|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
(a) His work for Sauron
(b) He was busy on Tuesday
(c) His hatred of Gandalf
(d) His desire for the ring
2. What does Grimbold see happening but is to late to stop?
(a) The assalt on Helm's deep
(b) The death of Theodred
(c) The attack of Theoden
(d) The attack of Eomer
3. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
(a) They fear water
(b) They fear daylight
(c) They are unable to feel emotion
(d) They love to wear shoes
4. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
(b) His father
(c) His son
(d) His most loyal advisor
5. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
(a) To build a retirement home
(b) To have the one ring for himself
(c) To lay a trap for Gollum
(d) To learn of their ancient ways
6. What happens when Isildur tries to swim across the river?
(a) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(b) He looses his way
(c) He looses the ring
(d) He forges how to swim
7. What were the effects of the Palantiri on the men that used it?
(a) A powerful hunger
(c) Mental strain
(d) Physical fatigue
8. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
(a) Alliances with neighboring kingdom's
(b) Rohan's ascension
(c) Sauron's demise
(d) Gondor's fall
9. Who is the leader of the Wizards?
10. Who is the strongest of the Wizards order?
(b) Bilbo Baggins
11. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
(a) Enderhil's true love
(b) Daughter of the king, Idril
(d) Son of the king, Amroth
12. What did Ondoher do to his forces when the Wainriders attempt to carry out their plan's for Gondor's destruction?
(a) Gave them dangerous new weapons
(b) Gave them a rousing good speach
(c) Divided them into two groups
(d) Set them at four different corners
13. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
(a) Because it could sense Gollum
(b) It had struck a deal
(c) In the hopes it would harm Saruman
(d) He pittied the creature
14. What does Gandalf need to find a way to deal with?
15. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
(b) Bilbo Baggins
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
2. What is at Amon Anwar?
3. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
4. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
5. What did Cirdan give the Istari he considered the most powerful?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)