|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ad Topperwine work for?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Winchester guns.
(c) Winchester, CT police.
(d) Dorchester, MA police.
2. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) The need for education regarding gun use.
(b) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(c) People creating their own justice with guns.
(d) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
3. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
(a) He teaches himself.
(b) He learns from a Nazi officer.
(c) He learns in the Army.
(d) He learned as a child.
4. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
(a) The danger of gun ownership.
(b) The right to own guns.
(c) The importance of gun ownership.
(d) The need to regulate gun ownership.
5. What genre is 'Unintended Consequences'?
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Science fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman do with his father in 1959?
2. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
3. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
4. Who is Max Collins?
5. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry Bowman's childhood.
2. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
3. What is Henry Bowman's goal in life as a young person?
4. Who is Ray Johnson?
5. What does Henry Bowman say about the assassination of President Kennedy?
6. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
7. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
8. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
9. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
10. Who is Max Collins?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)