|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
2. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
3. Where did Irwin Mann get the weapons he learns to use?
4. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
5. What charges can the federal agents use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
2. Who is Max Collins?
3. Who is Walter Bowman?
4. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
5. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
6. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
7. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
8. What happens to Zofia's family?
9. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
10. Who is the Gutierrez family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Unintended Consequences.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Henry Bowman's fears of the government. Are they rational and real, or are they fictional and unrealistic? Is Henry Bowman right to want to hold the law in his own hands?
Essay Topic 3
Assess the value of the killing spree at the end of the book. Is it a real resolution to the book's plot? Is it realistic? What is the purpose of the killing spree?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)