|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(b) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
(c) Kisses his wife
(d) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
2. What were the effects of the Palantiri on the men that used it?
(a) Mental strain
(c) A powerful hunger
(d) Physical fatigue
3. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
(a) Put the ring on and escape
(b) Throw the ring away
(c) Give the ring to the enemy
(d) Swallow the ring
4. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
(a) Gondor's fall
(b) Sauron's demise
(c) Alliances with neighboring kingdom's
(d) Rohan's ascension
5. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
(a) To fight in the coming war
(b) To assist Saruman
(c) To plan a coming out ball for Sauron
(d) To attack the leader of the elves
6. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
(d) Nine Walkers
7. With what race do the Drugs live with?
8. What are the Wainriders begin doing when they feel the battle is won?
(a) Singing songs
(b) Gathering spoils of war
(c) Throwing down their weapons
(d) Getting drunk
9. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
10. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
(a) Only the king can live there
(b) Westernmost beacon
(c) Ancient battles took place here
(d) Place of worship
11. How are the Drugs described?
(a) Short and stout
(b) Tall and willowy
(c) Small and petite
(d) Haggard and worn
12. What does Isildur send his squire away with when Isildur realizes he may not be able to get out alive?
(a) His sword Narsil that killed Sauron
(b) A letter to his wife
(c) His sons
(d) His family ring
13. Where does Nimrodel want to be before she agrees to marry Amroth?
(a) A land of peace
(b) Her family's home
(d) Amroth's family's home
14. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
(a) They are taken prisoner
(b) They are killed
(c) They scream
(d) They retreat
15. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
2. What did the Istari resemble?
3. What two plannings does King Calimehatar learn that the Northmen and the Wainriders are going to attempt at the same time?
4. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
5. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)