|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does O'Neill think that Americans are uninformed?
(a) The media is not aware of Kerry's deceptive practices.
(b) They don't watch the news very much.
(c) They are incapable of understanding the news.
(d) The media is biased and sympathetic to Kerry's liberal agenda.
2. How did the Committee reply to O'Neill's request?
(a) They would let him speak, but only for 5 minutes.
(b) They would not even read his request.
(c) They would not let him speak.
(d) They refused to revoke Kerry's testimony.
3. Out of the few months Kerry spent in Vietnam, how many of them were for training purposes?
4. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
(a) A conversation with another officer.
(b) A conversation with O'Neill.
(c) A conversation with an enemy combatant.
(d) A conversation with a commander.
5. What was the primary role of skimmers?
(a) To engage in key battles.
(b) To watch the waters for the enemy.
(c) To take the soldiers away from the battles.
(d) To watch for civilian curfew violators and issue tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his own accounts, how did Kerry respond to orders instructing him to leave a French resort and report to a more dangerous river patrol?
2. What was the normal length of one tour of duty in Vietnam?
3. What were Kerry's goals back in Vietnam, according to Commander Grant Hibbard?
4. For how long were both O'Neill and Kerry both relatively quiet?
5. What kept Kerry's unacceptable behavior from his superiors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kerry initially try to avoid serving in the war?
2. What was the conversation between Kerry and the Captain of an LST en route to An Thoi, and why do the authors dispute it?
3. How was Kerry awarded the Silver Star?
4. What is an example of the report that Kerry lacked the nerves for combat and often would overreact to situations?
5. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
6. How was Kerry awarded the third Purple Heart, and why was it significant?
7. How did the debate between O'Neill and Kerry begin, and what was the outcome?
8. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
9. What were the circumstances around the award of Kerry's second Purple Heart, and how does it parallel the first?
10. What were Kerry's reasons for choosing the Swift Boats to serve on?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)