|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gandalf meet that tells Galdalf they wish to kill Smaug?
(c) Bilbo Baggins
(d) Thorin Oakenshield
2. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
(b) Playing the flute
(d) Pipe smoking
3. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
(a) To plan a coming out ball for Sauron
(b) To attack the leader of the elves
(c) To assist Saruman
(d) To fight in the coming war
4. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
(a) The Shire
5. What is at Amon Anwar?
(a) The grave of Elendil
(b) The place Elendil was born
(c) An ant hill
(d) Cirion's family grave site
6. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
7. What about the Istari made it clear that they were not human?
(a) They had no eyes
(b) They spoke with their thought only
(c) They could fly
(d) They did not age
8. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
(a) Only the king can live there
(b) Place of worship
(c) Ancient battles took place here
(d) Westernmost beacon
9. Which two of the Istari will have a rivalry that ends in the fall of one of them?
(a) White and Red
(b) Blue and Red
(c) White and Grey
(d) Grey and Rainbow
10. With Elendil's grave gone what is the new name of Amon Anwar?
(a) Tourist Park
(b) Holy Mount or Halifirien
(c) Great History or Histrofirien
(d) Great Mound or Halofraden
11. Who does Sauron hears has captured Gollum?
12. Where does Nimrodel become lost?
(a) Orc camp
(b) Ered Nimrais mountains
(c) Great Sea
(d) Dense forest
13. What do the dwarfs think when they realize it is a hobbit that Gandalf wants to have help them defeat the dragon?
(a) They don't have an opinion about it
(b) They are glad to have the extra help
(c) They think Gandalf is making fun of their size
(d) They are mad that Gandalf thinks they need any help
14. What is one of the reasons that Sauron releases Gollum?
(a) To lead Sauron to the ring
(b) Gollum has to go to the bathroom
(c) Gollum promises to help him
(d) He pitties Gollum
15. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
(b) Kisses his wife
(c) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(d) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
Short Answer Questions
1. What two plannings does King Calimehatar learn that the Northmen and the Wainriders are going to attempt at the same time?
2. What does Amroth see that causes him to jump over the side of the ship?
3. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
4. What location are the Nazgul searching for that is secret to them and to Sauron where the person who has the one ring comes from?
5. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)