|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
(a) His personal accountability.
(b) His exaggerated stories.
(c) His fellow officers.
(d) His own well being.
2. What were Kerry's goals back in Vietnam, according to Commander Grant Hibbard?
(a) To be Vice President.
(b) To be a senator.
(c) To be a governor.
(d) To be President.
3. Why did Kerry most likely agree to debate O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Cavett had never met Kerry or O'Neill.
(b) Cavett was willing to ask him easy questions.
(c) Cavett was a friend of Kerry's.
(d) Cavett agreed to limit O'Neill's talk time.
4. How does William Franke, who served with Kerry, describe his attitude about serving?
(a) Kerry was vocal in his support of the war.
(b) Kerry was quiet, but clearly bothered by his service.
(c) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for his commanders.
(d) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for duty and the military.
5. How did Kerry injure himself during his time with the skimmer?
(a) From firing a rocket launcher too close, resulting in a large fragment in his shoulder.
(b) From firing a rocket launcher too close, resulting in a tiny fragment in his shoulder.
(c) From firing a rocket launcher too far away, resulting in a tiny fragment in his shoulder.
(d) From firing a rocket launcher too far away, resulting in a large fragment in his shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
2. According to several Swift Boat officers, how did Kerry respond when the Swiftees were ordered into combat?
3. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
4. Who has Kerry relied on to support his claims of "war crimes" committed by American troops in Vietnam?
5. After his deferment request was denied, how did Kerry enlist in the Navy Reserve?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)