|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
2. What is Enerdhil's trade?
3. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
4. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
5. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of The Line of Elros being told? Does it add to the reader's comprehension of the story or detract? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung casts a spell over Nienor rather than simply kill her. She can no longer remember anything and has to be taught to do everything including speaking. This will prevent her and Turin from knowing that they are siblings.
1) Why did Glaurung choose to cast a spell rather than killing Nienor?
2) Should Turin have recognized Nienor as his sibling?
3) Was the spell Glaurung cast over Nienor worse than death? Why?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)