|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
(a) His wounds.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A shooting accident.
2. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
(b) A training schedule.
(c) A theatre group.
(d) A flight squadron.
3. Who is Catherine Bowman?
(a) Irwin Mann's sister.
(b) Max Collins' sister.
(c) Walter Bowman's mother.
(d) Irwin Mann's sister-in-law.
4. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
(b) The Firearms Act.
(c) The Homestead Act.
(d) The Immigration Act.
5. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His country.
(b) His property.
(c) His family.
(d) His Second Amendment rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
2. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
3. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
4. Where does Ray Johnson live?
5. What does Ray Johnson do for Pedro Gutierrez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Richard Gaines doing in 1959?
2. What happens to Zofia's family?
3. What is Ray Johnson looking forward to in 1959?
4. What had Ray Johnson just finished when we see him in 1959?
5. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
6. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
7. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
8. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
9. What does Ray Johnson do after finishing his graduate degree?
10. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)