|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(d) Dead Marshes
2. Who comes to the aid of Gondor when the Wainriders attacks?
(a) The Northmen
(c) The Shire
3. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Her father disapproves
(b) Amroth is a warrior
(c) Nimrodel is to young
(d) Amroth's herritage
4. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
(a) A map and a key
(b) A blade made by a dwarf
(c) An apple
(d) A piece of jewlery made by an ancient dwarf
5. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
(a) Distant images and figures of the present or the past
(b) A person's one true love
(c) Vague shadows of what might be
(d) A person's most frightening dreams
6. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(b) Bilbo Baggins
(c) King Theoden
7. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
(b) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
(c) Saruman has seen a vision
(d) Saruman owes them both money
8. Who does Sauron hears has captured Gollum?
9. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
10. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
11. What happens if a carving that a Drug creates is injured?
(a) It casts the Drugs soul to the netherworld
(b) The carver must take on these injuries
(c) The person who injured it will take on the injuries
(d) The person the carving was modeled after will be injured
12. What happens to Isildur's troops after thirty days of traveling?
(a) They fall suddenly ill
(b) Sauron attacks
(c) They reach the Dead Marshes
(d) They are attacked by orcs
13. What two people stand between Saruman and taking over Rohan?
(a) Gollum and Aragon
(b) Theodred and Eomer
(c) Eomer and Bilbo
(d) Gandalf and Theodred
14. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
(b) The Shire
15. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
(b) Nine Walkers
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
2. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
3. What is one of the reasons that Sauron releases Gollum?
4. What did the Istari resemble?
5. Who does Gandalf meet that tells Galdalf they wish to kill Smaug?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)