|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) To tell him news of his mother
(b) To give him a sock he left
(c) Thingol has taken ill
(d) To offer a pardon
2. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) Men to protect her
(b) A cell phone
(c) A horse
(d) A magical sword
3. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His clothes
(b) His sack
(c) His comb
(d) His son
4. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(a) Blissfully ignorant
(d) Under a spell
5. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Because of Turambar's courage
(b) The people listen to Turambar
(c) Brandir is ill
(d) Brandir loves Turambar
6. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
(a) Bury it
(b) Stuff it
(c) Burn it
(d) Ban the area where it lies
7. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maid of Tears
(b) Made of Tears
(c) Maiden Found
(d) Maiden of Hope
8. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) Gate of Noldor
(b) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
(c) Gandalf's Staff
(d) House of Sauron
9. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) They had a dream revealing it
(b) Sauron can't go there
(c) They flipped a coin
(d) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
10. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The person who is helping Rohan
(b) The location of the one ring
(c) The secret location of Gondolin
(d) The ingredient in the special sauce
11. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
(a) Spits on Brandir
(b) Jumps off the same cliff
(c) Stabs the dragon's dead body
(d) Kills Brandir
12. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(a) Orc Kin
(b) Something to eat
(d) The Boogeyman
13. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The cattle will all be killed
(b) The village will be discovered
(c) The orc smell will kill them all
(d) The evil eye will be able to find them
14. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(c) An ancient dragon language
(d) Incoherent babble
15. What realm do Galadriel and Celeborn establish?
(c) Middle Earth
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
2. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
3. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
4. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
5. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)