Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ad Topperwine?
2. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
3. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
4. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
5. What happens to Zofia's family?
6. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
7. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
8. How does John Ross treat the United States government's violence against veterans and the Nazi government's persecution of Jews differently?
9. How does the repeal of Prohibition affect the implementation of gun laws in the United States, according to the book?
10. Why was the Firearms Act struck down?
11. Who is Walter Bowman?
12. What happens to Irwin Mann in Poland?
13. Who is Max Collins?
14. Who is Ray Johnson?
15. Who is Harold Gaines?
16. What is Walter Bowman's relationship with Max Collins?
17. What is Henry Bowman fascinated with when we meet him in 1959?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)