|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with the Three rings?
(a) Given to Hobbits
(b) Given to the elves
(c) Thrown into the volcano
(d) Burried in a secret place
2. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(b) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
(a) Morgoth needs a new wife
(b) Morgoth believes a ring of power to be in the village
(c) Morgoth needs that place for parking
(d) Morgoth's desire that all men will be enslaved
4. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) Thier life span more than doubled
(b) They began to live shorter lives
(c) It is unknown
(d) They began to live longer lives
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's lowly station in life
(b) Turambar's love for war
(c) Turambar's lack of courage
(d) Turambar's other wives
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
2. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
3. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
5. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saruman decide to pay notice to the Shire?
2. What part did Celebrimbor have that he felt he needed to repent of?
3. What happens to Tuor's mother?
4. What did Aerin do after the death of her Easterling husband?
5. Why does Cirion decide to move Elendil's grave?
6. What becomes of Amroth and Nimrodel?
7. What happens that causes a rift between the White and Grey Istari?
8. Why does Eorl decide he must ride to the aid of Gondor?
9. Why did Turin not seek out his mother and sister after he left Thingol's court and the death of Sareos?
10. How did Turin react after the death of Sareos?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)