|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Isildur die?
(a) The ring drives him mad
(b) Orc arrows shoot him in the heart and throat
(c) His son kills him
(d) He is swallowed by a large dragon
2. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
(b) Saruman owes them both money
(c) Saruman has seen a vision
(d) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
3. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
(c) Eorl at Rohan
4. What location are the Nazgul searching for that is secret to them and to Sauron where the person who has the one ring comes from?
(d) The Shire
5. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
(a) In the hopes it would harm Saruman
(b) Because it could sense Gollum
(c) It had struck a deal
(d) He pittied the creature
6. Who is the leader of the Wizards?
7. What does the king share with his heir at Amon Anwar?
(a) The location of the rings of power
(b) The truth of Sauron
(c) The facts of life
(d) The secrets of the kingdom
8. What was it that appeared that caused Nimrodel to agree to leave and marry Amroth?
(a) A wraith
(b) A band of orcs
(d) A Balrog
9. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(c) Dead Marshes
10. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
(a) Makes Eorl a duke
(b) Makes him a king
(c) Makes him his heir
(d) Makes Eorl clean his boots
11. What did Saruman seize as his own?
(a) The Elessar
12. What are the Wainriders begin doing when they feel the battle is won?
(a) Singing songs
(b) Throwing down their weapons
(c) Getting drunk
(d) Gathering spoils of war
13. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
(b) Isildur's son
(c) Cirion and Eorl
14. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
(a) His son
(c) His father
(d) His most loyal advisor
15. How are the Drugs described?
(a) Tall and willowy
(b) Haggard and worn
(c) Short and stout
(d) Small and petite
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
2. What does Amroth see that causes him to jump over the side of the ship?
3. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
4. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
5. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)