|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
(a) Goes to Africa.
(b) Goes hunting in the Rockies.
(c) Travels to see his parents.
(d) Travels to Asia to hunt.
2. Who do the federal agents find?
(a) Two brothers.
(b) One judge.
(c) A woman.
(d) A family.
3. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(a) Rising action.
(b) Falling Action.
4. Who is Max Collins?
(a) Zofia's professor.
(b) Zofia's murderer.
(c) Zofia's brother-in-law.
(d) Zofia's husband.
5. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
(a) A semi-automatic pistol.
(b) A new semi-automatic rifle.
(c) An automatic artillery piece.
(d) An automatic rifle.
6. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His country.
(b) His Second Amendment rights.
(c) His family.
(d) His property.
7. Where does Buell Jenkins work?
(a) At Irwin Mann's house.
(b) At Bowman's training facility.
(c) At Army headquarters.
(d) At Winchester's factory.
8. What talent saved Max Collins?
(c) Sharp shooting.
9. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(a) A wheat farm.
(b) A cotton plantation.
(c) A tenement.
(d) A horse ranch.
10. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A car wreck.
(c) A train wreck.
(d) A plane crash.
11. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
(a) His parents are killed.
(b) He gets involved with a murder.
(c) Pedro Gutierrez's child dies.
(d) Henry Bowman's father dies.
12. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
(a) To New York.
(b) To St. Louis.
(c) To San Francisco.
(d) To Texas.
13. Henry Bowman travels around to ______________.
(a) Hunting grounds.
(b) Shooting matches.
(d) Riding competitions.
14. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Government overreach.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(d) Persecution of Jews.
15. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
(a) Peacetime routines.
(b) Racial violence.
(c) Political upheaval.
(d) Economic depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
2. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
3. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
4. Who is Richard Gaines?
5. Where is Irwin Mann transported in Chapter Two?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)