|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Kerry's commanders signed the open letter from the Swiftees?
(a) Almost half of them.
(b) All of them.
(c) Almost all of them.
(d) Almost a quarter of them.
2. How many Swiftees served with Kerry during his tour?
3. What were the people included in the "War Heroes" exhibit recognized for?
(a) Their contributions to socialism.
(b) Their support of the Chinese dictators.
(c) Their contributions to the North Vietnamese victory.
(d) Their contributions to communism.
4. Who designed the "War Heroes" exhibit Lupetti observed in the museum?
(a) The Chinese dictators.
(d) Former military leaders.
5. Who is recognized along with Kerry in the "War Heroes" exhibit?
(a) Jane Fonda.
(b) Steven Spielberg.
(c) Richard Dreyfuss.
(d) Susan Sarandon.
6. What does Hoffman make clear about his position?
(a) It is not a political issue.
(b) He has never met Kerry.
(c) It is a political issue.
(d) He is a good friend of Kerry's.
7. What bodies of water were the PCFs eventually tasked for?
(a) Lakes and canals.
(b) Rivers and oceans.
(c) Rivers and canals.
(d) Lakes and oceans.
8. Which city hosted the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) New York.
(b) San Diego.
9. When did the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion take place?
(a) The fall of 2003.
(b) The summer of 2003.
(c) The spring of 2003.
(d) The winter of 2003.
10. According to Edwards, who do you need to listen to in order to really understand Kerry?
(a) Those who know his desire to be President.
(b) Those who served with him.
(c) Those who have known him for over 20 years.
(d) Those who are unaware of his service.
11. Which one of the following does Hoffman question about Kerry in the Introduction?
(a) His political agenda.
(b) His judgment.
(c) His patriotism.
(d) His authority.
12. What is the question the authors hope to answer in their book, Unfit for Command?
(a) Who is John Kerry trying to fool?
(b) Who is John Kerry trying to be?
(c) Who is the real John Kerry?
(d) Who is the person John Kerry has become?
13. How did the Swift Boat Veterans feel as a result of Kerry's cameo appearance and motives?
14. How many signatures were on the open letter to Kerry from the Swiftees?
(a) Nearly 100.
(b) Over 250.
(c) Nearly 200.
(d) Over 200.
15. Why was Kerry included in the "War Heroes" exhibit?
(a) For his role in the American anti-war movement.
(b) For his role in the capture of American POWs.
(c) For his involvement in numerous battles.
(d) For his injuries during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Kerry make a cameo appearance at the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
2. What position did Roy F. Hoffman hold?
3. How does Kerry portray himself in his book's account of Ponder's injury?
4. Where were the PCFs tasked?
5. How does O'Neill refer to Ponder's participation in the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)