|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
(a) One hundred and fourty eight years
(b) Sixty years
(c) One year
(d) One hundred years
2. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have become zombies
(b) They have become slaves
(c) The people have fled burning the town
(d) They have all been killed
3. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's love for war
(b) Turambar's other wives
(c) Turambar's lack of courage
(d) Turambar's lowly station in life
4. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) They had a dream revealing it
(b) Sauron can't go there
(c) They flipped a coin
(d) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
5. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The orc smell will kill them all
(b) The evil eye will be able to find them
(c) The cattle will all be killed
(d) The village will be discovered
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
2. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
3. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
4. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
2. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
3. Describe the Wainriders behavior once they believed they might be winning the war.
4. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
5. Describe the Drugs.
6. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
7. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
8. What does Turin hear that convinces him of Brandir's truth?
9. What happens to Tuor's mother?
10. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)