|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
2. Who comes to the aid of Gondor when the Wainriders attacks?
3. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
4. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
5. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of The Line of Elros being told? Does it add to the reader's comprehension of the story or detract? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Essay Topic 3
Saruman has a jealousy of Gandalf that eventually grows into a deep hate. Explain why Saruman continues to mimic Gandalf's actions although Saruman dislikes him so much. Why does Saruman suspect Gandalf of traitorous actions?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)