|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) an orc camp
(b) Brethil's borders
(c) Berthil's worship mound
(d) Finduilas' grave
2. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will never die
(b) Hurin can never move
(c) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(d) Hurin is burning
3. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(b) His cape and has fighting skills
(c) His courage and his voice
(d) His sword and his shield
4. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are looking for him
(b) The orcs are many in number
(c) He has a bad back
(d) His promise to Niniel
5. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He is called by his king
(b) He finds a pink sea snail
(c) He finds his mother
(d) To protect her
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
2. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
3. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the orcs able to find Isildur when he was wearing the ring that made him invisible?
2. What does Beleg believe regarding the bond between men and elves?
3. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
4. What mistake does Saruman make after the death of Theoden during battle?
5. What did Aldarion find when he returned home from his five years at sea?
6. Explain why the Palantiri passed out of knowledge of the people of Middle-earth.
7. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
8. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
9. What is said about the final king of Numenor?
10. Who, per Isildur's word, is allowed to visit the grave of Elendil?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)