|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the possession of the Elessar when it is lost to Middle-earth?
2. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
3. For what creature do the Drugs hold a true hatred?
4. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
5. What did Cirdan give the Istari he considered the most powerful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mim kept his word to the outlaws and helped them regardless of the fact that they had killed his son.
What does it say about Mim that he kept his word after such a heartbreak? Did Androg take Mim's curse seriously or not? Why was Mim able to keep his word?
Essay Topic 2
When Nienor is found by Turin and the other men of Brethil, Turin and Nienor develop a quick bond. If Turin had changed his name and tried to forget his mother and sister would he have realized that Nienor was his sister? Would hearing Turin's name have been enough to spark some remembrance?
Essay Topic 3
Turin did not murder Sadeor although Turin's actions may have had a part in Sadeor's demise.
1) Could Turin have avoided Sadeor's death?
2) Why did Turin choose to run rather than go back to court to explain himself to Thingol?
3) Why does Turin refuse to return after Beleg tells him he has been pardoned?
4) Since Turin was already running from Thingol why did he not take this opportunity to go find his mother?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)