|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
(a) To debate Kerry.
(b) To substantiate Kerry.
(c) To revoke Kerry's testimony.
(d) To enter his observations into the records.
2. What is a "skimmer"?
(a) A smaller boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(b) A larger boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(c) A slower boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(d) A faster boat than the normal Swift Boats.
3. What kept Kerry's unacceptable behavior from his superiors?
(a) His refusal to file reports.
(b) His own fraudulent reports.
(c) His bribery of fellow officers.
(d) His fellow officers.
4. What does O'Neill call Kerry during his time in Vietnam?
(a) Just another soldier.
(b) Just another number.
(c) Just another politician.
(d) Just another war criminal.
5. As a result of his poor performance, how did the audience react to Kerry at the end of the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They threw things at him.
(b) They still cheered him.
(c) They booed him.
(d) They became silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kerry claim his nickname was in Vietnam?
2. According to several Swift Boat officers, how did Kerry respond when the Swiftees were ordered into combat?
3. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
4. What person did Kerry compare himself to during his tour?
5. How was Kerry perceived among the other Swiftees during his time in Vietnam?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)