|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: John Kerry in Vietnam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kerry use his Vietnam experience in his political campaigns?
(a) To support his claim for a larger military.
(b) He refused to talk about his service during his campaigns.
(c) To demean and embarrass opponents from both political parties.
(d) He used it to deal with several losses.
2. How was Kerry's first wound treated?
(a) It did not need to be treated.
(b) With a band-aid.
(c) With stitches.
(d) With a bandage.
3. What is the question the authors hope to answer in their book, Unfit for Command?
(a) Who is the person John Kerry has become?
(b) Who is John Kerry trying to be?
(c) Who is John Kerry trying to fool?
(d) Who is the real John Kerry?
4. How did the applause change when the actual Swift Boat Veterans were introduced at their Reunion?
(a) It became more vocal and uproarious.
(b) It became a little less vocal.
(c) It caused a riot to break out.
(d) It did not change.
5. Who controlled the forests that the PCFs were assigned to?
(d) The Viet Cong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about Kerry's purple heart request that contradicted the normal procedure for how they are awarded?
2. As O'Neill states, what was the crowd's response when Kerry was introduced at the 2003 Swift Boat Veterans Reunion?
3. What does O'Neill call Kerry during his time in Vietnam?
4. What kept Kerry's unacceptable behavior from his superiors?
5. What was the original intention for the PCFs?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)