|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Kerry included in the "War Heroes" exhibit?
(a) For his involvement in numerous battles.
(b) For his role in the American anti-war movement.
(c) For his injuries during the war.
(d) For his role in the capture of American POWs.
2. How did the Swift Boat Veterans feel as a result of Kerry's cameo appearance and motives?
3. Which city hosted the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(b) New York.
(d) San Diego.
4. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
(d) The Viet Cong.
5. Who was Bill Lupetti?
(a) An army recruiter.
(b) A battalion leader.
(c) An army general.
(d) A naval corpsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoffman make clear about his position?
2. How do the authors introduce their argument?
3. What does PCF stand for?
4. What does O'Neill call Kerry's claims of "atrocities"?
5. What does the open letter from the Swiftees label Kerry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Kerry at the Swift Boats Veterans Reunion in 2003 and why is it significant?
2. Who is Bill Lupetti and what did he observe on his return trip to Vietnam?
3. How many people did not sign the Swift Boat Veterans' open letter to Kerry, how important is it, and what are some of the possible reasons they did not participate?
4. What is the general purpose of an Introduction, and how do O'Neill and Corsi use it to establish their intentions in Unfit for Command?
5. What is the main question that O'Neill and Corsi hope to answer about John Kerry, and what does the question mean?
6. What is significant about the location of Lupetti's observation and who was responsible for it?
7. How much skepticism should be used when reading Unfit for Command, and how does the Introduction reduce or even eliminate it?
8. How many signatures are on the open letter to Kerry by the Swift Boat veterans, and why is that important for the book's main point?
9. What inspired O'Neill and the other Swiftees to contact Kerry with regards to his actions in Vietnam and after the war was over?
10. How did Kerry reportedly act during his cameo appearance before the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion, what do his actions display, and how did the Swiftees respond?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)