|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Swiftees say that Kerry's actual nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Boston Strangler.
(b) Boston Coward.
(c) Boston Pretender.
(d) Boston Whiner.
2. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
(a) With a bandage.
(b) With stitches.
(c) With a band-aid.
(d) It did not need to be treated.
3. Who has Kerry relied on to support his claims of "war crimes" committed by American troops in Vietnam?
(a) Imposters posing as friends.
(b) Imposters posing as veterans.
(c) Imposters posing as his fellow officers.
(d) Imposters posing as commanders.
4. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
(a) His fellow officers.
(b) His own well being.
(c) His personal accountability.
(d) His exaggerated stories.
5. What was the normal length of one tour of duty in Vietnam?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
2. How does Kerry's gunner, Stephen Gardner, describe the sampan incident?
3. Who did Kerry compare the U.S. Army to in his testimony?
4. For how long were both O'Neill and Kerry both relatively quiet?
5. What did Kerry fail to do during his debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
2. What is the significance of O'Neill's suggestion that the readers of the book view the video of the debate between him and Kerry?
3. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
4. How was Kerry awarded the Silver Star?
5. What does Captain Plumly report about Kerry's service, and how does that correspond to the reports of his trips to Saigon?
6. What is an example of the report that Kerry lacked the nerves for combat and often would overreact to situations?
7. What were Kerry's reasons for choosing the Swift Boats to serve on?
8. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
9. What were the events surrounding the first Purple Heart medal that Kerry received, and why do the authors question its validity?
10. How was Kerry awarded the third Purple Heart, and why was it significant?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)