|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isildur send his squire away with when Isildur realizes he may not be able to get out alive?
(a) His sword Narsil that killed Sauron
(b) A letter to his wife
(c) His family ring
(d) His sons
2. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
(a) Sauron's demise
(b) Gondor's fall
(c) Rohan's ascension
(d) Alliances with neighboring kingdom's
3. What craft do the Drugs possess that they are well known for?
(a) Metal working
(b) Singing ballads
(c) Fighting and fencing
(d) Carving in wood and stone
4. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
(a) The Death Marshes
(b) The Great Desert
(c) The Great Sea
(d) Sauron's home
5. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Her father disapproves
(b) Amroth is a warrior
(c) Amroth's herritage
(d) Nimrodel is to young
6. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
7. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
(b) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
(c) Saruman owes them both money
(d) Saruman has seen a vision
8. What happens when Isildur tries to swim across the river?
(a) He looses his way
(b) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(c) He looses the ring
(d) He forges how to swim
9. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
(a) The sun
(b) The gods of old
(c) A pie pan
(d) An eagle
10. Who comes to the aid of Gondor when the Wainriders attacks?
(b) The Northmen
(d) The Shire
11. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
12. Where does Nimrodel want to be before she agrees to marry Amroth?
(a) A land of peace
(b) Her family's home
(c) Amroth's family's home
13. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
14. For what creature do the Drugs hold a true hatred?
15. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
(a) His father
(c) His most loyal advisor
(d) His son
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isildur die?
2. Who is the strongest of the Wizards order?
3. Who does Gandalf meet that tells Galdalf they wish to kill Smaug?
4. What happens to Isildur's troops after thirty days of traveling?
5. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)