|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
(a) Sided with the dragon
(b) Killed himself
(c) Died of fright
(d) Ran away
2. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
3. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His clothes
(b) His comb
(c) His son
(d) His sack
4. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
(a) Because he shot Mim's son
(b) Because Turin got angry
(c) He lost a bet
(d) Androg couldn't go on with them
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's love for war
(b) Turambar's lack of courage
(c) Turambar's other wives
(d) Turambar's lowly station in life
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
2. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
3. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
4. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
5. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
2. Explain why the Nazgul couldn't be completely secret when Sauron decided to send them out?
3. What is said about the final king of Numenor?
4. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
5. What mistake does Saruman make after the death of Theoden during battle?
6. What makes the History of Galadriel and Celeborn and of Amroth King of Lorien so full of inconsistencies?
7. Describe the Drugs.
8. What does Beleg believe regarding the bond between men and elves?
9. Why has Grima been placed as the adviser to King Theoden?
10. Describe the Wainriders that pose a threat to Gondor.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)