|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
(a) The Singing Wood
(b) The Whispering Wood
(c) The Serenity Wood
(d) The Burning Wood
2. With what race do the Drugs live with?
3. Who is it thought that the men who were going to attack Gondor most likely kin to?
4. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
5. What happens if a carving that a Drug creates is injured?
(a) The person the carving was modeled after will be injured
(b) It casts the Drugs soul to the netherworld
(c) The person who injured it will take on the injuries
(d) The carver must take on these injuries
6. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
(a) Swallow the ring
(b) Put the ring on and escape
(c) Give the ring to the enemy
(d) Throw the ring away
7. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(a) Bilbo Baggins
(c) King Theoden
8. What happens when Eorl and his troops begin their journey that frightens them for a moment?
(a) They hear strange noises
(b) They are covered in locust
(c) They hear the enemy
(d) They are covered in a white mist
9. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(a) Dead Marshes
10. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
11. Which of the Istari was considered the most powerful by Cirdan?
(a) The Grey
(b) The Blue
(c) The Red
(d) The White
12. Who is the leader of the Wizards?
13. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
(a) A blade made by a dwarf
(b) An apple
(c) A piece of jewlery made by an ancient dwarf
(d) A map and a key
14. What does Grimbold see happening but is to late to stop?
(a) The attack of Eomer
(b) The death of Theodred
(c) The assalt on Helm's deep
(d) The attack of Theoden
15. What was it that appeared that caused Nimrodel to agree to leave and marry Amroth?
(a) A wraith
(b) A Balrog
(c) A band of orcs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
2. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
3. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
4. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
5. What does the king share with his heir at Amon Anwar?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)