|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Shows his family crest
(b) Kills the most orcs
(c) Flips a coin
(d) Kills their leader
2. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That she is a witch
(b) That she is a qeen
(c) That she has an incurable rash
(d) That her children are magicians
3. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
(a) It had evil gnomes
(b) It was a place of worship
(c) It was used for crops
(d) It contained deadly animals
4. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(b) An ancient dragon language
(c) Incoherent babble
5. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(b) Under a spell
(d) Blissfully ignorant
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
2. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
3. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
4. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
5. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
2. Why is Thorin Oakenshield planning to kill Smaug?
3. What are some of the Ringwraiths' weaknesses?
4. Why is Turin not surprised he is alone when he reaches Glaurung?
5. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
6. What does Turin do when he finds Nienor naked and dirty?
7. What did Aerin do after the death of her Easterling husband?
8. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
9. What is said about the final king of Numenor?
10. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)