|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: John Kerry in Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William Franke, who served with Kerry, describe his attitude about serving?
(a) Kerry was vocal in his support of the war.
(b) Kerry was quiet, but clearly bothered by his service.
(c) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for duty and the military.
(d) Kerry had a belligerent disrespect for his commanders.
2. What did O'Neill request from the Committee after hearing Kerry's testimony?
(a) To enter his observations into the records.
(b) To revoke Kerry's testimony.
(c) To debate Kerry.
(d) To substantiate Kerry.
3. When did Kerry make a cameo appearance at the Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
(a) The week before.
(b) Earlier in the day.
(c) Two days earlier.
(d) The day before.
4. What does O'Neill encourage the readers to do in order to substantiate his account of the Dick Cavett Show?
(a) Talk to people who have seen it.
(b) Read the transcript of the debate.
(c) Watch the video of the debate.
(d) Write to Kerry.
5. What does the open letter from the Swiftees label Kerry?
(b) A fraud.
(c) A great exaggerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What person did Kerry compare himself to during his tour?
2. How did Kerry shoot the wounded teenage Vietcong during the 1969 incident that he dubiously received a silver star for?
3. How does Ponder recall the circumstances around his injuries?
4. What was Cavett's reputation as a commentator?
5. How many of the total number of Swiftess contacted declined to sign the open letter to Kerry?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)