|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the period Ross covers in 'Unintended Consequences' begin?
2. Whom does Henry Bowman NOT start writing to?
3. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
4. Who is Catherine Bowman?
5. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Gutierrez family?
2. What does Ray Johnson say when Henry Bowman flies out to see him?
3. What happens when Henry Bowman goes on a canoe trip?
4. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
5. How has the government tried to regulate guns without imposing new laws?
6. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
7. What regulation is passed in 1968?
8. What happens at the pigeon shoot in Nevada?
9. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
10. What happens to Zofia's family?
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence?
Essay Topic 2
Research gun crimes in America and the contribution of gun shows to crimes with illegal guns. Are gun shows the problem or the solution, or is the problem elsewhere?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the proposition that as societies grow more complex, their members have to make more and more sacrifices of personal liberty for the sake of social peace.
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)