|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the charges Kerry leveled against the army during his testimony?
(a) Unwarranted attempts to win the war and a belief in freedom.
(b) Reckless violence and lack of sympathy for the enemy.
(c) Corruption and betrayal.
(d) Rape and baby killing.
2. After the villagers fled the Song Bo Do river village in 1969, what did Kerry order his crew to destroy while he lit fires with a Zippo?
(a) The children's toys.
(b) The abandoned boats.
(c) Pigs and chickens.
(d) The dogs and other pets.
3. How was Kerry perceived among the other Swiftees during his time in Vietnam?
(a) A perpetual whiner.
(b) A willing soldier.
(c) A perpetual loser.
(d) A greedy politician.
4. How did Kerry shoot the wounded teenage Vietcong during the 1969 incident that he dubiously received a silver star for?
(a) In the back as he was running away.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the back while he was on the ground.
(d) In the other leg.
5. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
(a) To debate Kerry.
(b) To enter his observations into the records.
(c) To substantiate Kerry.
(d) To revoke Kerry's testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the purpose of Kerry's unauthorized trips to Saigon?
2. How did the Committee reply to O'Neill's request?
3. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
4. How did the audience appear when Kerry first appeared on camera during the Dick Cavett Show?
5. In what year did Kerry testify in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)