|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Enerdhil's trade?
2. Which two of the Istari will have a rivalry that ends in the fall of one of them?
3. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
4. Who defeats Grima and frees the king?
5. Who does Gandalf meet that tells Galdalf they wish to kill Smaug?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 2
Brandir had worked against Turin seemingly from the beginning.
Is Turin right to assume that Brandir is lying when he announces that Nienor is dead? Why did Turin kill Brandir if he thought Turin was lying about Nienor's death?
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)