Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(a) Blissfully ignorant
(b) Under a spell
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maid of Tears
(b) Maiden Found
(c) Made of Tears
(d) Maiden of Hope
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is captured
(b) Beleg is cooked
(c) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
(d) Beleg is killed
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Fell off his horse
(b) Died in battle
(c) Died of illness
(d) Joined with the dwarven army
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
2. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
3. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
4. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
5. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
3. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
4. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
5. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
6. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
9. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)