|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, May 12, 1942-June 18, 1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law did the judge believe the law he struck down violated?
(a) The First Amendment.
(b) Second Amendment.
(c) The Fourth Amendment.
(d) The Fourteenth Amendment.
2. Where was Cameron Wilcox involved in a veterans' march?
(a) San Francisco, CA.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) Pensacola, FL.
3. What element in the story is taking place in the second chapter?
(a) Rising action.
(d) Falling Action.
4. How did Max Collins escape after the wreck?
(a) He shot the commander looking for him.
(b) He stayed with a family.
(c) He hopped a train.
(d) He hid in the bushes.
5. How old is Ray Johnson in Chapter Two?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Twelfth grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
2. What theme runs through the first chapter?
3. Who is Catherine Bowman?
4. What are federal agents looking for in the first chapter?
5. Who is Lieutenant Cameron Wilcox?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)