|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
2. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
(a) It brings your true love
(b) It heals and makes things appear whole again
(c) It is fragil
(d) It brings good fortune and healing powers
3. What is at Amon Anwar?
(a) The place Elendil was born
(b) An ant hill
(c) The grave of Elendil
(d) Cirion's family grave site
4. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
5. What craft do the Drugs possess that they are well known for?
(a) Metal working
(b) Singing ballads
(c) Fighting and fencing
(d) Carving in wood and stone
6. What do the dwarfs think when they realize it is a hobbit that Gandalf wants to have help them defeat the dragon?
(a) They think Gandalf is making fun of their size
(b) They don't have an opinion about it
(c) They are mad that Gandalf thinks they need any help
(d) They are glad to have the extra help
7. What location are the Nazgul searching for that is secret to them and to Sauron where the person who has the one ring comes from?
(b) The Shire
8. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
9. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
(a) The Singing Wood
(b) The Serenity Wood
(c) The Whispering Wood
(d) The Burning Wood
10. What did Ondoher do to his forces when the Wainriders attempt to carry out their plan's for Gondor's destruction?
(a) Gave them a rousing good speach
(b) Set them at four different corners
(c) Divided them into two groups
(d) Gave them dangerous new weapons
11. What was it that appeared that caused Nimrodel to agree to leave and marry Amroth?
(a) A wraith
(b) A band of orcs
(d) A Balrog
12. What did Galadriel ask for that caused Celebrimor to make a second Elessar in one of the endings of the Elessar tale?
(a) Her pain gone
(b) An ability to see things whole
(c) Trees and Grass
(d) A fabulous jewel
13. Originally who were the only ones that were supposed to have access to the Palantiri?
(a) Wizards and law enforcers
(b) War councilors
(c) Kings and rulers
(d) Kings and wizards
14. What did Saruman seize as his own?
(d) The Elessar
15. When are the Ringwraiths the strongest?
(a) When they have the ring
(b) When they are nearest Sauron
(c) When they are in a group
(d) At night
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
2. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
3. What two words did Gollum supposedly give Sauron?
4. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
5. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)