|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kerry fail to do during his debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Support his claims of atrocities.
(b) Mention his Vietnam experience.
(c) Compliment Cavett on his suit.
(d) Speak clearly.
2. According to several Swift Boat officers, how did Kerry respond when the Swiftees were ordered into combat?
(a) He refused to go.
(b) He didn't mind.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He strenuously objected.
3. What was the purpose of Kerry's unauthorized trips to Saigon?
(a) To observe culture.
(c) Entertainment and amusement.
(d) To look for enemy partiers.
4. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
(a) To debate Kerry.
(b) To substantiate Kerry.
(c) To enter his observations into the records.
(d) To revoke Kerry's testimony.
5. How did the audience appear when Kerry first appeared on camera during the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They didn't know who he was.
(b) They were silent.
(c) They booed loudly.
(d) They were on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kerry shoot the wounded teenage Vietcong during the 1969 incident that he dubiously received a silver star for?
2. In what year did Kerry testify in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations?
3. How did Kerry distort shooting himself in the buttocks in order to receive his third purple heart?
4. How does Kerry's gunner, Stephen Gardner, describe the sampan incident?
5. What kept Kerry's unacceptable behavior from his superiors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did one of Kerry's suggestions affect the Swiftees when they were ordered to employ Psychological Operations against the enemy?
2. What did O'Neill first do to challenge Kerry on his testimony, and how did Kerry respond?
3. What were Kerry's reasons for choosing the Swift Boats to serve on?
4. What was the content of Kerry's testimony before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, and why did it anger O'Neill so much?
5. What question did Lt. Ted Peck ask of Kerry shortly after he returned home, and why is Kerry's response revealing?
6. What happened in the infamous sampan incident, where a mother and her child were found, and how did Kerry respond?
7. What were the circumstances around the award of Kerry's second Purple Heart, and how does it parallel the first?
8. How was Kerry awarded the Silver Star?
9. What was the conversation between Kerry and the Captain of an LST en route to An Thoi, and why do the authors dispute it?
10. What were the events surrounding the first Purple Heart medal that Kerry received, and why do the authors question its validity?
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)