|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the six different messengers make it to Gondor?
2. How are the Drugs described?
(a) Small and petite
(b) Haggard and worn
(c) Short and stout
(d) Tall and willowy
3. What do the dwarfs think when they realize it is a hobbit that Gandalf wants to have help them defeat the dragon?
(a) They are mad that Gandalf thinks they need any help
(b) They are glad to have the extra help
(c) They don't have an opinion about it
(d) They think Gandalf is making fun of their size
4. How many is Isildur's sons are traveling with him home?
5. What is Halifirien's significance to Gondor?
(a) Westernmost beacon
(b) Only the king can live there
(c) Place of worship
(d) Ancient battles took place here
6. What is Enerdhil's trade?
(b) Stone carver
(c) Jewel smith
7. What does Amroth see that causes him to jump over the side of the ship?
(c) The one ring
8. What does Isildur do when he returns home from the great war?
(a) Kisses his wife
(b) Holds a feast to mourn those dead
(c) Holds a feast to celebrate their victory
(d) Puts the tomb of Elendil upon Amon Anwar
9. With Elendil's grave gone what is the new name of Amon Anwar?
(a) Holy Mount or Halifirien
(b) Great History or Histrofirien
(c) Great Mound or Halofraden
(d) Tourist Park
10. What reason caused Saruman to stop cooperating with the Council?
(a) His work for Sauron
(b) His hatred of Gandalf
(c) His desire for the ring
(d) He was busy on Tuesday
11. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
(b) The Shire
12. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
(a) Cirion and Eorl
(b) Isildur's son
13. Who had Saruman been mistaken for while he was secretly visiting the Shire?
(a) King Theoden
(c) Bilbo Baggins
14. Why does Nimrodel refuse to marry Amroth?
(a) Amroth's herritage
(b) Amroth is a warrior
(c) Her father disapproves
(d) Nimrodel is to young
15. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
(a) Saruman is a traitor to both sides
(b) Saruman is less powerful than either of these
(c) Saruman has seen a vision
(d) Saruman owes them both money
Short Answer Questions
1. With what race do the Drugs live with?
2. Which of these is true of the Ringwraiths?
3. Without another mind what were the Palantiri stones limited to showing?
4. Who did Eorl take counsel with to decide if he was going to come to Gondor's aid?
5. What two plannings does King Calimehatar learn that the Northmen and the Wainriders are going to attempt at the same time?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)