Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
5. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
6. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
9. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Glaurung casts a spell over Nienor rather than simply kill her. She can no longer remember anything and has to be taught to do everything including speaking. This will prevent her and Turin from knowing that they are siblings.
1) Why did Glaurung choose to cast a spell rather than killing Nienor?
2) Should Turin have recognized Nienor as his sibling?
3) Was the spell Glaurung cast over Nienor worse than death? Why?
Saruman has a jealousy of Gandalf that eventually grows into a deep hate. Explain why Saruman continues to mimic Gandalf's actions although Saruman dislikes him so much. Why does Saruman suspect Gandalf of traitorous actions?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)