|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Kerry's congressional run after the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) He failed.
(b) He won.
(c) He withdrew from the race.
(d) It was declared a draw.
2. Why did Kerry most likely agree to debate O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Cavett was willing to ask him easy questions.
(b) Cavett agreed to limit O'Neill's talk time.
(c) Cavett was a friend of Kerry's.
(d) Cavett had never met Kerry or O'Neill.
3. What do the Swiftees say that Kerry's actual nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Boston Pretender.
(b) Boston Coward.
(c) Boston Strangler.
(d) Boston Whiner.
4. Why does O'Neill think Kerry agreed to serve in Vietnam?
(a) Because he supported the war effort there.
(b) To build his military credentials for political reasons.
(c) Because he was forced to.
(d) To build his military credentials for personal reasons.
5. How did Kerry shoot the wounded teenage Vietcong during the 1969 incident that he dubiously received a silver star for?
(a) In the back as he was running away.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the back while he was on the ground.
(d) In the other leg.
6. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
(a) A conversation with a commander.
(b) A conversation with another officer.
(c) A conversation with O'Neill.
(d) A conversation with an enemy combatant.
7. What is the first sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
(a) The Repulsive Warrior.
(b) The Ridiculous Warrior.
(c) The Reluctant Warrior.
(d) The Righteous Warrior.
8. What does O'Neill call Kerry during his time in Vietnam?
(a) Just another politician.
(b) Just another war criminal.
(c) Just another number.
(d) Just another soldier.
9. What were Kerry's goals back in Vietnam, according to Commander Grant Hibbard?
(a) To be President.
(b) To be a governor.
(c) To be a senator.
(d) To be Vice President.
10. According to several Swift Boat officers, how did Kerry respond when the Swiftees were ordered into combat?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He didn't mind.
(c) He refused to go.
(d) He strenuously objected.
11. In what year did Kerry testify in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations?
12. What is a "skimmer"?
(a) A larger boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(b) A slower boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(c) A faster boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(d) A smaller boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
13. What did Kerry fail to do during his debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Compliment Cavett on his suit.
(b) Mention his Vietnam experience.
(c) Speak clearly.
(d) Support his claims of atrocities.
14. What does Kerry claim his nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Flat Jaw.
(b) Glass Jaw.
(c) Lock Jaw.
(d) Square Jaw.
15. As a result of his poor performance, how did the audience react to Kerry at the end of the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They threw things at him.
(b) They booed him.
(c) They still cheered him.
(d) They became silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cavett's reputation as a commentator?
2. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
3. What television show did Kerry refuse to debate O'Neill on?
4. What were the charges Kerry leveled against the army during his testimony?
5. After the villagers fled the Song Bo Do river village in 1969, what did Kerry order his crew to destroy while he lit fires with a Zippo?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)