|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
5. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
6. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
9. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
Essay Topic 1
Brandir had worked against Turin seemingly from the beginning.
Is Turin right to assume that Brandir is lying when he announces that Nienor is dead? Why did Turin kill Brandir if he thought Turin was lying about Nienor's death?
Essay Topic 2
Isildur gave the shards of his sword to his squire when they are attacked by a group of orcs. Isildur tells him to keep the sword safe at all cost. Why at this point does Isildur not give the one ring to the squire as well? Why was the sword so important to him?
Essay Topic 3
Turin had two sisters. One of his sisters, Urwen, died when she was a small child. This death leaves his parents distant to Turin and he will be raised in many respects by Sador. His other sister he doesn't meet until he is an adult and doesn't realize it is his sister.
Explain the differences in the effects each sibling had on Turin. Which one had the greater impact on his life long term? Why?
This section contains 1,667 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)