|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of his poor performance, how did the audience react to Kerry at the end of the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They threw things at him.
(b) They became silent.
(c) They still cheered him.
(d) They booed him.
2. What does Kerry claim his nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Glass Jaw.
(b) Lock Jaw.
(c) Square Jaw.
(d) Flat Jaw.
3. Why did Kerry's commanders pass him from one boat to another during his tour in Vietnam?
(a) His peers requested not to work with him.
(b) He seemed to like being reassigned a lot.
(c) He kept reporting to the wrong boats.
(d) He was in high demand.
4. What was Kerry referencing during his tour of duty in Vietnam, with regards to Purple Hearts?
(a) An obscure book detailing the benefits of Purple Hearts in political careers.
(b) An obscure regulation that released soldiers with 3 Purple Hearts.
(c) A well known regulation that released soldiers with 3 Purple Hearts.
(d) A well known book detailing the benefits of Purple Hearts in political careers.
5. According to several Swift Boat officers, how did Kerry respond when the Swiftees were ordered into combat?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He strenuously objected.
(c) He didn't mind.
(d) He refused to go.
6. Who did Kerry compare the U.S. Army to in his testimony?
(a) Chairman Mao.
(b) Genghis Khan.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
7. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
(a) To enter his observations into the records.
(b) To revoke Kerry's testimony.
(c) To debate Kerry.
(d) To substantiate Kerry.
8. How did the audience appear when Kerry first appeared on camera during the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They were silent.
(b) They were on his side.
(c) They didn't know who he was.
(d) They booed loudly.
9. What television show did Kerry refuse to debate O'Neill on?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(c) The Today Show.
(d) Meet the Press.
10. Which of the following words are not used to describe Kerry by the authors during his time in Vietnam?
11. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
(a) A conversation with O'Neill.
(b) A conversation with a commander.
(c) A conversation with another officer.
(d) A conversation with an enemy combatant.
12. What was the normal length of one tour of duty in Vietnam?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two and a half years.
(d) Two years.
13. Why does O'Neill think Kerry agreed to serve in Vietnam?
(a) Because he was forced to.
(b) To build his military credentials for political reasons.
(c) To build his military credentials for personal reasons.
(d) Because he supported the war effort there.
14. What is a "skimmer"?
(a) A slower boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(b) A smaller boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(c) A larger boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(d) A faster boat than the normal Swift Boats.
15. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
(a) It did not need to be treated.
(b) With a bandage.
(c) With a band-aid.
(d) With stitches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Neill call Kerry during his time in Vietnam?
2. How did the Committee reply to O'Neill's request?
3. In what year did Kerry testify in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations?
4. What did Kerry have a high regard for, according to those who served with him?
5. What did the author of Kerry's Boston Globe biography write about Kerry's reason for joining the Swift Boats?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)