|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
(a) They are hidden from them.
(b) They are embraced by them.
(c) They are killed by them.
(d) They are threatened by them.
2. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
(a) A high-precision gun sight.
(b) A specialized biplane.
(c) A specialized semi-automatic rifle.
(d) An airplane engine.
3. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
(a) The right to own guns.
(b) The need to regulate gun ownership.
(c) The danger of gun ownership.
(d) The importance of gun ownership.
4. How does Irwin Mann escape?
(a) Through the sewers.
(b) On a truck.
(c) In a herd of sheep.
(d) Into the woods.
5. Who is Catherine Bowman?
(a) Max Collins' sister.
(b) Irwin Mann's sister-in-law.
(c) Walter Bowman's mother.
(d) Irwin Mann's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Henry Bowman NOT start writing to?
2. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
3. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
4. Who is Buell Jenkins?
5. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
2. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
3. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
4. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
5. Who is Ray Johnson?
6. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
7. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
8. Who is Ad Topperwine?
9. Who is Max Collins?
10. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)