|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the people included in the "War Heroes" exhibit recognized for?
(a) Their contributions to socialism.
(b) Their contributions to communism.
(c) Their support of the Chinese dictators.
(d) Their contributions to the North Vietnamese victory.
2. According to O'Neill, where did Kerry meet with the enemies of America while American soldiers were still fighting and dying?
3. How many signatures were on the open letter to Kerry from the Swiftees?
(a) Over 250.
(b) Nearly 200.
(c) Over 200.
(d) Nearly 100.
4. How does Ponder recall the circumstances around his injuries?
(a) He remembers some parts better than others.
(c) Slightly better than expected.
5. Who designed the "War Heroes" exhibit Lupetti observed in the museum?
(a) Former military leaders.
(b) The Chinese dictators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question the authors hope to answer in their book, Unfit for Command?
2. What does O'Neill call Kerry's claims of "atrocities"?
3. Which one of the following does Hoffman feel is doubtful in Kerry?
4. Were the Swift Boat Veterans surprised by Kerry's actions at the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
5. Which one of the following does Hoffman question about Kerry in the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the open letter the Swift Boat Veterans issue to John Kerry?
2. What are Hoffman's thoughts about Kerry, and why do the authors choose to begin the book with his quote?
3. Why were the Swiftees not surprised by Kerry's actions before the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
4. How do the authors plan to answer the questions they pose at the end of the Introduction, and are their methods effective?
5. How many signatures are on the open letter to Kerry by the Swift Boat veterans, and why is that important for the book's main point?
6. What does the quote from John Edwards say and why is it so effective?
7. What was the difference between Joe Ponder's account of his injury and Kerry's account of the same incident, and how does O'Neill refer to Ponder's part in the reunion?
8. Who is Bill Lupetti and what did he observe on his return trip to Vietnam?
9. What is the main question that O'Neill and Corsi hope to answer about John Kerry, and what does the question mean?
10. How did Kerry reportedly act during his cameo appearance before the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion, what do his actions display, and how did the Swiftees respond?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)