|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
2. What is Enerdhil's trade?
3. Which two of the Istari will have a rivalry that ends in the fall of one of them?
4. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
5. For what creature do the Drugs hold a true hatred?
Essay Topic 1
Glaurung casts a spell over Nienor rather than simply kill her. She can no longer remember anything and has to be taught to do everything including speaking. This will prevent her and Turin from knowing that they are siblings.
1) Why did Glaurung choose to cast a spell rather than killing Nienor?
2) Should Turin have recognized Nienor as his sibling?
3) Was the spell Glaurung cast over Nienor worse than death? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of The Line of Elros being told? Does it add to the reader's comprehension of the story or detract? Explain.
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)