|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
(a) It contained deadly animals
(b) It was a place of worship
(c) It had evil gnomes
(d) It was used for crops
2. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Planting traps near the village
(b) Building their home high in the trees
(c) Secrecy and Silence
3. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She dies from an illness
(b) She is kidnapped by orcs
(c) She is lost in the woods
(d) She stubs her toe
4. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are allergic to them
(b) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(c) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
5. What does Sauron convince Celebrimbor and the other craftsmen to do for him?
(a) Make a great sword
(b) Loose his bonds
(c) Serve his dark purposes
(d) Create the rings of power
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
2. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
3. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
4. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
5. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why after the move of the Eotheodian people, the messengers had to stop taking word from one kingdom to the other.
2. Why is Turin not surprised he is alone when he reaches Glaurung?
3. What about Bilbo caused Thorin to refuse Bilbo Baggins' help at first?
4. What was Turin's response when Brandir told him Nienor was dead?
5. Why did Mim help the outlaws after he knew they had killed his son?
6. Explain why the Nazgul couldn't be completely secret when Sauron decided to send them out?
7. What information is given with the list of the Kings of Numenor?
8. What does Turin do when he finds Nienor naked and dirty?
9. What does Brandir do with his title of Lord and why?
10. Describe the appearance of the Istari.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)