|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the battle of the Fords who does Saruman tell the troops to kill at all cost?
2. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
(a) The crackling noises
(b) The stench
(c) The chill that surrounds them
(d) The fear they cast
3. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
4. How does Isildur die?
(a) His son kills him
(b) Orc arrows shoot him in the heart and throat
(c) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(d) The ring drives him mad
5. Where does Cirion turn when Gondor is in trouble despite the distance and trouble getting carriers through?
(b) Eorl at Rohan
6. Where does Cirion declare will be the meeting place?
(a) Amon Anwar
(d) The Shire
7. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
(a) His desire for the ring
(b) His work for Sauron
(c) His hatred of Gandalf
(d) He was busy on Tuesday
8. How many of the Istari came to the land of men and elves?
9. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(a) Bilbo Baggins
(c) King Theoden
10. What are the Wainriders begin doing when they feel the battle is won?
(a) Getting drunk
(b) Singing songs
(c) Throwing down their weapons
(d) Gathering spoils of war
11. What did Cirdan give the Istari he considered the most powerful?
(a) A fancy hat
(b) The third ring of power
(c) The one ring
(d) The fifth ring of power
12. Who does Sauron hears has captured Gollum?
13. What does Elendur beg his father to do when they are surrounded by the enemy?
(a) Put the ring on and escape
(b) Throw the ring away
(c) Swallow the ring
(d) Give the ring to the enemy
14. What happens when Eorl and his troops begin their journey that frightens them for a moment?
(a) They are covered in a white mist
(b) They hear strange noises
(c) They are covered in locust
(d) They hear the enemy
15. What does Gandalf do that he picked up at the Shire which Saruman describes as a toy?
(b) Pipe smoking
(c) Playing the flute
Short Answer Questions
1. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
2. What does Gandalf agree to in order that the hobbit is able to accompany the dwarfs?
3. What will Saruman believe is Gandalf's intention in befriending those from the Shire?
4. What is done after the tradition set forth by Isildur is broken at Amon Anwar?
5. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)