|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, June 20, 1959-April 6, 1968.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military was Max Collins in?
(d) Air Force.
2. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
(a) Racial violence.
(b) Political upheaval.
(c) Peacetime routines.
(d) Economic depression.
3. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Persecution of Jews.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Government overreach.
(d) Harassment of Southern blacks.
4. Who is Catherine Bowman?
(a) Max Collins' sister.
(b) Irwin Mann's sister-in-law.
(c) Irwin Mann's sister.
(d) Walter Bowman's mother.
5. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
(a) A specialized semi-automatic rifle.
(b) A specialized biplane.
(c) An airplane engine.
(d) A high-precision gun sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
2. What does Ray Johnson do for Pedro Gutierrez?
3. What talent saved Max Collins?
4. What does Ray Johnson do after the Pedro Gutierrez case?
5. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)