|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have become slaves
(b) The people have fled burning the town
(c) They have become zombies
(d) They have all been killed
2. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) To give him a sock he left
(b) To offer a pardon
(c) To tell him news of his mother
(d) Thingol has taken ill
3. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He finds his mother
(b) He is called by his king
(c) To protect her
(d) He finds a pink sea snail
4. What does Aldarion's mother hope will get her son to stop thinking of the sea?
(a) a smart talking to
(b) a job in the royal courts
(c) a wife
(d) a good horse
5. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(b) Spits in Brooda's face
(c) Slaps Brooda's face
(d) Breaks Brooda's neck
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
2. What does Sauron convince Celebrimbor and the other craftsmen to do for him?
3. How do people travel on Numenor?
4. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Glaurung tell Nienor before he dies?
2. What happens when Turin wakes from his deathlike trance.
3. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
4. What about Bilbo caused Thorin to refuse Bilbo Baggins' help at first?
5. Describe the Wainriders behavior once they believed they might be winning the war.
6. Describe the punishment that Hurin recieved from Morgoth and why it was so severe?
7. How does Turin chase off the orcs that have captured the men of Brethil?
8. How do the people of Numenor travel and why?
9. What did Aerin do after the death of her Easterling husband?
10. Which of the two endings seems most fitting to the Elessar story?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)