|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurrence makes Meneldur decide it is time for Aldarion to take the throne?
(a) Aldarion turns 21
(b) a possible war
(c) a fued at court
(d) Meneldur takes ill
2. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
(b) They flipped a coin
(c) They had a dream revealing it
(d) Sauron can't go there
3. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
4. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
(a) Five point star
(b) Six point star
5. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is cooked
(b) Beleg is killed
(c) Beleg is captured
(d) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
2. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
3. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
4. Who does Turin find that convinces him that it was Nienor that he had married?
5. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which of the two endings seems most fitting to the Elessar story?
2. Describe the punishment that Hurin recieved from Morgoth and why it was so severe?
3. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
4. What was Turin's response when Brandir told him Nienor was dead?
5. What mistake does Saruman make after the death of Theoden during battle?
6. Why does Nienor go into the woods?
7. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
8. What are some of the Ringwraiths' weaknesses?
9. Why did Morwen decline Thingol's offer to come live with him in his kingdom?
10. Describe the Drugs.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)