|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The location of the one ring
(b) The ingredient in the special sauce
(c) The secret location of Gondolin
(d) The person who is helping Rohan
2. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin can never move
(b) Hurin is burning
(c) Hurin will never die
(d) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
3. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's lack of courage
(b) Turambar's lowly station in life
(c) Turambar's love for war
(d) Turambar's other wives
4. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Sets the hall on fire
(b) Defecates on Brooda's throne
(c) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(d) Commits suicide
5. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She stubs her toe
(b) She is kidnapped by orcs
(c) She is lost in the woods
(d) She dies from an illness
Short Answer Questions
1. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
2. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
3. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
5. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Turin chase off the orcs that have captured the men of Brethil?
2. What makes the History of Galadriel and Celeborn and of Amroth King of Lorien so full of inconsistencies?
3. Describe the Drugs.
4. Explain why Isildur was so reluctant to use the ring when attacked by the orcs.
5. What did Brandir ask Nienor to do in regard to waiting before marrying Turin?
6. Why did Gollum not use the words Hobbit or Halfing to describe Bilbo Baggins?
7. Why has Grima been placed as the adviser to King Theoden?
8. What is said about the final king of Numenor?
9. What does Turin hear that convinces him of Brandir's truth?
10. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)