|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, May 12, 1942-June 18, 1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harold Gaines live?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) Turners Falls.
2. What did Walter Bowman make during the war?
(a) An airplane engine.
(b) A high-precision gun sight.
(c) A specialized semi-automatic rifle.
(d) A specialized biplane.
3. What law does a federal judge strike down in freeing the person or people arrested in the first chapter?
(a) The Homestead Act.
(b) The Firearms Act.
(d) The Immigration Act.
4. What does Ray Johnson buy when he gets money as a gift?
(a) A week in a hunting cabin.
(b) Parts for his airplane.
(c) A gun.
(d) A plane ticket to Africa.
5. Max Collins is the sole survivor of _____________.
(a) A train wreck.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A plane crash.
(d) A car wreck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
2. Who is Catherine Bowman?
3. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
4. How does Irwin Mann escape?
5. What law was repealed during the first chapter "Seeds"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)