|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(c) King Theoden
(d) Bilbo Baggins
2. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
3. How does Isildur die?
(a) Orc arrows shoot him in the heart and throat
(b) His son kills him
(c) The ring drives him mad
(d) He is swallowed by a large dragon
4. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(b) Kisses his wife
(c) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
(d) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
5. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nimrodel become lost?
2. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
3. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
4. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
5. What does Gandalf need to find a way to deal with?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)