Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part I: Seeds, December 11, 1906 - May 15, 1939
1. Who is Ad Topperwine?
2. What do Ad Topperwine and John Browning have in common?
3. Who is Cameron Wilcox?
4. How does John Ross turn our focus to guns in World War II?
5. What happens to Zofia's family?
6. What happens to Zofia in the first chapter "Seeds"?
7. What is the allegory of Nazi Germany for American readers?
8. How does John Ross...
This section contains 662 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)