Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
2. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
3. How does Isildur die?
4. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
5. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
Essay Topic 1
In the tale of Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife why could Erendis forgive Aldarion the first time he left for sea but not the second time?
Why did Erendis agree to send their daughter but refuse to come herself? Why did Aldarion not go and ask Erendis himself for her to come back if he had wanted her to come back like he said?
Essay Topic 2
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung casts a spell over Nienor rather than simply kill her. She can no longer remember anything and has to be taught to do everything including speaking. This will prevent her and Turin from knowing that they are siblings.
1) Why did Glaurung choose to cast a spell rather than killing Nienor?
2) Should Turin have recognized Nienor as his sibling?
3) Was the spell Glaurung cast over Nienor worse than death? Why?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)