Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
5. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
6. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
9. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
Essay Topic 1
Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn there are two different stories. Do the inconsistencies in the telling of Galadriel and Celeborn take away from the story? If so, in what way?
Essay Topic 2
Morwen refuses to go to Thingol's court to live.
1) Was Morwen thinking of her own pride before that of the welfare of her daughter?
2) Why did Morwen not deem it necessary to remain with her son Turin?
3) Was the sending of her token to King Thingol accepted by her son as easily as it was accepted by the king?
Essay Topic 3
Saruman has a jealousy of Gandalf that eventually grows into a deep hate. Explain why Saruman continues to mimic Gandalf's actions although Saruman dislikes him so much. Why does Saruman suspect Gandalf of traitorous actions?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)