|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(b) She runs naked into the woods
(c) She is eaten
(d) She is captured and taken to Sauron
2. The first king listed, Elros Tar-Minyatur, stayed unwed until what age?
(a) Five hundred years old
(b) Four hundred and fourty two years old
(c) Ninety years old
(d) Sixty years old
3. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
4. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Kill Morgoth
(b) Fly on a giant moth
(c) Find the ring of power
(d) Kill Glaurung
5. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is lazy
(b) Morwen is pregnant
(c) Morwen is ashamed of running
(d) Morwen won't leave her home
Short Answer Questions
1. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
2. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
3. What does Erendis choose to do when Aldarion returns to take the throne?
4. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
5. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thingol tell Morwen when she says she must go to look for Turin?
2. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
3. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
4. What did Aerin do after the death of her Easterling husband?
5. What mistake does Saruman make after the death of Theoden during battle?
6. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
7. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
8. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
9. Why did Turin not seek out his mother and sister after he left Thingol's court and the death of Sareos?
10. Why has Grima been placed as the adviser to King Theoden?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)