|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What craft do the Drugs possess that they are well known for?
2. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
3. What two words did Gollum supposedly give Sauron?
4. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
5. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isildur gave the shards of his sword to his squire when they are attacked by a group of orcs. Isildur tells him to keep the sword safe at all cost. Why at this point does Isildur not give the one ring to the squire as well? Why was the sword so important to him?
Essay Topic 2
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 3
Turin had two sisters. One of his sisters, Urwen, died when she was a small child. This death leaves his parents distant to Turin and he will be raised in many respects by Sador. His other sister he doesn't meet until he is an adult and doesn't realize it is his sister.
Explain the differences in the effects each sibling had on Turin. Which one had the greater impact on his life long term? Why?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)