|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Takes Turin as his foster son
(b) Gives Turin his own horse
(c) Makes Turin a page
(d) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
2. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Androg will bury his own son some day
(b) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(c) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(d) Androg will get warts on his feet
3. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
(a) Aldarion will stay to concieve a son
(b) Erendis hates men
(c) The child is betrothed to a neighboring prince
(d) Aldarion had wanted a girl
4. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
(a) Died of fright
(b) Killed himself
(c) Sided with the dragon
(d) Ran away
5. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(a) The Boogeyman
(b) Something to eat
(d) Orc Kin
Short Answer Questions
1. What realm do Galadriel and Celeborn establish?
2. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
3. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
4. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
5. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
2. Which of the two endings seems most fitting to the Elessar story?
3. Why did Turin not seek out his mother and sister after he left Thingol's court and the death of Sareos?
4. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
5. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
6. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
7. What are some of the Ringwraiths' weaknesses?
8. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
9. What about Bilbo caused Thorin to refuse Bilbo Baggins' help at first?
10. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)