|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
(a) Burn it
(b) Bury it
(c) Stuff it
(d) Ban the area where it lies
2. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Leave the village
(b) Kill Glaurung herself
(c) Kill herself
(d) Marry Brandir
3. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is pregnant
(b) Morwen is ashamed of running
(c) Morwen won't leave her home
(d) Morwen is lazy
4. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
(a) Five point star
(b) Six point star
5. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) He loved the sea to much
(b) She wouldn't want him with her
(c) It is to good a death for him
(d) It would defile them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
2. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
3. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
4. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
5. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cirion offer Eorl in return for coming to the aid of Cirion's kingdom?
2. Explain the effect that the Palantiri had on the user.
3. What does Turin do when he finds Nienor naked and dirty?
4. Describe Halifirien.
5. What does Glaurung tell Nienor before he dies?
6. Explain the connection between the Elessar being a jewel that heals and the fact that it is made after the image of the sun and the green leaves.
7. Who, per Isildur's word, is allowed to visit the grave of Elendil?
8. Why did Turin turn to Sador for his learning?
9. What are some of the reasons that Saruman has a hatred for Gandalf?
10. How were the orcs able to find Isildur when he was wearing the ring that made him invisible?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)