|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
2. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
3. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
2. What is Mim's curse on Androg?
3. Describe the punishment that Hurin recieved from Morgoth and why it was so severe?
4. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
5. Describe the Wainriders behavior once they believed they might be winning the war.
6. How do the people of Numenor travel and why?
7. Explain why the Palantiri passed out of knowledge of the people of Middle-earth.
8. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
9. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
10. What happens that causes a rift between the White and Grey Istari?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Turin did not murder Sadeor although Turin's actions may have had a part in Sadeor's demise.
1) Could Turin have avoided Sadeor's death?
2) Why did Turin choose to run rather than go back to court to explain himself to Thingol?
3) Why does Turin refuse to return after Beleg tells him he has been pardoned?
4) Since Turin was already running from Thingol why did he not take this opportunity to go find his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Morwen refuses to go to Thingol's court to live.
1) Was Morwen thinking of her own pride before that of the welfare of her daughter?
2) Why did Morwen not deem it necessary to remain with her son Turin?
3) Was the sending of her token to King Thingol accepted by her son as easily as it was accepted by the king?
Essay Topic 3
The black blade that Turin uses will be the one that kills him. What is the significance of the blade being black? Why does the blade speak to Turin before he falls on it mentioning the two that Turin unjustly killed?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)