|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, May 12, 1942-June 18, 1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Persecution of Native Americans.
(b) Persecution of Jews.
(c) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(d) Government overreach.
2. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
(a) Racial violence.
(b) Economic depression.
(c) Peacetime routines.
(d) Political upheaval.
3. What is Ad Topperwine testing in the first chapter?
(a) A new semi-automatic rifle.
(b) An automatic artillery piece.
(c) An automatic rifle.
(d) A semi-automatic pistol.
4. Who is Max Collins?
(a) Zofia's brother-in-law.
(b) Zofia's professor.
(c) Zofia's murderer.
(d) Zofia's husband.
5. Who is Zofia?
(a) A Russian Jew.
(b) A Polish Jew.
(c) An American Jew.
(d) A German Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
2. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
3. Cameron Wilcox dies of _____________.
4. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
5. Who was Ad Topperwine?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)