Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
2. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
3. How does Isildur die?
4. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
5. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
Essay Topic 1
Sauron realizes that the Ringwraiths have a few weaknesses. What symboliim can be found in the fact that the Ringwraiths: Wander during the daylight? Fear water? Are stronger as a group? Speculate on why the leader doesn't have these tendencies as strongly as the others?
Essay Topic 2
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung casts a spell over Nienor rather than simply kill her. She can no longer remember anything and has to be taught to do everything including speaking. This will prevent her and Turin from knowing that they are siblings.
1) Why did Glaurung choose to cast a spell rather than killing Nienor?
2) Should Turin have recognized Nienor as his sibling?
3) Was the spell Glaurung cast over Nienor worse than death? Why?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)