|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kerry's gunner, Stephen Gardner, describe the sampan incident?
(a) Senseless butchery.
(b) Senseless murder.
(c) Simply butchery.
(d) Simply murder.
2. What does Kerry claim about his request to enter the military that is not supported by any military records?
(a) That he volunteered for 3 tours of duty.
(b) That he volunteered for 4 tours of duty.
(c) That he volunteered for 2 tours of duty.
(d) That he volunteered for an unlimited amount of tours.
3. What is the first sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
(a) The Ridiculous Warrior.
(b) The Repulsive Warrior.
(c) The Righteous Warrior.
(d) The Reluctant Warrior.
4. What was the purpose of Kerry's unauthorized trips to Saigon?
(a) To observe culture.
(b) To look for enemy partiers.
(d) Entertainment and amusement.
5. What were Kerry's goals back in Vietnam, according to Commander Grant Hibbard?
(a) To be President.
(b) To be Vice President.
(c) To be a governor.
(d) To be a senator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
2. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
3. What was the result of Kerry's congressional run after the Dick Cavett Show?
4. How did the Committee reply to O'Neill's request?
5. How did Kerry distort shooting himself in the buttocks in order to receive his third purple heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an example of the report that Kerry lacked the nerves for combat and often would overreact to situations?
2. How did one of Kerry's suggestions affect the Swiftees when they were ordered to employ Psychological Operations against the enemy?
3. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
4. What does Captain Plumly report about Kerry's service, and how does that correspond to the reports of his trips to Saigon?
5. What was the length of a normal tour of duty, how did Kerry's time in the war compare to it, and how did the other officers regard his actions?
6. How did the assignment of the Swift Boats change, what was Kerry's response, and why did the other officers consider him to be a problem?
7. What happened in the infamous sampan incident, where a mother and her child were found, and how did Kerry respond?
8. What were Kerry's reasons for choosing the Swift Boats to serve on?
9. How did O'Neill finally have the chance to debate Kerry in 1971?
10. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)