|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) It is unknown
(b) They began to live longer lives
(c) Thier life span more than doubled
(d) They began to live shorter lives
2. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(b) Glaurung had a cramp
(c) Turambar had killed Glaurung
(d) Morgoth was coming
3. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) The dragon still alive
(b) The dragon's body has disappeared
(c) A magical wraith
(d) Turin is alive
4. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) His promise to Niniel
(b) He has a bad back
(c) The orcs are looking for him
(d) The orcs are many in number
5. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) It is the custom and desire of the house
(b) His parent's were divorcing
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) Seeking safety from the coming war
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erendis choose to do when Aldarion returns to take the throne?
2. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
3. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
4. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
5. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
2. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
3. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
4. Why does Cirion decide to move Elendil's grave?
5. Explain the effect that the Palantiri had on the user.
6. What was Turin's response when Brandir told him Nienor was dead?
7. Explain why the Palantiri passed out of knowledge of the people of Middle-earth.
8. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
9. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
10. What about Bilbo caused Thorin to refuse Bilbo Baggins' help at first?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)