|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
2. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
3. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(b) Kisses his wife
(c) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
(d) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
4. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
(a) It heals and makes things appear whole again
(b) It is fragil
(c) It brings your true love
(d) It brings good fortune and healing powers
5. Which two of the Istari will have a rivalry that ends in the fall of one of them?
(a) White and Grey
(b) Grey and Rainbow
(c) Blue and Red
(d) White and Red
6. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
(a) The gods of old
(b) The sun
(c) A pie pan
(d) An eagle
7. Who is it that saves Gollum from starving to death in while he was in the Moria mines?
(b) Nine Walkers
8. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
(a) His desire for the ring
(b) He was busy on Tuesday
(c) His work for Sauron
(d) His hatred of Gandalf
9. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
(a) Pipe smoking
(c) Playing the flute
10. With what race do the Drugs live with?
11. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
(a) Enderhil's true love
(b) Daughter of the king, Idril
(d) Son of the king, Amroth
12. What is Enerdhil's trade?
(a) Jewel smith
(c) Stone carver
13. What did Saruman seize as his own?
(b) The Elessar
14. What does Isildur send his squire away with when Isildur realizes he may not be able to get out alive?
(a) His sword Narsil that killed Sauron
(b) His sons
(c) A letter to his wife
(d) His family ring
15. What happens to Isildur's troops after thirty days of traveling?
(a) Sauron attacks
(b) They fall suddenly ill
(c) They are attacked by orcs
(d) They reach the Dead Marshes
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
2. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
3. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
4. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
5. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)