|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, May 12, 1942-June 18, 1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
(a) An automatic rifle.
(b) An automatic artillery piece.
(c) A new semi-automatic rifle.
(d) A semi-automatic pistol.
2. What theme runs through the first chapter?
(a) The need for education regarding gun use.
(b) Individuals needing to protect themselves from the government.
(c) People creating their own justice with guns.
(d) Government needing to regulate the production of guns.
3. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Government overreach.
(d) Persecution of Jews.
4. What branch of the military was Max Collins in?
(a) Air Force.
5. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
(a) He learns from a Nazi officer.
(b) He learned as a child.
(c) He teaches himself.
(d) He learns in the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
2. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
3. What charges can the federal agents NOT arrest this person or these people on?
4. What is Ross emphasizing by placing his focus on this narrative?
5. Who designed the weapon Ad Topperwine is testing?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)