|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
2. What happens when Isildur tries to swim across the river?
3. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
4. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
5. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
Essay Topic 2
When Nienor is found by Turin and the other men of Brethil, Turin and Nienor develop a quick bond. If Turin had changed his name and tried to forget his mother and sister would he have realized that Nienor was his sister? Would hearing Turin's name have been enough to spark some remembrance?
Essay Topic 3
In the tale of Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife why could Erendis forgive Aldarion the first time he left for sea but not the second time?
Why did Erendis agree to send their daughter but refuse to come herself? Why did Aldarion not go and ask Erendis himself for her to come back if he had wanted her to come back like he said?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)