|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
(a) Racial violence.
(b) Economic depression.
(c) Peacetime routines.
(d) Political upheaval.
2. Where does World War II find Max Collins?
3. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(a) Animal husbandry.
(b) Political science.
4. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
(a) The Firearms Act.
(b) The Homestead Act.
(d) The Immigration Act.
5. Who do the federal agents find?
(a) A family.
(b) A woman.
(c) One judge.
(d) Two brothers.
6. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
(a) Goes to Africa.
(b) Travels to see his parents.
(c) Goes hunting in the Rockies.
(d) Travels to Asia to hunt.
7. Who was Ad Topperwine?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A gun dealer.
(c) A sharpshooter.
(d) A hunter.
8. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(c) Falling Action.
(d) Rising action.
9. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
(a) Be strong.
(b) Remain vigilant.
(c) Remain true.
(d) Be proactive.
10. When does Cameron Wilcox suffer personal disasters?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) World War I.
(c) Civil War.
(d) Spanish-American War.
11. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
(a) Horseback riding.
12. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
13. What does Henry Bowman learn a lot about?
(a) Historical figures.
(b) Types of guns.
(c) Breeds of horses.
(d) Inventors of guns.
14. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To New York.
(d) To St. Louis.
15. What is Henry Bowman's primary goal?
(a) To design rifles.
(b) To kill Nazis.
(c) To hunt big game.
(d) To be a first-class marksman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ray Johnson begin to work?
2. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
3. Where does Ray Johnson live?
4. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
5. For what topic does the first chapter "Seeds" lay the foundation for?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)