|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John Edwards involved with Kerry in his presidential campaign?
(a) He was the media relations coordinator.
(b) He was the vice-presidential candidate.
(c) He was the campaign finance manager.
(d) He was the campaign chief of staff.
2. When did the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion take place?
(a) The fall of 2003.
(b) The summer of 2003.
(c) The winter of 2003.
(d) The spring of 2003.
3. What does Hoffman believe Kerry is unfit for?
(a) To be commander of the Swift Boats.
(b) To be the secretary of state.
(c) To be commander in chief.
(d) To be the captain of the Swift Boats.
4. What state was the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion held in?
(a) New York.
5. Which museum did Lupetti visit upon returning to the countries involved in the war?
(a) The War Memorial Museum.
(b) The War Restoration Museum.
(c) The War Battleground Museum.
(d) The War Remnants Museum.
6. What does the open letter from the Swiftees label Kerry?
(a) A fraud.
(c) A great exaggerator.
7. What position did Roy F. Hoffman hold?
(b) Rear Admiral.
(c) Deck Sergeant.
8. How was Joe Ponder wounded during the war?
(a) In an accident witnessed by Kerry.
(b) In an accident caused by Kerry.
(c) In a battle Kerry was supposed to be in.
(d) In a battle that Kerry recounts.
9. How do the authors introduce their argument?
(a) With an advertisement.
(b) With a poem.
(c) With a letter.
(d) With a quote.
10. What year did John Kerry run for president?
11. How many signatures were on the open letter to Kerry from the Swiftees?
(a) Over 200.
(b) Nearly 200.
(c) Over 250.
(d) Nearly 100.
12. Where were the PCFs tasked?
(a) The Gulf of Tonkin.
(b) The Mekong Delta.
(c) The Red River Delta.
(d) The Kong River.
13. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
(b) The Viet Cong.
14. What was the original intention for the PCFs?
(a) Coastal transportation.
(b) Coastal attacks.
(c) Coastal surveillance.
(d) Coastal emergencies.
15. What type of account does O'Neill provide for the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(b) A first-hand account.
(c) A second-hand account.
(d) A friend's recollection.
Short Answer Questions
1. As O'Neill states, what was the crowd's response when Kerry was introduced at the 2003 Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
2. How many of the total number of Swiftess contacted declined to sign the open letter to Kerry?
3. How does Ponder recall the circumstances around his injuries?
4. What is one of the absolute tenets of command, according to Hoffman?
5. How was Hoffman involved with the Swift Boats?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)