|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
(a) Ancient battles took place here
(b) Only the king can live there
(c) Place of worship
(d) Westernmost beacon
2. Who is it thought that the men who were going to attack Gondor most likely kin to?
3. What did Saruman seize as his own?
(a) The Elessar
4. Where is it that Gollum was able to loose the servants of Sauron?
(b) Dead Marshes
5. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
6. What does Isildur send his squire away with when Isildur realizes he may not be able to get out alive?
(a) His family ring
(b) His sons
(c) A letter to his wife
(d) His sword Narsil that killed Sauron
7. Who is it that rides Shadowfax and takes messages from the king to Grimbold and Elfhelm
8. What craft do the Drugs possess that they are well known for?
(a) Metal working
(b) Fighting and fencing
(c) Singing ballads
(d) Carving in wood and stone
9. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
10. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
(b) His father
(c) His son
(d) His most loyal advisor
11. What did Cirdan give the Istari he considered the most powerful?
(a) The one ring
(b) The fifth ring of power
(c) A fancy hat
(d) The third ring of power
12. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
(a) To have the one ring for himself
(b) To build a retirement home
(c) To learn of their ancient ways
(d) To lay a trap for Gollum
13. What happens when Isildur tries to swim across the river?
(a) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(b) He looses the ring
(c) He looses his way
(d) He forges how to swim
14. What happens to Isildur's troops after thirty days of traveling?
(a) They fall suddenly ill
(b) They reach the Dead Marshes
(c) Sauron attacks
(d) They are attacked by orcs
15. What does Gandalf agree to in order that the hobbit is able to accompany the dwarfs?
(a) Gandalf goes along also
(b) Gandalf reads their futures
(c) Gandalf cooks them a hearty meal
(d) Gandalf gives them magical items
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Nimrodel and Amroth cross over on the way to a land of peace?
2. Who is the leader of the Wizards?
3. What happens if a carving that a Drug creates is injured?
4. What are the Wainriders begin doing when they feel the battle is won?
5. What did the Istari resemble?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)