|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are allergic to them
(b) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(c) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
2. What does Sauron convince Celebrimbor and the other craftsmen to do for him?
(a) Create the rings of power
(b) Loose his bonds
(c) Serve his dark purposes
(d) Make a great sword
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
(b) Beleg is killed
(c) Beleg is captured
(d) Beleg is cooked
4. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) Gate of Noldor
(b) Gandalf's Staff
(c) House of Sauron
(d) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
5. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The orc smell will kill them all
(b) The village will be discovered
(c) The cattle will all be killed
(d) The evil eye will be able to find them
6. What does Aldarion's mother hope will get her son to stop thinking of the sea?
(a) a good horse
(b) a job in the royal courts
(c) a smart talking to
(d) a wife
7. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is captured and taken to Sauron
(b) She is eaten
(c) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(d) She runs naked into the woods
8. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His sword and his shield
(b) His courage and his voice
(c) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(d) His cape and has fighting skills
9. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
(a) They agree to be friends
(b) Saeros is banished
(c) Turin stabs him with a sword
(d) Saeros jumps to his death
10. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He finds a pink sea snail
(b) He finds his mother
(c) To protect her
(d) He is called by his king
11. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
(a) Bury it
(b) Stuff it
(c) Burn it
(d) Ban the area where it lies
12. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
13. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(b) Turin is sentenced to death
(c) Turin is banished
(d) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
14. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That her children are magicians
(b) That she is a witch
(c) That she has an incurable rash
(d) That she is a qeen
15. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Breastplate of Hador
(b) An Apple Pie of Hador
(c) The Insignia of Hador
(d) The Helm of Hador
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
2. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
3. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
4. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)