|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who has been coming over from Salem to work with the seventh grade, but can't anymore because of her schedule?
2. How old is Donovan's sister, Katie?
3. What does Chloe decide to wear to the Valentine dance?
4. What has Donovan heard that one kid kept in his locker at the Academy plugged into the built-in power strip?
5. Where is the globe from the statue in "Unsuccessful"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chloe believe that being gifted has a cost?
2. In Chapter 5, what happens when a paper airplane strikes the bus driver on the head?
3. What happens when Donovan is caught cheating in Math class?
4. Why does Donovan want a refund from Ancestry.com?
5. How does the class and Mr. Oz react when Donovan breaks one of the forks of the robot's lifting assembly?
6. Why does Donovan think he is transferred to the gifted school?
7. Why does Mr. Osborne wonder why Donovan is at the Academy?
8. How is the gym decorated for the Valentine dance?
9. Why doesn't Abigail think that Donovan belongs at the Academy?
10. Why is Donovan the only kid in detention on the day of the basketball game against Salem Junior High?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Donovan's friendships change the longer he is at the Academy. In what ways do Donovan's friendships change? Why does he feel begin to feel uncomfortable with the Daniels?
Essay Topic 2
Katie is more relaxed and happy since she has been helping with the Human Growth and Development class. Why has Katie been unhappy and feeling alone? How does the class help alleviate these feelings and relieve her stress? What support system does the class provide?
Essay Topic 3
Donovan feels under pressure as he continues to hide from Schultz and tries to fit in at the Academy. How does Donovan manage the pressures that he feels and the increasing loyalty that he has for the Academy?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)