|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sauron sends the Nazgul to look for the ring what does Sauron hope to make their mission look to be?
(a) To attack the leader of the elves
(b) To fight in the coming war
(c) To assist Saruman
(d) To plan a coming out ball for Sauron
2. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
(d) Eorl at Rohan
3. What about the Istari made it clear that they were not human?
(a) They spoke with their thought only
(b) They could fly
(c) They did not age
(d) They had no eyes
4. What do the Wainriders become obsessed with planning?
(a) Rohan's ascension
(b) Sauron's demise
(c) Gondor's fall
(d) Alliances with neighboring kingdom's
5. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
(a) It heals and makes things appear whole again
(b) It brings your true love
(c) It is fragil
(d) It brings good fortune and healing powers
6. What location are the Nazgul searching for that is secret to them and to Sauron where the person who has the one ring comes from?
(d) The Shire
7. Who does Gandalf meet that tells Galdalf they wish to kill Smaug?
(a) Thorin Oakenshield
(d) Bilbo Baggins
8. What does Gandalf have that convinces the dwarfs of his sincerity?
(a) A blade made by a dwarf
(b) A piece of jewlery made by an ancient dwarf
(c) An apple
(d) A map and a key
9. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
(b) Playing the flute
(d) Pipe smoking
10. What was it that appeared that caused Nimrodel to agree to leave and marry Amroth?
(a) A Balrog
(c) A band of orcs
(d) A wraith
11. What happens to Ondoher and his son when the Wainriders attack?
(a) They are killed
(b) They retreat
(c) They are taken prisoner
(d) They scream
12. Why did the Lord of the Nazgul leave the Wormtongue alive?
(a) In the hopes it would harm Saruman
(b) He pittied the creature
(c) Because it could sense Gollum
(d) It had struck a deal
13. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
(a) They love to wear shoes
(b) They are unable to feel emotion
(c) They fear daylight
(d) They fear water
14. What does Gandalf need to find a way to deal with?
15. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
(a) His work for Sauron
(b) He was busy on Tuesday
(c) His hatred of Gandalf
(d) His desire for the ring
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
2. What are the Wainriders begin doing when they feel the battle is won?
3. Who does Sauron hears has captured Gollum?
4. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
5. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)