|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Istari was considered the most powerful by Cirdan?
2. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
3. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
4. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
5. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morwen refuses to go to Thingol's court to live.
1) Was Morwen thinking of her own pride before that of the welfare of her daughter?
2) Why did Morwen not deem it necessary to remain with her son Turin?
3) Was the sending of her token to King Thingol accepted by her son as easily as it was accepted by the king?
Essay Topic 2
Brandir gives council that, if heeded, would have benefited both Turin and Nienor although Brandir was working for his own benefit.
1) Was Brandir a good leader?
2) Was Brandir's request for Nienor to was good council considering his motives? why?
3) Was Brandir's decision to follow Nienor into the woods right or wrong? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Elessar and The Palantiri are both objects that have descriptions that symbolize their power.
1) Explain how the Elessar's power are connected to the description the author gives of it.
2) Why is Aragon referred to as the Elessar?
3) Explain in what ways the Palantiri's powers are consistent with their descriptions.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)