|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) His wife was in an industrial accident.
(b) His wife worked at a chemical company.
(c) He served in the war.
(d) His wife had been taking prescription drugs during pregnancy.
2. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) $70 million settlement.
(b) No settlement.
(c) $500,000 settlement.
(d) $7 million settlement.
3. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
(a) He shot the commander looking for him.
(b) He hid in the bushes.
(c) He stayed with a family.
(d) He hopped a train.
4. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A plane crash.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A car wreck.
(d) A train wreck.
5. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
(a) Travels to Asia to hunt.
(b) Goes hunting in the Rockies.
(c) Travels to see his parents.
(d) Goes to Africa.
6. What opposition do the court cases set up?
(a) Between gun owners and gun manufacturers.
(b) Between private citizens and government agents.
(c) Between the federal government and gun culture.
(d) Between law enforcement and gun owners.
7. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Second grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Twelfth grade.
8. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
(a) Be proactive.
(b) Remain true.
(c) Remain vigilant.
(d) Be strong.
9. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) Janitor in Ray Johnson's apartment building.
(b) Mechanic at Walter Bowman's hangar.
(c) Doctor at Ray Johnson's office.
(d) Mailman at Ray Johnson's law firm.
10. How does Irwin Mann escape?
(a) Into the woods.
(b) In a herd of sheep.
(c) Through the sewers.
(d) On a truck.
11. Who was NOT in the audience of Henry Bowman's explanation about the Kennedy assassination?
(a) Irwin Mann.
(b) His parents.
(c) Ray Johnson.
(d) The Collins.
12. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
(a) A shooting accident.
(b) His wounds.
(c) A heart attack.
13. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
(a) A car wreck.
(b) His father dying of cancer.
(c) His parents divorce.
(d) A hunting accident.
14. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(b) People creating their own justice with guns.
(c) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(d) The need for education regarding gun use.
15. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
(a) Government gun regulation.
(b) Individual gun ownership.
(c) Arming insurgencies.
(d) Selling weapons to foreign countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
2. What dream is Ray Johnson cherishing when he starts to work?
3. Where did Ray Johnson get his degree?
4. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
5. Where is Irwin Mann transported in Chapter Two?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)