|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does O'Neill refer to Ponder's participation in the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) It was the first moment.
(b) It was the last moment.
(c) It was the most memorable moment.
(d) It was the most surprising moment.
2. What does Hoffman make clear about his position?
(a) It is not a political issue.
(b) He is a good friend of Kerry's.
(c) He has never met Kerry.
(d) It is a political issue.
3. What was the title of Kerry's book?
(a) Life at War.
(b) The Necessity of War.
(c) Reporting for Duty.
(d) Tour of Duty.
4. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
(d) The Viet Cong.
5. When did the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion take place?
(a) The summer of 2003.
(b) The spring of 2003.
(c) The fall of 2003.
(d) The winter of 2003.
6. What is one of the absolute tenets of command, according to Hoffman?
7. What type of account does O'Neill provide for the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) A second-hand account.
(b) A first-hand account.
(c) A friend's recollection.
8. According to O'Neill, where did Kerry meet with the enemies of America while American soldiers were still fighting and dying?
9. As O'Neill states, what was the crowd's response when Kerry was introduced at the 2003 Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) It was a moderate reception.
(b) They did not know who Kerry was.
(c) It exploded.
(d) It went silent.
10. What is the intent of Unfit for Command, as clearly stated by the authors in the introduction?
(a) To convince Kerry to withdraw from the race.
(b) To support Kerry for President.
(c) To prevent Kerry from becoming the commander in chief.
(d) To raise money for Kerry's opponent.
11. Who designed the "War Heroes" exhibit Lupetti observed in the museum?
(b) Former military leaders.
(c) The Chinese dictators.
12. What does PCF stand for?
(a) Patrol Crafts First.
(b) Patrol Crafts Fast.
(c) Pacific Craft Frontrunner.
(d) Pacific Craft Freighter.
13. What is the question the authors hope to answer in their book, Unfit for Command?
(a) Who is the person John Kerry has become?
(b) Who is John Kerry trying to be?
(c) Who is the real John Kerry?
(d) Who is John Kerry trying to fool?
14. How was John Edwards involved with Kerry in his presidential campaign?
(a) He was the vice-presidential candidate.
(b) He was the media relations coordinator.
(c) He was the campaign finance manager.
(d) He was the campaign chief of staff.
15. Who accompanied Kerry during his previous cameo appearance at the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) His vice presidential candidate.
(b) Other political officials.
(c) A camera crew.
(d) His biographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bodies of water were the PCFs eventually tasked for?
2. What years was Hoffman involved with the Swift Boats?
3. What state was the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion held in?
4. Which one of the following does Hoffman question about Kerry in the Introduction?
5. What did Kerry misrepresent, according to the open letter by the Swift Boat Veterans?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)