|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate of Gold
(b) The Gate of Silver
(c) The Pearly Gates
(d) The Gate
2. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His clothes
(b) His sack
(c) His son
(d) His comb
3. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
(a) Turin finds a ring belonging to Finduilas
(b) Turin throws up
(c) Turin falls into a trance
(d) Turin begins to weap and morn
4. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He is called by his king
(b) To protect her
(c) He finds a pink sea snail
(d) He finds his mother
5. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
(c) Lower Lumbar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
2. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
3. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
4. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
5. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
2. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
3. How do the people of Numenor travel and why?
4. What is said about the final king of Numenor?
5. Describe the Haleth.
6. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
7. What was Turin's response when Brandir told him Nienor was dead?
8. How were the orcs able to find Isildur when he was wearing the ring that made him invisible?
9. Describe the punishment that Hurin recieved from Morgoth and why it was so severe?
10. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)