|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done with the Three rings?
2. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
3. Why does Saeros dislike Turin and torment him?
4. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
5. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Turin wakes from his deathlike trance.
2. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
3. How is Numenor's landscape described?
4. How were the orcs able to find Isildur when he was wearing the ring that made him invisible?
5. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
6. Describe the Wainriders that pose a threat to Gondor.
7. Why is Turin not surprised he is alone when he reaches Glaurung?
8. Why has Grima been placed as the adviser to King Theoden?
9. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
10. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On the island of Numenor the people treat their horses as if they are nobility. What does it say about the inhabitants of the island that they were able at one point in time to call their horses with a simple thought? What does their treatment of their animals reveal about their nature? Do they do anything that goes against this image?
Essay Topic 2
Morwen refuses to go to Thingol's court to live.
1) Was Morwen thinking of her own pride before that of the welfare of her daughter?
2) Why did Morwen not deem it necessary to remain with her son Turin?
3) Was the sending of her token to King Thingol accepted by her son as easily as it was accepted by the king?
Essay Topic 3
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
This section contains 1,694 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)