|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
2. Who comes to the aid of Gondor when the Wainriders attacks?
3. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
4. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
5. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Essay Topic 2
On the island of Numenor the people treat their horses as if they are nobility. What does it say about the inhabitants of the island that they were able at one point in time to call their horses with a simple thought? What does their treatment of their animals reveal about their nature? Do they do anything that goes against this image?
Essay Topic 3
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)