|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
(a) Second Amendment.
(b) The Fourth Amendment.
(c) The Fourteenth Amendment.
(d) The First Amendment.
2. Who did Ad Topperwine work for?
(a) The FBI.
(b) Dorchester, MA police.
(c) Winchester, CT police.
(d) Winchester guns.
3. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Twelfth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
4. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) He served in the war.
(b) His wife worked at a chemical company.
(c) His wife was in an industrial accident.
(d) His wife had been taking prescription drugs during pregnancy.
5. Who do the federal agents find?
(a) A family.
(b) One judge.
(c) Two brothers.
(d) A woman.
6. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
(a) To Texas.
(b) To San Francisco.
(c) To New York.
(d) To St. Louis.
7. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
(a) Illegal firearms.
(b) Illegal stills.
(c) Illegal immigrants.
(d) Ku Klux Klansmen.
8. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(b) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(c) People creating their own justice with guns.
(d) The need for education regarding gun use.
9. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(c) Rising action.
(d) Falling Action.
10. What is Ray Johnson's passion?
(d) Horseback riding.
11. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
(b) A training schedule.
(c) A theatre group.
(d) A flight squadron.
12. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
(a) A specialized semi-automatic rifle.
(b) A high-precision gun sight.
(c) An airplane engine.
(d) A specialized biplane.
13. Whom does Henry Bowman NOT start writing to?
(a) Renowned marksmen.
(b) Gun manufacturers.
(c) His representative.
(d) People railing against gun restrictions.
14. What branch of the military was Max Collins in?
(c) Air Force.
15. Where did Ray Johnson begin to work?
(a) A Chicago firm.
(b) A Washington D.C. firm.
(c) A San Francisco firm.
(d) A New York firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cameron Wilcox returns from war with ______________.
2. When does Irwin Mann have to flee?
3. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
4. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
5. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)