|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
2. What were the effects of the Palantiri on the men that used it?
(b) Physical fatigue
(c) Mental strain
(d) A powerful hunger
3. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Amroth's herritage
(b) Her father disapproves
(c) Amroth is a warrior
(d) Nimrodel is to young
4. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
(a) They have a party
(b) Elendil's grave is moved
(c) Amon Anwar is burned
(d) Amon Anwar's mound is removed
5. What about the Istari made it clear that they were not human?
(a) They could fly
(b) They spoke with their thought only
(c) They had no eyes
(d) They did not age
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amroth see that causes him to jump over the side of the ship?
2. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
3. Which of the Istari was considered the most powerful by Cirdan?
4. What two words did Gollum supposedly give Sauron?
5. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)