|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kerry shoot the wounded teenage Vietcong during the 1969 incident that he dubiously received a silver star for?
(a) In the back as he was running away.
(b) In the back while he was on the ground.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the other leg.
2. What was Cavett's reputation as a commentator?
(a) Unfair and biased.
(b) Fair and objective.
3. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
(a) His fellow officers.
(b) His exaggerated stories.
(c) His personal accountability.
(d) His own well being.
4. For how long were both O'Neill and Kerry both relatively quiet?
(a) They were never quiet.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 45 years.
(d) 40 years.
5. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
(a) A conversation with O'Neill.
(b) A conversation with a commander.
(c) A conversation with an enemy combatant.
(d) A conversation with another officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
2. Why was Kerry eventually given offshore assignments by commanders at Cat Lo?
3. Out of the few months Kerry spent in Vietnam, how many of them were for training purposes?
4. What was the primary role of skimmers?
5. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
2. How did O'Neill finally have the chance to debate Kerry in 1971?
3. What were the events surrounding the first Purple Heart medal that Kerry received, and why do the authors question its validity?
4. What was the content of Kerry's testimony before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, and why did it anger O'Neill so much?
5. What were the circumstances around the award of Kerry's second Purple Heart, and how does it parallel the first?
6. What was the conversation between Kerry and the Captain of an LST en route to An Thoi, and why do the authors dispute it?
7. How did the assignment of the Swift Boats change, what was Kerry's response, and why did the other officers consider him to be a problem?
8. How did one of Kerry's suggestions affect the Swiftees when they were ordered to employ Psychological Operations against the enemy?
9. What does Captain Plumly report about Kerry's service, and how does that correspond to the reports of his trips to Saigon?
10. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)