|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Kerry relied on to support his claims of "war crimes" committed by American troops in Vietnam?
(a) Imposters posing as commanders.
(b) Imposters posing as his fellow officers.
(c) Imposters posing as friends.
(d) Imposters posing as veterans.
2. How did the Committee reply to O'Neill's request?
(a) They refused to revoke Kerry's testimony.
(b) They would not let him speak.
(c) They would not even read his request.
(d) They would let him speak, but only for 5 minutes.
3. What does O'Neill encourage the readers to do in order to substantiate his account of the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Write to Kerry.
(b) Watch the video of the debate.
(c) Talk to people who have seen it.
(d) Read the transcript of the debate.
4. Who was in a sampan that Kerry ordered to be fired upon, according to his biography in the Boston Globe?
(a) Three women and no men.
(b) Two women and two men.
(c) A mother and small child.
(d) A mother and her grown child.
5. What television show did Kerry refuse to debate O'Neill on?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(c) Meet the Press.
(d) The Today Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
2. Out of the few months Kerry spent in Vietnam, how many of them were for training purposes?
3. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
4. Why does O'Neill think Kerry agreed to serve in Vietnam?
5. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in the infamous sampan incident, where a mother and her child were found, and how did Kerry respond?
2. What was the content of Kerry's testimony before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, and why did it anger O'Neill so much?
3. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
4. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
5. How did one of Kerry's suggestions affect the Swiftees when they were ordered to employ Psychological Operations against the enemy?
6. What was the length of a normal tour of duty, how did Kerry's time in the war compare to it, and how did the other officers regard his actions?
7. How did the assignment of the Swift Boats change, what was Kerry's response, and why did the other officers consider him to be a problem?
8. What is the significance of O'Neill's suggestion that the readers of the book view the video of the debate between him and Kerry?
9. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
10. What is an example of the report that Kerry lacked the nerves for combat and often would overreact to situations?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)