|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Antiwar Protester.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Swiftees say that Kerry's actual nickname was in Vietnam?
(a) Boston Pretender.
(b) Boston Strangler.
(c) Boston Coward.
(d) Boston Whiner.
2. Which paper broke the story about the VVAW's plan to commit murder?
(a) The New York Daily News.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Sun.
3. What position did Roy F. Hoffman hold?
(a) Rear Admiral.
(c) Deck Sergeant.
4. What is a "skimmer"?
(a) A smaller boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(b) A larger boat than the normal sized Swift Boat.
(c) A faster boat than the normal Swift Boats.
(d) A slower boat than the normal Swift Boats.
5. What does Kerry represent, according to Buckley?
(a) An assault upon America.
(b) Arrogance and greed.
(c) Government expansion.
(d) The notion that free speech should be closely monitored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jane Fonda's role in the Vietnam War, and why is she often associated with Kerry?
2. Why did Kerry's commanders pass him from one boat to another during his tour in Vietnam?
3. What do his crew and witnesses of a refueling event on the way to An Thoi say Kerry lied about?
4. What is the question the authors hope to answer in their book, Unfit for Command?
5. How did Kerry use his Vietnam experience in his political campaigns?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)