|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
2. When are the Ringwraiths the strongest?
3. Which two of the Istari will have a rivalry that ends in the fall of one of them?
4. What is one of the reasons that Sauron releases Gollum?
5. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Saruman has a jealousy of Gandalf that eventually grows into a deep hate. Explain why Saruman continues to mimic Gandalf's actions although Saruman dislikes him so much. Why does Saruman suspect Gandalf of traitorous actions?
Essay Topic 2
Turin had two sisters. One of his sisters, Urwen, died when she was a small child. This death leaves his parents distant to Turin and he will be raised in many respects by Sador. His other sister he doesn't meet until he is an adult and doesn't realize it is his sister.
Explain the differences in the effects each sibling had on Turin. Which one had the greater impact on his life long term? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The Elessar and The Palantiri are both objects that have descriptions that symbolize their power.
1) Explain how the Elessar's power are connected to the description the author gives of it.
2) Why is Aragon referred to as the Elessar?
3) Explain in what ways the Palantiri's powers are consistent with their descriptions.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)