|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(b) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(c) Androg will bury his own son some day
(d) Androg will get warts on his feet
2. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
(a) Lower Lumbar
3. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
(a) He is shaved bald
(b) He is turned into an orc
(c) He is tortured and killed
(d) He is taken prisoner
4. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
(a) His dwelling
(b) His gold
(c) His ideas on theology
(d) His supper
5. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(a) Blissfully ignorant
(d) Under a spell
Short Answer Questions
1. What realm do Galadriel and Celeborn establish?
2. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
4. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
5. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Turin wakes from his deathlike trance.
2. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
3. What makes the History of Galadriel and Celeborn and of Amroth King of Lorien so full of inconsistencies?
4. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
5. Describe the Drugs.
6. Describe the Wainriders behavior once they believed they might be winning the war.
7. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
8. Which of the two endings seems most fitting to the Elessar story?
9. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
10. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)