|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irwin Mann organize in the place he's transported to?
(b) A theatre group.
(c) A training schedule.
(d) A flight squadron.
2. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
3. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
(a) A flight trainer.
(b) An artillery specialist.
(c) A shoe salesman.
(d) A rancher.
4. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Persecution of Jews.
(b) Government overreach.
(c) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(d) Persecution of Native Americans.
5. What opposition do the court cases set up?
(a) Between private citizens and government agents.
(b) Between law enforcement and gun owners.
(c) Between gun owners and gun manufacturers.
(d) Between the federal government and gun culture.
6. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
(a) Smith & Wesson.
(b) Samuel Colt.
(c) John Browning.
(d) Simon Winchester.
7. Who is Catherine Bowman?
(a) Max Collins' sister.
(b) Irwin Mann's sister-in-law.
(c) Walter Bowman's mother.
(d) Irwin Mann's sister.
8. Where did Irwin Mann get the weapons he learns to use?
(a) The Army.
(c) He stole them.
(d) He owned them from childhood.
9. What does Henry Bowman do with his father in 1959?
10. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
(a) An automatic rifle.
(b) An automatic artillery piece.
(c) A semi-automatic pistol.
(d) A new semi-automatic rifle.
11. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(b) The need for education regarding gun use.
(c) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(d) People creating their own justice with guns.
12. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
(a) He teaches himself.
(b) He learns from a Nazi officer.
(c) He learns in the Army.
(d) He learned as a child.
13. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(b) Rising action.
(d) Falling Action.
14. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
(a) His parents are killed.
(b) Pedro Gutierrez's child dies.
(c) He gets involved with a murder.
(d) Henry Bowman's father dies.
15. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
(a) To San Francisco.
(b) To St. Louis.
(c) To Texas.
(d) To New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
2. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
3. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
4. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
5. What genre is 'Unintended Consequences'?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)