|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: John Kerry in Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of Kerry's unauthorized trips to Saigon?
(a) To observe culture.
(c) Entertainment and amusement.
(d) To look for enemy partiers.
2. What person did Kerry compare himself to during his tour?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Walter Mondale.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Jimmy Carter.
3. What does Kerry admit to about his decision to be part of the Swift Boats during Vietnam, in The Vietnam Experience: A War Remembered?
(a) That he had no intention of doing any patrolling.
(b) That he was looking forward to seeing the frontlines up close.
(c) That he misunderstood his assignment.
(d) That he assumed he would be doing patrolling and did not want to get involved with the war.
4. When did the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion take place?
(a) The fall of 2003.
(b) The spring of 2003.
(c) The winter of 2003.
(d) The summer of 2003.
5. What was the reason for Kerry's application for a draft deferment?
(a) He wanted to study in Russia.
(b) He wanted to study in Germany.
(c) He wanted to study in Spain.
(d) He wanted to study in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Out of the few months Kerry spent in Vietnam, how many of them were for training purposes?
2. What were Cavett's public views on the war at that time?
3. Which museum did Lupetti visit upon returning to the countries involved in the war?
4. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
5. For how long were both O'Neill and Kerry both relatively quiet?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)