|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cirion declare will be the meeting place?
2. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
3. Originally who were the only ones that were supposed to have access to the Palantiri?
4. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
5. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Morwen refuses to go to Thingol's court to live.
1) Was Morwen thinking of her own pride before that of the welfare of her daughter?
2) Why did Morwen not deem it necessary to remain with her son Turin?
3) Was the sending of her token to King Thingol accepted by her son as easily as it was accepted by the king?
Essay Topic 2
On the island of Numenor the people treat their horses as if they are nobility. What does it say about the inhabitants of the island that they were able at one point in time to call their horses with a simple thought? What does their treatment of their animals reveal about their nature? Do they do anything that goes against this image?
Essay Topic 3
Glaurung gives Nienor a list of things to describe Turin her brother after he gives her her memories back.
Explain the things that Turin did that make him:
1) Stabber in the dark.
2) Treacherous to foes.
3) Faithless to friends.
4) A curse to his kin.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)