|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin is sentenced to death
(b) Turin is banished
(c) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(d) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
2. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His sword and his shield
(b) His cape and has fighting skills
(c) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(d) His courage and his voice
3. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(a) Incoherent babble
(c) An ancient dragon language
4. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) Thingol has taken ill
(b) To tell him news of his mother
(c) To offer a pardon
(d) To give him a sock he left
5. Why does Saeros dislike Turin and torment him?
(a) Turin dishonored Saeros
(b) Turin is a human
(c) Turin sucks his thumb
(d) Saeros believes Turin cheated in a game
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sauron convince Celebrimbor and the other craftsmen to do for him?
2. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
4. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
5. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
2. What is Mim's curse on Androg?
3. Why does Cirion decide to move Elendil's grave?
4. What mistake does Saruman make after the death of Theoden during battle?
5. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
6. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
7. What are some of the Ringwraiths' weaknesses?
8. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
9. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
10. What did Aerin do after the death of her Easterling husband?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)