|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Collins?
2. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
3. What charges can the federal agents use?
4. Who do the federal agents find?
5. Where does Ray Johnson live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
2. Who is Harold Gaines?
3. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
4. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
5. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
6. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
7. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
8. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
9. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
10. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 3
To what degree is this book internally consistent? How much does it follow the rules it lays out? Where does it diverge from those rules?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)