Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(a) Blissfully ignorant
(b) Under a spell
2. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maid of Tears
(b) Maiden Found
(c) Made of Tears
(d) Maiden of Hope
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is captured
(b) Beleg is cooked
(c) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
(d) Beleg is killed
4. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Fell off his horse
(b) Died in battle
(c) Died of illness
(d) Joined with the dwarven army
5. How do people travel on Numenor?
6. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is kidnapped by orcs
(b) She dies from an illness
(c) She is lost in the woods
(d) She stubs her toe
7. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Fly on a giant moth
(b) Kill Glaurung
(c) Kill Morgoth
(d) Find the ring of power
8. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
(a) He is turned into an orc
(b) He is taken prisoner
(c) He is shaved bald
(d) He is tortured and killed
9. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
10. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Brethil's borders
(b) Berthil's worship mound
(c) Finduilas' grave
(d) an orc camp
11. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) To protect her
(b) He finds a pink sea snail
(c) He finds his mother
(d) He is called by his king
12. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had a cramp
(b) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(c) Morgoth was coming
(d) Turambar had killed Glaurung
13. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(b) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(c) Low blood-sugar
(d) Magic words Glaurung spoke
14. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) She wouldn't want him with her
(b) It is to good a death for him
(c) He loved the sea to much
(d) It would defile them
15. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The ingredient in the special sauce
(b) The secret location of Gondolin
(c) The location of the one ring
(d) The person who is helping Rohan
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
2. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
3. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
4. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
5. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)