|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate
(b) The Pearly Gates
(c) The Gate of Silver
(d) The Gate of Gold
2. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) Thingol has taken ill
(b) To tell him news of his mother
(c) To offer a pardon
(d) To give him a sock he left
3. How do people travel on Numenor?
4. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Kills their leader
(b) Flips a coin
(c) Kills the most orcs
(d) Shows his family crest
5. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is kidnapped by orcs
(b) She dies from an illness
(c) She stubs her toe
(d) She is lost in the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
2. What does the death of Glaurung do to Niniel?
3. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
4. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
5. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Tuor's mother?
2. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
3. How is Numenor's landscape described?
4. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
5. Describe the Drugs.
6. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
7. Describe the Wainriders that pose a threat to Gondor.
8. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
9. What is Mim's curse on Androg?
10. Who, per Isildur's word, is allowed to visit the grave of Elendil?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)