|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Berthil's worship mound
(b) Finduilas' grave
(c) an orc camp
(d) Brethil's borders
2. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(b) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(c) Turin is banished
(d) Turin is sentenced to death
3. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Made of Tears
(b) Maiden of Hope
(c) Maiden Found
(d) Maid of Tears
4. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Cuts out one of his eyes
(b) Shaves his head
(c) Throws away all his possessions
(d) Changes his name
5. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(a) The Boogeyman
(b) Something to eat
(c) Orc Kin
6. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
(a) To Morwen's family home
(b) On vacation
(c) The court of Thingol
(d) South away from Brooda's control
7. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
(a) The stars
(c) The sea
8. What was the building used for that was built on Forostar?
(a) Compiling maps of the world
(b) Teaching macrame
(c) Studing Magical Arts
(d) Observing the Stars
9. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
(a) He is tortured and killed
(b) He is turned into an orc
(c) He is taken prisoner
(d) He is shaved bald
10. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
(a) Erendis hates men
(b) Aldarion had wanted a girl
(c) The child is betrothed to a neighboring prince
(d) Aldarion will stay to concieve a son
11. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(a) A fair and just king
(c) The mightiest
(d) The best
12. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
(a) She had spies
(b) She was forced to marry Brooda
(c) She had won the lottery
(d) She was magical
13. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had a cramp
(b) Morgoth was coming
(c) Turambar had killed Glaurung
(d) Glaurung had killed Turambar
14. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The ingredient in the special sauce
(b) The location of the one ring
(c) The person who is helping Rohan
(d) The secret location of Gondolin
15. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(b) She is captured and taken to Sauron
(c) She is eaten
(d) She runs naked into the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
2. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
3. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
4. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)