|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ad Topperwine?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A gun dealer.
(c) A sharpshooter.
(d) A policeman.
2. Where did Ray Johnson get his degree?
3. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His country.
(b) His family.
(c) His property.
(d) His Second Amendment rights.
4. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(b) Cornell University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Brown University.
5. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(a) A horse ranch.
(b) A wheat farm.
(c) A cotton plantation.
(d) A tenement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
2. Cameron Wilcox returns from war with ______________.
3. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
4. Whom does Henry Bowman NOT start writing to?
5. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
2. Who is Ray Johnson?
3. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
4. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
5. What happens to Zofia's family?
6. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
7. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
8. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
9. Who is Harold Gaines?
10. Who is Max Collins?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)