|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Istari resemble?
2. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
3. With what race do the Drugs live with?
4. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
5. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back. Explain the things that Turin did that make him: 1) Stabber in the dark. 2) Treacherous to foes. 3) Faithless to friends. 4) A curse to his kin.
Essay Topic 2The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Essay Topic 3Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)