Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(c) King Theoden
(d) Bilbo Baggins
2. Who does Gandalf think could help kill Smaug?
3. How does Isildur die?
(a) Orc arrows shoot him in the heart and throat
(b) His son kills him
(c) The ring drives him mad
(d) He is swallowed by a large dragon
4. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(b) Kisses his wife
(c) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
(d) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
5. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
6. Where does Nimrodel become lost?
(a) Dense forest
(b) Orc camp
(c) Great Sea
(d) Ered Nimrais mountains
7. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
(a) The crackling noises
(b) The stench
(c) The fear they cast
(d) The chill that surrounds them
8. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
(c) Bilbo Baggins
9. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
(a) Amon Anwar is burned
(b) Amon Anwar's mound is removed
(c) They have a party
(d) Elendil's grave is moved
10. What does Gandalf need to find a way to deal with?
11. What does Gandalf agree to in order that the hobbit is able to accompany the dwarfs?
(a) Gandalf goes along also
(b) Gandalf reads their futures
(c) Gandalf cooks them a hearty meal
(d) Gandalf gives them magical items
12. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
(a) They fear daylight
(b) They are unable to feel emotion
(c) They love to wear shoes
(d) They fear water
13. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(b) Dead Marshes
14. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
(a) Pipe smoking
(c) Playing the flute
15. What is Enerdhil's trade?
(b) Jewel smith
(c) Stone carver
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
2. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
3. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
4. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
5. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)