Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
5. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
6. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
9. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
Turin's parents are so upset by the death of their daughter Urwen that they grieve for a long period of time leaving Turin to be reared by Sador.
1) Did Turin's parents put their own grief ahead of his needs as a child?
2) Should they have included him in their grief?
3) Would Turin's fate have been any different if they had managed to hold him close rather than distance themselves from him? Explain.
Turin did not murder Sadeor although Turin's actions may have had a part in Sadeor's demise.
1) Could Turin have avoided Sadeor's death?
2) Why did Turin choose to run rather than go back to court to explain himself to Thingol?
3) Why does Turin refuse to return after Beleg tells him he has been pardoned?
4) Since Turin was already running from Thingol why did he not take this opportunity to go find his mother?
What is the purpose of The Line of Elros being told? Does it add to the reader's comprehension of the story or detract? Explain.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)