|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
(a) Turin falls into a trance
(b) Turin finds a ring belonging to Finduilas
(c) Turin begins to weap and morn
(d) Turin throws up
2. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Kill Glaurung herself
(b) Marry Brandir
(c) Kill herself
(d) Leave the village
3. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
(a) To Morwen's family home
(b) On vacation
(c) The court of Thingol
(d) South away from Brooda's control
4. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Commits suicide
(b) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(c) Sets the hall on fire
(d) Defecates on Brooda's throne
5. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is pregnant
(b) Morwen is ashamed of running
(c) Morwen won't leave her home
(d) Morwen is lazy
Short Answer Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
2. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
3. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
4. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
5. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
2. How is Numenor's landscape described?
3. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
4. Explain why after the move of the Eotheodian people, the messengers had to stop taking word from one kingdom to the other.
5. What does Turin hear that convinces him of Brandir's truth?
6. What happens when Turin wakes from his deathlike trance.
7. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
8. What happens that causes a rift between the White and Grey Istari?
9. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
10. Who, per Isildur's word, is allowed to visit the grave of Elendil?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)