|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the possession of the Elessar when it is lost to Middle-earth?
2. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
3. What does Isildur send his squire away with when Isildur realizes he may not be able to get out alive?
4. Who is the strongest of the Wizards order?
5. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Essay Topic 2
Sauron realizes that the Ringwraiths have a few weaknesses. What symboliim can be found in the fact that the Ringwraiths: Wander during the daylight? Fear water? Are stronger as a group? Speculate on why the leader doesn't have these tendencies as strongly as the others?
Essay Topic 3
When Nienor is found by Turin and the other men of Brethil, Turin and Nienor develop a quick bond. If Turin had changed his name and tried to forget his mother and sister would he have realized that Nienor was his sister? Would hearing Turin's name have been enough to spark some remembrance?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)