|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the Drugs described?
(a) Small and petite
(b) Haggard and worn
(c) Short and stout
(d) Tall and willowy
2. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
(a) His most loyal advisor
(b) His son
(c) His father
3. What did Cirdan give the Istari he considered the most powerful?
(a) A fancy hat
(b) The one ring
(c) The fifth ring of power
(d) The third ring of power
4. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(b) King Theoden
(c) Bilbo Baggins
5. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
6. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
(a) The fear they cast
(b) The chill that surrounds them
(c) The stench
(d) The crackling noises
7. Who is in the possession of the Elessar when it is lost to Middle-earth?
8. What did the Istari resemble?
(b) Older human men
(c) Young human men
(d) Transparent visions
9. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
(c) Bilbo Baggins
10. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
(a) A blade made by a dwarf
(b) An apple
(c) A map and a key
(d) A piece of jewlery made by an ancient dwarf
11. Who defeats Grima and frees the king?
12. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
(a) They are taken prisoner
(b) They retreat
(c) They scream
(d) They are killed
13. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
(a) Nine Walkers
14. Who comes to the aid of Gondor when the Wainriders attacks?
(c) The Northmen
(d) The Shire
15. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
(a) To have the one ring for himself
(b) To learn of their ancient ways
(c) To lay a trap for Gollum
(d) To build a retirement home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
2. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
3. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
4. What happened when a Drug made a carving of his father out of stone and then sat in meditation next to it?
5. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)