|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the strongest of the Wizards order?
2. What does Gandalf agree to in order that the hobbit is able to accompany the dwarfs?
3. Which of the Istari was considered the most powerful by Cirdan?
4. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
5. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the tale of Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife why could Erendis forgive Aldarion the first time he left for sea but not the second time?
Why did Erendis agree to send their daughter but refuse to come herself? Why did Aldarion not go and ask Erendis himself for her to come back if he had wanted her to come back like he said?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of The Line of Elros being told? Does it add to the reader's comprehension of the story or detract? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Turin had two sisters. One of his sisters, Urwen, died when she was a small child. This death leaves his parents distant to Turin and he will be raised in many respects by Sador. His other sister he doesn't meet until he is an adult and doesn't realize it is his sister.
Explain the differences in the effects each sibling had on Turin. Which one had the greater impact on his life long term? Why?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)