|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
2. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
3. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
4. The first king listed, Elros Tar-Minyatur, stayed unwed until what age?
5. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
2. How is Numenor's landscape described?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
5. Explain why the Nazgul couldn't be completely secret when Sauron decided to send them out?
6. What does Thingol tell Morwen when she says she must go to look for Turin?
7. Explain why after the move of the Eotheodian people, the messengers had to stop taking word from one kingdom to the other.
8. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
9. How were the orcs able to find Isildur when he was wearing the ring that made him invisible?
10. What does Turin do when he finds Nienor naked and dirty?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the tale of Aldarion and Erendis: The Mariner's Wife why could Erendis forgive Aldarion the first time he left for sea but not the second time?
Why did Erendis agree to send their daughter but refuse to come herself? Why did Aldarion not go and ask Erendis himself for her to come back if he had wanted her to come back like he said?
Essay Topic 2
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
Essay Topic 3
Mim kept his word to the outlaws and helped them regardless of the fact that they had killed his son.
What does it say about Mim that he kept his word after such a heartbreak? Did Androg take Mim's curse seriously or not? Why was Mim able to keep his word?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)