|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
(a) The stars
(b) The sea
2. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Building their home high in the trees
(b) Secrecy and Silence
(d) Planting traps near the village
3. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Flips a coin
(b) Kills their leader
(c) Kills the most orcs
(d) Shows his family crest
4. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
5. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
(a) Turin throws up
(b) Turin falls into a trance
(c) Turin finds a ring belonging to Finduilas
(d) Turin begins to weap and morn
6. What occurrence makes Meneldur decide it is time for Aldarion to take the throne?
(a) Aldarion turns 21
(b) Meneldur takes ill
(c) a fued at court
(d) a possible war
7. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Kill Glaurung
(b) Find the ring of power
(c) Fly on a giant moth
(d) Kill Morgoth
8. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
(a) The court of Thingol
(b) To Morwen's family home
(c) On vacation
(d) South away from Brooda's control
9. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
(a) His supper
(b) His ideas on theology
(c) His dwelling
(d) His gold
10. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) House of Sauron
(b) Gandalf's Staff
(c) Gate of Noldor
(d) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
11. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(b) Androg will bury his own son some day
(c) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(d) Androg will get warts on his feet
12. The first king listed, Elros Tar-Minyatur, stayed unwed until what age?
(a) Sixty years old
(b) Four hundred and fourty two years old
(c) Five hundred years old
(d) Ninety years old
13. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Makes Turin a page
(b) Takes Turin as his foster son
(c) Gives Turin his own horse
(d) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
14. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(b) Turin is banished
(c) Turin is sentenced to death
(d) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
15. When Turin saves the men of Brethil from the orcs what does he tell them his trade is?
(a) A traveling musician
(b) A hunter
(c) An orc slayer
(d) A son of a king
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
2. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
3. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
4. What was the building used for that was built on Forostar?
5. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)