|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following words are not used to describe Kerry by the authors during his time in Vietnam?
2. How did Kerry use his Vietnam experience in his political campaigns?
(a) He refused to talk about his service during his campaigns.
(b) To demean and embarrass opponents from both political parties.
(c) He used it to deal with several losses.
(d) To support his claim for a larger military.
3. What does Kerry claim his nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Flat Jaw.
(b) Lock Jaw.
(c) Glass Jaw.
(d) Square Jaw.
4. What is the second sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
(a) The Purple Heart Exaggerator.
(b) The Purple Heart Thief.
(c) The Purple Heart Braggart.
(d) The Purple Heart Hunter.
5. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
(a) He was for it, unlike Kerry.
(b) He did not make any public stance on the war.
(c) He was against it, just like Kerry.
(d) He didn't like it, but he understood the need for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
2. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
3. What was the result of Kerry's congressional run after the Dick Cavett Show?
4. As a result of his poor performance, how did the audience react to Kerry at the end of the Dick Cavett Show?
5. What do the Swiftees say that Kerry's actual nickname was in Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the content of Kerry's testimony before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, and why did it anger O'Neill so much?
2. What was the length of a normal tour of duty, how did Kerry's time in the war compare to it, and how did the other officers regard his actions?
3. How was Kerry awarded the third Purple Heart, and why was it significant?
4. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
5. Why is it important to understand when the problems between O'Neill and Kerry began?
6. How did the debate between O'Neill and Kerry begin, and what was the outcome?
7. What was the conversation between Kerry and the Captain of an LST en route to An Thoi, and why do the authors dispute it?
8. What were Kerry's reasons for choosing the Swift Boats to serve on?
9. How did the assignment of the Swift Boats change, what was Kerry's response, and why did the other officers consider him to be a problem?
10. What happened in the infamous sampan incident, where a mother and her child were found, and how did Kerry respond?
This section contains 1,209 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)