|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the dwarfs think when they realize it is a hobbit that Gandalf wants to have help them defeat the dragon?
2. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
3. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
4. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
5. What does Grimbold see happening but is to late to stop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 2
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
Essay Topic 3
Mim kept his word to the outlaws and helped them regardless of the fact that they had killed his son.
What does it say about Mim that he kept his word after such a heartbreak? Did Androg take Mim's curse seriously or not? Why was Mim able to keep his word?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)