|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Kerry fail to do during his debate with O'Neill on the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Mention his Vietnam experience.
(b) Speak clearly.
(c) Compliment Cavett on his suit.
(d) Support his claims of atrocities.
2. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
(a) A conversation with O'Neill.
(b) A conversation with a commander.
(c) A conversation with another officer.
(d) A conversation with an enemy combatant.
3. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
(a) He recommended himself and his injury was self-inflicted.
(b) His injury was not substantiated by any doctors.
(c) He was recommended by a witness that remained anonymous.
(d) He recommended himself for it before getting treated for the injury.
4. What does Kerry admit to about his decision to be part of the Swift Boats during Vietnam, in The Vietnam Experience: A War Remembered?
(a) That he assumed he would be doing patrolling and did not want to get involved with the war.
(b) That he had no intention of doing any patrolling.
(c) That he misunderstood his assignment.
(d) That he was looking forward to seeing the frontlines up close.
5. Who did Kerry compare the U.S. Army to in his testimony?
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) Genghis Khan.
6. Who has Kerry relied on to support his claims of "war crimes" committed by American troops in Vietnam?
(a) Imposters posing as friends.
(b) Imposters posing as veterans.
(c) Imposters posing as commanders.
(d) Imposters posing as his fellow officers.
7. After the villagers fled the Song Bo Do river village in 1969, what did Kerry order his crew to destroy while he lit fires with a Zippo?
(a) The children's toys.
(b) Pigs and chickens.
(c) The abandoned boats.
(d) The dogs and other pets.
8. What does Kerry claim about his request to enter the military that is not supported by any military records?
(a) That he volunteered for 2 tours of duty.
(b) That he volunteered for an unlimited amount of tours.
(c) That he volunteered for 4 tours of duty.
(d) That he volunteered for 3 tours of duty.
9. How did the audience appear when Kerry first appeared on camera during the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) They didn't know who he was.
(b) They booed loudly.
(c) They were silent.
(d) They were on his side.
10. What is a "skimmer"?
(a) A slower boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(b) A faster boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(c) A larger boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(d) A smaller boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
11. How was Kerry perceived among the other Swiftees during his time in Vietnam?
(a) A willing soldier.
(b) A perpetual whiner.
(c) A perpetual loser.
(d) A greedy politician.
12. In what year did Kerry testify in front of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations?
13. Out of the few months Kerry spent in Vietnam, how many of them were for training purposes?
14. What is the second sub-section of Part 1 of the book titled?
(a) The Purple Heart Hunter.
(b) The Purple Heart Braggart.
(c) The Purple Heart Exaggerator.
(d) The Purple Heart Thief.
15. How does William Franke, who served with Kerry, describe his attitude about serving?
(a) Kerry was quiet, but clearly bothered by his service.
(b) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for duty and the military.
(c) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for his commanders.
(d) Kerry was vocal in his support of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the normal length of one tour of duty in Vietnam?
2. How did Kerry use his Vietnam experience in his political campaigns?
3. Why did Kerry's commanders pass him from one boat to another during his tour in Vietnam?
4. As a result of his poor performance, how did the audience react to Kerry at the end of the Dick Cavett Show?
5. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)