|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
(a) He was recommended by a witness that remained anonymous.
(b) His injury was not substantiated by any doctors.
(c) He recommended himself for it before getting treated for the injury.
(d) He recommended himself and his injury was self-inflicted.
2. Why does O'Neill think that Americans are uninformed?
(a) They don't watch the news very much.
(b) The media is not aware of Kerry's deceptive practices.
(c) They are incapable of understanding the news.
(d) The media is biased and sympathetic to Kerry's liberal agenda.
3. What television show did Kerry refuse to debate O'Neill on?
(b) 60 Minutes.
(c) Meet the Press.
(d) The Today Show.
4. What were Kerry's goals back in Vietnam, according to Commander Grant Hibbard?
(a) To be Vice President.
(b) To be a senator.
(c) To be President.
(d) To be a governor.
5. How does William Franke, who served with Kerry, describe his attitude about serving?
(a) Kerry was quiet, but clearly bothered by his service.
(b) Kerry was vocal in his support of the war.
(c) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for duty and the military.
(d) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for his commanders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kerry fail to do during his debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
2. What does O'Neill call Kerry during his time in Vietnam?
3. What was the normal length of one tour of duty in Vietnam?
4. How often did the charges Kerry reported supposedly occur?
5. How much action did Kerry see during his first tour of duty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
2. How was Kerry awarded the Silver Star?
3. What were the circumstances around the award of Kerry's second Purple Heart, and how does it parallel the first?
4. What happened in the infamous sampan incident, where a mother and her child were found, and how did Kerry respond?
5. What is the significance of O'Neill's suggestion that the readers of the book view the video of the debate between him and Kerry?
6. What was the conversation between Kerry and the Captain of an LST en route to An Thoi, and why do the authors dispute it?
7. What were the events surrounding the first Purple Heart medal that Kerry received, and why do the authors question its validity?
8. What does Captain Plumly report about Kerry's service, and how does that correspond to the reports of his trips to Saigon?
9. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
10. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
This section contains 1,340 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)