|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
(b) A shooting accident.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) His wounds.
2. What opposition do the court cases set up?
(a) Between private citizens and government agents.
(b) Between gun owners and gun manufacturers.
(c) Between law enforcement and gun owners.
(d) Between the federal government and gun culture.
3. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
(a) Illegal immigrants.
(b) Illegal firearms.
(c) Ku Klux Klansmen.
(d) Illegal stills.
4. Who is Buell Jenkins?
(a) A Polish Jew.
(b) A shoe salesman.
(c) A Senator.
(d) An airplane mechanic.
5. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
2. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
3. When does Irwin Mann have to flee?
4. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
5. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Gutierrez family?
2. Who is Harold Gaines?
3. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
4. What law do Henry Bowman and his friends resent?
5. Who are Henry Bowman's friends as a teenager?
6. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
7. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
8. Who is Walter Bowman?
9. What happens to Zofia's family?
10. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)