|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
(a) Parts for his airplane.
(b) A week in a hunting cabin.
(c) A plane ticket to Africa.
(d) A gun.
2. What branch of the military was Max Collins in?
(d) Air Force.
3. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
(a) His wounds.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A shooting accident.
4. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(a) Political science.
(c) Animal husbandry.
5. Where does Buell Jenkins work?
(a) At Irwin Mann's house.
(b) At Winchester's factory.
(c) At Army headquarters.
(d) At Bowman's training facility.
6. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(b) People creating their own justice with guns.
(c) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(d) The need for education regarding gun use.
7. What does Henry Bowman do with his father in 1959?
8. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
(a) Smith & Wesson.
(b) Simon Winchester.
(c) John Browning.
(d) Samuel Colt.
9. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(d) South Dakota.
10. What does Henry Bowman learn a lot about?
(a) Historical figures.
(b) Types of guns.
(c) Breeds of horses.
(d) Inventors of guns.
11. In what state does a citizen need to have two letters of recommendation in order to buy a gun?
(a) New Hampshire.
12. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
(a) An artillery specialist.
(b) A flight trainer.
(c) A rancher.
(d) A shoe salesman.
13. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
(a) He gets involved with a murder.
(b) Pedro Gutierrez's child dies.
(c) Henry Bowman's father dies.
(d) His parents are killed.
14. When does the period Ross covers in 'Unintended Consequences' begin?
15. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(a) Harvard University.
(c) Cornell University.
(d) Brown University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the wreck which Max Collins survived take place?
2. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
3. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
4. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
5. Who gives Henry Bowman his first guns?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)