|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Berthil's worship mound
(b) Finduilas' grave
(c) Brethil's borders
(d) an orc camp
2. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) They had a dream revealing it
(b) Sauron can't go there
(c) They flipped a coin
(d) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
3. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(b) Low blood-sugar
(c) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(d) Magic words Glaurung spoke
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will never die
(b) Hurin can never move
(c) Hurin is burning
(d) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
5. What realm do Galadriel and Celeborn establish?
(b) Middle Earth
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurrence makes Meneldur decide it is time for Aldarion to take the throne?
2. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
3. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
4. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
5. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
2. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
3. How is Numenor's landscape described?
4. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
5. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
6. What makes the History of Galadriel and Celeborn and of Amroth King of Lorien so full of inconsistencies?
7. What does Glaurung tell Nienor before he dies?
8. Why is Turin not surprised he is alone when he reaches Glaurung?
9. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
10. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)