|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Irwin Mann have to flee?
(a) When Nazis come to his home.
(b) When federal agents come to his home.
(c) When his unit is ambushed.
(d) When the resistance fails.
2. When does Cameron Wilcox suffer personal disasters?
(a) World War I.
(b) Civil War.
(c) Spanish-American War.
(d) The Great Depression.
3. Who is Buell Jenkins?
(a) A Polish Jew.
(b) A shoe salesman.
(c) A Senator.
(d) An airplane mechanic.
4. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
(a) He stayed with a family.
(b) He shot the commander looking for him.
(c) He hid in the bushes.
(d) He hopped a train.
5. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
(a) John Browning.
(b) Simon Winchester.
(c) Samuel Colt.
(d) Smith & Wesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
2. When does the period Ross covers in 'Unintended Consequences' begin?
3. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
4. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
5. Where is Irwin Mann transported in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
2. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
3. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
4. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
5. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
6. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
7. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
8. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
9. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
10. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)