|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
(b) Makes Turin a page
(c) Takes Turin as his foster son
(d) Gives Turin his own horse
2. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Kills her
(b) Erases all her memories
(c) Turns her into a toad
(d) Removes her ability to speak
3. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
(b) Beleg is captured
(c) Beleg is killed
(d) Beleg is cooked
4. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Shaves his head
(b) Changes his name
(c) Cuts out one of his eyes
(d) Throws away all his possessions
5. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
(a) Turambar levitates
(b) A wraith appears
(c) Glaurung opens his eyes and speaks to Niniel
(d) Glaurung stands up
6. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) His parent's were divorcing
(b) It is the custom and desire of the house
(c) Seeking safety from the coming war
(d) To begin his training as king
7. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(b) Androg will get warts on his feet
(c) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(d) Androg will bury his own son some day
8. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
9. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin is banished
(b) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(c) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(d) Turin is sentenced to death
10. What was the building used for that was built on Forostar?
(a) Observing the Stars
(b) Compiling maps of the world
(c) Studing Magical Arts
(d) Teaching macrame
11. What does Sauron convince Celebrimbor and the other craftsmen to do for him?
(a) Create the rings of power
(b) Loose his bonds
(c) Serve his dark purposes
(d) Make a great sword
12. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Defecates on Brooda's throne
(b) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(c) Sets the hall on fire
(d) Commits suicide
13. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Leave the village
(b) Kill Glaurung herself
(c) Marry Brandir
(d) Kill herself
14. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The orc smell will kill them all
(b) The cattle will all be killed
(c) The village will be discovered
(d) The evil eye will be able to find them
15. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(d) Morwen's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
2. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
3. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
4. What does Erendis choose to do when Aldarion returns to take the throne?
5. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)