|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is allowed to visit the Amon Anwar?
2. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
3. What is Enerdhil's trade?
4. What did the Istari resemble?
5. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drugs are great craftsmen. Did the orcs that set the statue on fire know about the connection between this race and the things that they carved? Speculate on why there is the connection between the Drugs and their creations. What does this add to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Brandir had worked against Turin seemingly from the beginning.
Is Turin right to assume that Brandir is lying when he announces that Nienor is dead? Why did Turin kill Brandir if he thought Turin was lying about Nienor's death?
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)