|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
2. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) Seeking safety from the coming war
(b) His parent's were divorcing
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
3. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
(a) Stabs the dragon's dead body
(b) Spits on Brandir
(c) Jumps off the same cliff
(d) Kills Brandir
4. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
(a) A beautiful forest
(c) The city dump
(d) Vast crops
5. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
(a) Died of fright
(b) Killed himself
(c) Ran away
(d) Sided with the dragon
6. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Eats poison
(b) Falls upon Turin's sword
(c) Marries Brandir
(d) Jumps off a cliff
7. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Brandir loves Turambar
(b) The people listen to Turambar
(c) Because of Turambar's courage
(d) Brandir is ill
8. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
9. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
(a) He is taken prisoner
(b) He is tortured and killed
(c) He is shaved bald
(d) He is turned into an orc
10. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
(a) They have caused him pain
(b) They have cost him his family
(c) They are unknown to him
(d) They have been evil
11. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Died in battle
(b) Joined with the dwarven army
(c) Fell off his horse
(d) Died of illness
12. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Breastplate of Hador
(b) The Insignia of Hador
(c) An Apple Pie of Hador
(d) The Helm of Hador
13. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) Low blood-sugar
(b) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(c) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(d) Magic words Glaurung spoke
14. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is lost in the woods
(b) She stubs her toe
(c) She is kidnapped by orcs
(d) She dies from an illness
15. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(b) She is eaten
(c) She is captured and taken to Sauron
(d) She runs naked into the woods
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
2. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
3. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
4. How does Niniel view Brandir despite the fact that he loves her?
5. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)