|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Latrell Michaelson remember everyday at school?
2. When did Chloe first begin scoring well on practice SAT tests?
3. In "Unsurprised," how long before Katie's baby is born?
4. Why doesn't Donovan tell his parents that his transfer to the gifted school is a mistake?
5. How many years has the robotics team at the Academy come in second to Cold Spring Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during the class field trip to to Katie's obstetric appointment?
2. Why does Donovan think he is transferred to the gifted school?
3. Why did Donovan's sister move back home to live with him and his parents?
4. Why does Donovan think think that Beatrice might really be sick?
5. What does Chloe think about the suitability of the clothes in her closet for an outfit for the dance?
6. How does Donovan get Noah to laugh?
7. Why is Donovan the only kid in detention on the day of the basketball game against Salem Junior High?
8. Why does Mr. Osborne wonder why Donovan is at the Academy?
9. In Chapter 5, what happens when a paper airplane strikes the bus driver on the head?
10. What does Donovan decide is his only prayer of hacking it at the Academy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Donovan feels under pressure as he continues to hide from Schultz and tries to fit in at the Academy. How does Donovan manage the pressures that he feels and the increasing loyalty that he has for the Academy?
Essay Topic 2
Donovan gets his sister Katie to help with the Human Growth and Development class. What are Donovan's motives for asking Katie to help with the class? Does he have anything to gain from having her help?
Essay Topic 3
Donovan researches his family history. What answers is Donovan searching for when he researches his family history, and what does he hope to gain from his research?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)