|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
2. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
3. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
4. What is at Amon Anwar?
5. When are the Ringwraiths the strongest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drugs are great craftsmen. Did the orcs that set the statue on fire know about the connection between this race and the things that they carved? Speculate on why there is the connection between the Drugs and their creations. What does this add to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Mim kept his word to the outlaws and helped them regardless of the fact that they had killed his son.
What does it say about Mim that he kept his word after such a heartbreak? Did Androg take Mim's curse seriously or not? Why was Mim able to keep his word?
Essay Topic 3
Turin's parents are so upset by the death of their daughter Urwen that they grieve for a long period of time leaving Turin to be reared by Sador.
1) Did Turin's parents put their own grief ahead of his needs as a child?
2) Should they have included him in their grief?
3) Would Turin's fate have been any different if they had managed to hold him close rather than distance themselves from him? Explain.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)