|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
(a) Give the ring to the enemy
(b) Put the ring on and escape
(c) Swallow the ring
(d) Throw the ring away
2. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
(a) Son of the king, Amroth
(b) Daughter of the king, Idril
(d) Enderhil's true love
3. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
(a) Makes Eorl a duke
(b) Makes Eorl clean his boots
(c) Makes him a king
(d) Makes him his heir
4. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
(a) A pie pan
(b) An eagle
(c) The gods of old
(d) The sun
5. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
(a) Vague shadows of what might be
(b) A person's one true love
(c) A person's most frightening dreams
(d) Distant images and figures of the present or the past
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
2. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
3. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
4. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
5. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)