|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
2. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
(b) The Firearms Act.
(c) The Homestead Act.
(d) The Immigration Act.
3. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
(a) Goes hunting in the Rockies.
(b) Goes to Africa.
(c) Travels to see his parents.
(d) Travels to Asia to hunt.
4. Who was Ad Topperwine?
(a) A gun dealer.
(b) A sharpshooter.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A hunter.
5. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Government overreach.
(b) Persecution of Jews.
(c) Persecution of Native Americans.
(d) Harassment of Southern blacks.
6. Where does Harold Gaines live?
(b) Turners Falls.
(c) St. Louis.
7. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) A subpoena.
(b) A new gun.
(c) A damaged baby.
(d) Deportation papers.
8. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(a) South Dakota.
9. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A train wreck.
(b) A car wreck.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A plane crash.
10. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(a) Animal husbandry.
(b) Political science.
11. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(a) Cornell University.
(b) Brown University.
(d) Harvard University.
12. Where is Irwin Mann transported in Chapter Two?
(a) Warsaw Ghetto.
(b) A training facility in Florida.
(c) New York.
(d) A refugee camp outside Berlin.
13. What talent saved Max Collins?
(c) Sharp shooting.
14. What dream is Ray Johnson cherishing when he starts to work?
(a) A guided hunting trip in Russia.
(b) Hunting with falcons.
(c) Hunting in the Rockies.
(d) An African safari.
15. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(b) People creating their own justice with guns.
(c) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(d) The need for education regarding gun use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Bowman explain about President Kennedy's assassination?
2. What branch of the military was Max Collins in?
3. Who is Zofia?
4. Where did Ray Johnson get his degree?
5. What was the Supreme Court's ruling on the initial judge's ruling?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)