|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(b) Turambar had killed Glaurung
(c) Morgoth was coming
(d) Glaurung had a cramp
2. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
(a) Glaurung stands up
(b) Glaurung opens his eyes and speaks to Niniel
(c) Turambar levitates
(d) A wraith appears
3. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Insignia of Hador
(b) The Breastplate of Hador
(c) An Apple Pie of Hador
(d) The Helm of Hador
4. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(b) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(c) Turin is sentenced to death
(d) Turin is banished
5. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maid of Tears
(b) Made of Tears
(c) Maiden Found
(d) Maiden of Hope
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
2. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
3. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
4. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
5. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that Saruman has a hatred for Gandalf?
2. What about Bilbo caused Thorin to refuse Bilbo Baggins' help at first?
3. Why was Nimrodel reluctant to marry Amroth?
4. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
5. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
6. What does Thingol tell Morwen when she says she must go to look for Turin?
7. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
8. What happens to Tuor's mother?
9. Explain why the Palantiri passed out of knowledge of the people of Middle-earth.
10. Describe the Wainriders that pose a threat to Gondor.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)