|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who defeats Grima and frees the king?
2. What two words did Gollum supposedly give Sauron?
(a) Baggins and Gandalf
(b) Shire and Ring
(c) Shire and Baggins
(d) Tuesday and Dancing
3. What do Eorl and Cirion agree to part in?
4. What can the Nazgul not disguise while they are searching in secret for the one ring?
(a) The stench
(b) The crackling noises
(c) The fear they cast
(d) The chill that surrounds them
5. What happened when a Drug made a carving of his father out of stone and then sat in meditation next to it?
(a) He became part of the wall
(b) The Drug was hit to test the stone
(c) Both were thought to be stone
(d) Orcs came to destroy the carvings
6. Who does Enderhil first give the Elessar to?
(a) Enderhil's true love
(b) Daughter of the king, Idril
(d) Son of the king, Amroth
7. Where does Saruman decide to visit because of Gandalf's interest in the place?
(a) The Shire
8. What did Ondoher do to his forces when the Wainriders attempt to carry out their plan's for Gondor's destruction?
(a) Set them at four different corners
(b) Gave them a rousing good speach
(c) Divided them into two groups
(d) Gave them dangerous new weapons
9. Which character meddles with the Palantiri while with Gandalf?
(a) Bilbo Baggins
10. What is at Amon Anwar?
(a) Cirion's family grave site
(b) An ant hill
(c) The place Elendil was born
(d) The grave of Elendil
11. What is the wood at Halifirien called?
(a) The Burning Wood
(b) The Serenity Wood
(c) The Whispering Wood
(d) The Singing Wood
12. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
13. Where does Cirion declare will be the meeting place?
(b) The Shire
(c) Amon Anwar
14. Who is it that breaks the tradition of Amon Anwar that Isildur began?
(b) Isildur's son
(c) Cirion and Eorl
15. What did Galadriel ask for that caused Celebrimor to make a second Elessar in one of the endings of the Elessar tale?
(a) Trees and Grass
(b) A fabulous jewel
(c) Her pain gone
(d) An ability to see things whole
Short Answer Questions
1. Who controls King Theoden's mind?
2. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
3. What does Grimbold see happening but is to late to stop?
4. Who is the strongest of the Wizards order?
5. What does Cirion do to Eorl?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)