|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman learn a lot about?
2. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
3. Who is Lieutenant Cameron Wilcox?
4. Who was Ad Topperwine?
5. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
2. Who is Max Collins?
3. Who is Ray Johnson?
4. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
5. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
6. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
7. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
8. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
9. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
10. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the use of sex in 'Unintended Consequences.' How does it contribute to the book? How does Henry Bowman's attack and rape make the reader feel? How does it affect the reader's sympathies?
Essay Topic 2
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 3
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)