|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(b) Falling Action.
(d) Rising action.
2. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) $500,000 settlement.
(b) $70 million settlement.
(c) $7 million settlement.
(d) No settlement.
3. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(b) Persecution of Jews.
(c) Persecution of Native Americans.
(d) Government overreach.
4. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
(a) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) Jim Crow laws.
(d) The Homestead Act.
5. What dream is Ray Johnson cherishing when he starts to work?
(a) Hunting in the Rockies.
(b) Hunting with falcons.
(c) An African safari.
(d) A guided hunting trip in Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
2. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
3. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
4. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
5. What talent saved Max Collins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
2. What happens to Zofia's family?
3. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
4. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
5. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
6. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
7. Who is Max Collins?
8. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
9. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
10. What happened to Rosa Gutierrez?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)