|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
(a) A plane ticket to Africa.
(b) A week in a hunting cabin.
(c) A gun.
(d) Parts for his airplane.
2. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
(a) Individual gun ownership.
(b) Arming insurgencies.
(c) Government gun regulation.
(d) Selling weapons to foreign countries.
3. Where did the wreck which Max Collins survived take place?
(a) Behind enemy lines.
(b) The Warsaw Ghetto.
(c) New York.
4. For what topic does the first chapter "Seeds" lay the foundation for?
(a) Modern terrorism.
(b) Modern legal theory.
(c) Modern gun culture.
(d) Postmodern political regulations.
5. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Persecution of Jews.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(d) Government overreach.
6. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) His wife worked at a chemical company.
(b) His wife was in an industrial accident.
(c) He served in the war.
(d) His wife had been taking prescription drugs during pregnancy.
7. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
(a) A specialized semi-automatic rifle.
(b) A specialized biplane.
(c) A high-precision gun sight.
(d) An airplane engine.
8. What does Henry Bowman do with his father in 1959?
9. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) People creating their own justice with guns.
(b) The need for education regarding gun use.
(c) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(d) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
10. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(a) Cornell University.
(b) Harvard University.
(d) Brown University.
11. Who is Lieutenant Cameron Wilcox?
(a) A gun designer.
(b) A World War II soldier.
(c) A Korean War soldier.
(d) A World War I soldier.
12. What charges can the federal agents NOT arrest this person or these people on?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Illegal immigration.
(c) Illegal alcohol production.
(d) Driving under the influence.
13. What does Henry Bowman explain about President Kennedy's assassination?
(a) How Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle worked.
(b) How Lee Harvey Oswald must have had conspirators.
(c) How Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle could not have killed the President.
(d) How Lee Harvey Oswald's rifle could have hit each of the people in the car.
14. Who did Ad Topperwine work for?
(a) Dorchester, MA police.
(b) Winchester guns.
(c) Winchester, CT police.
(d) The FBI.
15. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(a) Animal husbandry.
(b) Political science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Cameron Wilcox involved in a veterans' march?
2. What does Ray Johnson do for Pedro Gutierrez?
3. When does Irwin Mann have to flee?
4. Who is Max Collins?
5. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)