|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Henry Bowman in 1959?
2. What charges can the federal agents NOT arrest this person or these people on?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Illegal immigration.
(c) Illegal alcohol production.
(d) Driving under the influence.
3. Henry Bowman's father tells Henry that he might have to protect ___________.
(a) His Second Amendment rights.
(b) His family.
(c) His property.
(d) His country.
4. Who is Zofia?
(a) A German Jew.
(b) A Polish Jew.
(c) An American Jew.
(d) A Russian Jew.
5. What does Ray Johnson do for Pedro Gutierrez?
(a) Charge him full rate to take the case.
(b) Take his case pro bono.
(c) Take his case on commission.
(d) Charge him a reduced fee and take his case.
6. What happens during Ray Johnson's trip?
(a) His parents are killed.
(b) Henry Bowman's father dies.
(c) Pedro Gutierrez's child dies.
(d) He gets involved with a murder.
7. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
(a) He hopped a train.
(b) He stayed with a family.
(c) He hid in the bushes.
(d) He shot the commander looking for him.
8. Where was Cameron Wilcox involved in a veterans' march?
(a) Pensacola, FL.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) San Francisco, CA.
(d) New York.
9. What talent saved Max Collins?
(a) Sharp shooting.
10. How does Irwin Mann escape?
(a) On a truck.
(b) Through the sewers.
(c) In a herd of sheep.
(d) Into the woods.
11. What does Henry Bowman's father tell him he needs to do as he grows up?
(a) Be proactive.
(b) Remain vigilant.
(c) Be strong.
(d) Remain true.
12. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
(a) Simon Winchester.
(b) Samuel Colt.
(c) Smith & Wesson.
(d) John Browning.
13. Cameron Wilcox returns from war with ______________.
(a) Foreign money.
(b) A bag of guns.
(c) Trophies from battle, including human body parts.
(d) Uniforms of people he had killed.
14. Who is Max Collins?
(a) Zofia's murderer.
(b) Zofia's brother-in-law.
(c) Zofia's professor.
(d) Zofia's husband.
15. Where does Buell Jenkins work?
(a) At Army headquarters.
(b) At Irwin Mann's house.
(c) At Winchester's factory.
(d) At Bowman's training facility.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
2. What theme runs through the first chapter?
3. Who is Irwin Mann?
4. What does Ray Johnson learn about Pedro Gutierrez?
5. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)