|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
2. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
3. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
4. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
5. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Elessar and The Palantiri are both objects that have descriptions that symbolize their power.
1) Explain how the Elessar's power are connected to the description the author gives of it.
2) Why is Aragon referred to as the Elessar?
3) Explain in what ways the Palantiri's powers are consistent with their descriptions.
Essay Topic 2
Turin did not murder Sadeor although Turin's actions may have had a part in Sadeor's demise.
1) Could Turin have avoided Sadeor's death?
2) Why did Turin choose to run rather than go back to court to explain himself to Thingol?
3) Why does Turin refuse to return after Beleg tells him he has been pardoned?
4) Since Turin was already running from Thingol why did he not take this opportunity to go find his mother?
Essay Topic 3
When Nienor is found by Turin and the other men of Brethil, Turin and Nienor develop a quick bond. If Turin had changed his name and tried to forget his mother and sister would he have realized that Nienor was his sister? Would hearing Turin's name have been enough to spark some remembrance?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)