|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
2. For what creature do the Drugs hold a true hatred?
3. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
(d) Bilbo Baggins
4. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
(a) Westernmost beacon
(b) Ancient battles took place here
(c) Place of worship
(d) Only the king can live there
5. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
(a) Makes him his heir
(b) Makes Eorl clean his boots
(c) Makes him a king
(d) Makes Eorl a duke
6. What did the Istari resemble?
(a) Transparent visions
(b) Young human men
(d) Older human men
7. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Her father disapproves
(b) Amroth is a warrior
(c) Nimrodel is to young
(d) Amroth's herritage
8. What happens when Eorl and his troops begin their journey that frightens them for a moment?
(a) They hear the enemy
(b) They are covered in locust
(c) They are covered in a white mist
(d) They hear strange noises
9. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
10. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
(a) The Burning Wood
(b) The Singing Wood
(c) The Whispering Wood
(d) The Serenity Wood
11. What does Amroth see that causes him to jump over the side of the ship?
(d) The one ring
12. Who is it thought that the men who were going to attack Gondor most likely kin to?
13. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(b) Dead Marshes
14. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
(b) Saruman owes them both money
(c) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
(d) Saruman has seen a vision
15. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
2. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
3. How many of the Istari came to the land of men and elves?
4. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
5. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)