|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talent saved Max Collins?
(a) Sharp shooting.
2. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(a) A cotton plantation.
(b) A horse ranch.
(c) A tenement.
(d) A wheat farm.
3. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
(a) An artillery specialist.
(b) A flight trainer.
(c) A shoe salesman.
(d) A rancher.
4. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
(a) Remain true.
(b) Remain vigilant.
(c) Be proactive.
(d) Be strong.
5. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) His wife was in an industrial accident.
(b) He served in the war.
(c) His wife worked at a chemical company.
(d) His wife had been taking prescription drugs during pregnancy.
6. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Persecution of Jews.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Government overreach.
(d) Harassment of Southern blacks.
7. When does Irwin Mann have to flee?
(a) When the resistance fails.
(b) When his unit is ambushed.
(c) When federal agents come to his home.
(d) When Nazis come to his home.
8. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) A new gun.
(b) A subpoena.
(c) A damaged baby.
(d) Deportation papers.
9. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Twelfth grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
10. What was the Supreme Court's ruling on the initial judge's ruling?
(a) They expanded it.
(b) They overturned it.
(c) They supported it.
(d) They limited it.
11. Where does Ray Johnson live?
(b) South Dakota.
12. Who is Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) Mechanic at Walter Bowman's hangar.
(b) Janitor in Ray Johnson's apartment building.
(c) Mailman at Ray Johnson's law firm.
(d) Doctor at Ray Johnson's office.
13. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
(b) People creating their own justice with guns.
(c) The need for education regarding gun use.
(d) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
14. Ray Johnson's degree was in ___________.
(a) Animal husbandry.
(d) Political science.
15. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, where does Walter Bowman take what he made?
2. What is the outcome of the case Ray Johnson takes for Pedro Gutierrez?
3. What big blow does Henry Bowman suffer as a teenager?
4. Where did Irwin Mann get the weapons he learns to use?
5. Who gives Henry Bowman his first guns?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)