|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A car wreck.
(b) A train wreck.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A shipwreck.
2. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(b) Political science.
(c) Animal husbandry.
3. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Illegal stills.
(c) Ku Klux Klansmen.
(d) Illegal firearms.
4. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His family.
(b) His property.
(c) His country.
(d) His Second Amendment rights.
5. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(b) The need for education regarding gun use.
(c) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(d) People creating their own justice with guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine Bowman?
2. Who is Buell Jenkins?
3. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
4. Who did Ad Topperwine work for?
5. Who is Irwin Mann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
2. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
3. Who is Max Collins?
4. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
5. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
6. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
7. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
8. Who is Walter Bowman?
9. Who is the Gutierrez family?
10. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)