|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(b) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(c) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(d) Because men are allergic to them
2. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The village will be discovered
(b) The evil eye will be able to find them
(c) The cattle will all be killed
(d) The orc smell will kill them all
3. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Insignia of Hador
(b) The Helm of Hador
(c) An Apple Pie of Hador
(d) The Breastplate of Hador
4. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
(c) The sea
(d) The stars
5. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Shows his family crest
(b) Flips a coin
(c) Kills the most orcs
(d) Kills their leader
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
2. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
3. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
4. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
5. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aldarion do that Erendis could not forgive him for?
2. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
3. Describe the Haleth.
4. Describe Halifirien.
5. What are some of the reasons that Saruman has a hatred for Gandalf?
6. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
7. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
8. What did Aldarion find when he returned home from his five years at sea?
9. How does Turin chase off the orcs that have captured the men of Brethil?
10. What happens when Turin wakes from his deathlike trance.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)