|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Chasing the women
(b) Riding horses
(c) Watching the night sky
(d) Being at sea
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maiden Found
(b) Made of Tears
(c) Maiden of Hope
(d) Maid of Tears
3. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) Thingol has taken ill
(b) To give him a sock he left
(c) To offer a pardon
(d) To tell him news of his mother
4. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
(a) Five point star
(d) Six point star
5. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) The dragon still alive
(b) The dragon's body has disappeared
(c) A magical wraith
(d) Turin is alive
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
2. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
3. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
4. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
5. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that Saruman has a hatred for Gandalf?
2. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
3. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
4. Why did Sauron let Gollum go after torturing him?
5. What does Glaurung tell Nienor before he dies?
6. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
7. Why was Nimrodel reluctant to marry Amroth?
8. Why is Turin not surprised he is alone when he reaches Glaurung?
9. Why has Grima been placed as the adviser to King Theoden?
10. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)