|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(b) Brown University.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
3. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
(a) A rancher.
(b) An artillery specialist.
(c) A shoe salesman.
(d) A flight trainer.
4. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
(a) Hunting grounds.
(b) Shooting matches.
(c) Riding competitions.
5. Who gives Henry Bowman his first guns?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
2. Who is Zofia?
3. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
4. Where did Irwin Mann get the weapons he learns to use?
5. Who is Irwin Mann?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
2. What happens to Zofia's family?
3. Who is Walter Bowman?
4. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
5. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
6. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
7. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
8. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
9. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
10. Who is Max Collins?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)