|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(a) A cotton plantation.
(b) A tenement.
(c) A wheat farm.
(d) A horse ranch.
2. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) A new gun.
(b) Deportation papers.
(c) A subpoena.
(d) A damaged baby.
3. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
(a) Government gun regulation.
(b) Selling weapons to foreign countries.
(c) Arming insurgencies.
(d) Individual gun ownership.
4. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
5. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Twelfth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Second grade.
6. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A car wreck.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A train wreck.
7. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His country.
(b) His property.
(c) His Second Amendment rights.
(d) His family.
8. Where is Irwin Mann transported in Chapter Two?
(a) A training facility in Florida.
(b) A refugee camp outside Berlin.
(c) New York.
(d) Warsaw Ghetto.
9. Who is Richard Gaines?
(a) A lawyer in Ray Johnson's firm.
(b) A teenager in St. Louis.
(c) A mechanic in Walter Bowman's company.
(d) A shoe salesman.
10. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
(a) His father dying of cancer.
(b) A car wreck.
(c) His parents divorce.
(d) A hunting accident.
11. Who was Ad Topperwine?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A sharpshooter.
(c) A gun dealer.
(d) A hunter.
12. Who is Max Collins?
(a) Zofia's professor.
(b) Zofia's murderer.
(c) Zofia's husband.
(d) Zofia's brother-in-law.
13. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
(a) They are threatened by them.
(b) They are hidden from them.
(c) They are killed by them.
(d) They are embraced by them.
14. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
(c) Horseback riding.
15. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
(c) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
2. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
3. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
4. Where does World War II find Max Collins?
5. What was the Supreme Court's ruling on the initial judge's ruling?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)