|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate of Silver
(b) The Pearly Gates
(c) The Gate of Gold
(d) The Gate
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Made of Tears
(b) Maiden of Hope
(c) Maid of Tears
(d) Maiden Found
3. What is done with the Three rings?
(a) Thrown into the volcano
(b) Given to Hobbits
(c) Burried in a secret place
(d) Given to the elves
4. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
(a) It was used for crops
(b) It had evil gnomes
(c) It contained deadly animals
(d) It was a place of worship
5. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
(a) Lower Lumbar
Short Answer Questions
1. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
2. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
3. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
4. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
5. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
2. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
3. What does Beleg believe regarding the bond between men and elves?
4. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
5. Describe the Wainriders behavior once they believed they might be winning the war.
6. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
7. Describe the Drugs.
8. What are some of the reasons that Saruman has a hatred for Gandalf?
9. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
10. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)