|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Richard Gaines?
(a) A teenager in St. Louis.
(b) A shoe salesman.
(c) A mechanic in Walter Bowman's company.
(d) A lawyer in Ray Johnson's firm.
2. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(b) People creating their own justice with guns.
(c) The need for education regarding gun use.
(d) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
3. Who is Max Collins?
(a) Zofia's husband.
(b) Zofia's brother-in-law.
(c) Zofia's professor.
(d) Zofia's murderer.
4. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
(a) He gets involved with a murder.
(b) Henry Bowman's father dies.
(c) His parents are killed.
(d) Pedro Gutierrez's child dies.
5. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To St. Louis.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
2. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
3. What was the Supreme Court's ruling on the initial judge's ruling?
4. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
5. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
2. Who is the Gutierrez family?
3. What happens to Zofia's family?
4. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
5. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
6. Who is Walter Bowman?
7. Who is Harold Gaines?
8. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
9. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
10. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)