
4. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
5. Who is Zofia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
2. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
3. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
4. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
5. Who is Harold Gaines?
6. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
7. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
8. Who is Max Collins?
9. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
10. What happens to Zofia's family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 2
How would this book be different if were told from the perspective of a black man, a woman, or someone else? How would Native Americans tell this story differently? How is the story limited by being told about a white man?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)