|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Growth, May 12, 1942-June 18, 1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes into focus as the narrative moves closer to World War II?
(a) Harassment of Southern blacks.
(b) Persecution of Native Americans.
(c) Persecution of Jews.
(d) Government overreach.
2. What does the Gutierrez family receive at the end of Chapter Two?
(a) A new gun.
(b) A subpoena.
(c) Deportation papers.
(d) A damaged baby.
3. Where is Ray Johnson graduating from in 1959?
(a) Cornell University.
(c) Brown University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What is Zofia's family's relationship with the Nazis?
(a) They are killed by them.
(b) They are hidden from them.
(c) They are threatened by them.
(d) They are embraced by them.
5. What do families have to adjust to after the war in the second chapter?
(a) Economic depression.
(b) Racial violence.
(c) Peacetime routines.
(d) Political upheaval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ad Topperwine and the designer support?
2. Where does Ray Johnson live?
3. Who is Zofia?
4. How does Irwin Mann learn to use weapons?
5. Who is Lieutenant Walter Bowman?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)