|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what war did the Swift Boat Veterans serve with Kerry?
2. According to Edwards, who do you need to listen to in order to really understand Kerry?
(a) Those who have known him for over 20 years.
(b) Those who served with him.
(c) Those who know his desire to be President.
(d) Those who are unaware of his service.
3. What does PCF stand for?
(a) Patrol Crafts First.
(b) Pacific Craft Frontrunner.
(c) Pacific Craft Freighter.
(d) Patrol Crafts Fast.
4. Who received a polite applause at the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion, according to O'Neill?
(a) The visiting dignitaries.
(b) The ambassador.
(c) The current Vice President.
(d) The secretary of state.
5. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
(d) The Viet Cong.
6. How was John Edwards involved with Kerry in his presidential campaign?
(a) He was the campaign chief of staff.
(b) He was the vice-presidential candidate.
(c) He was the media relations coordinator.
(d) He was the campaign finance manager.
7. How did Ponder's account of the injuries compare to Kerry's?
(a) They were mostly the same.
(b) They were somewhat different.
(c) They were totally different.
(d) They were exactly the same.
8. What causes Hoffman to be concerned about Kerry with regards to his political goals?
(a) His lack of intelligence.
(b) His lack of reliability.
(c) His lack of determination.
(d) His lack of enthusiasm.
9. What division of the Armed Services was Roy F. Hoffman in?
(a) The United States Marines.
(b) The United States Navy.
(c) The United States Air Force.
(d) The United States Army.
10. What state was the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion held in?
(a) New York.
11. What is one of the absolute tenets of command, according to Hoffman?
12. Why was Kerry included in the "War Heroes" exhibit?
(a) For his role in the American anti-war movement.
(b) For his injuries during the war.
(c) For his involvement in numerous battles.
(d) For his role in the capture of American POWs.
13. How does Kerry portray himself in his book's account of Ponder's injury?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a witness.
(c) As an innocent bystander.
(d) As a victim.
14. According to O'Neill, where did Kerry meet with the enemies of America while American soldiers were still fighting and dying?
15. How was Joe Ponder wounded during the war?
(a) In an accident caused by Kerry.
(b) In an accident witnessed by Kerry.
(c) In a battle that Kerry recounts.
(d) In a battle Kerry was supposed to be in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Hoffman involved with the Swift Boats?
2. What years was Hoffman involved with the Swift Boats?
3. What were the people included in the "War Heroes" exhibit recognized for?
4. Which city hosted the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
5. Who designed the "War Heroes" exhibit Lupetti observed in the museum?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)