|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
2. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
3. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
4. What happens to Isildur's troops after thirty days of traveling?
(a) Sauron attacks
(b) They reach the Dead Marshes
(c) They fall suddenly ill
(d) They are attacked by orcs
5. What two words did Gollum supposedly give Sauron?
(a) Tuesday and Dancing
(b) Shire and Ring
(c) Baggins and Gandalf
(d) Shire and Baggins
6. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman has seen a vision
(b) Saruman owes them both money
(c) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
(d) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
7. Who is the leader of the Wizards?
8. What craft do the Drugs possess that they are well known for?
(a) Carving in wood and stone
(b) Singing ballads
(c) Fighting and fencing
(d) Metal working
9. With what race do the Drugs live with?
10. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
(a) A map and a key
(b) A blade made by a dwarf
(c) A piece of jewlery made by an ancient dwarf
(d) An apple
11. What happens when Isildur tries to swim across the river?
(a) He looses his way
(b) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(c) He forges how to swim
(d) He looses the ring
12. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Amroth is a warrior
(b) Amroth's herritage
(c) Nimrodel is to young
(d) Her father disapproves
13. What two plannings does King Calimehatar learn that the Northmen and the Wainriders are going to attempt at the same time?
(a) A revolt and a raid
(b) An attack and an escape
(c) An assassination and a raid
(d) A dance and a brunch
14. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
(a) The Great Desert
(b) The Death Marshes
(c) Sauron's home
(d) The Great Sea
15. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
2. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
3. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
4. What does Grimbold see happening but is to late to stop?
5. Who is it thought that the men who were going to attack Gondor most likely kin to?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)