|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(b) Morwen's brother
2. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) The character's stories are hard to follow
(b) The story wasn't finished
(c) There are inconsistencies
(d) The other characters that they encounter
3. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Shows his family crest
(b) Kills the most orcs
(c) Kills their leader
(d) Flips a coin
4. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(b) Orc Kin
(c) Something to eat
(d) The Boogeyman
5. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He is called by his king
(b) He finds a pink sea snail
(c) He finds his mother
(d) To protect her
6. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(b) Low blood-sugar
(c) Magic words Glaurung spoke
(d) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
7. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Slaps Brooda's face
(b) Spits in Brooda's face
(c) Breaks Brooda's neck
(d) Runs Brooda through with a sword
8. What does the death of Glaurung do to Niniel?
(b) Makes her feel his pain
(c) Forces her into a deep sleep
(d) Returns her memories as Nienor
9. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Brandir loves Turambar
(b) Brandir is ill
(c) The people listen to Turambar
(d) Because of Turambar's courage
10. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) It is to good a death for him
(b) She wouldn't want him with her
(c) He loved the sea to much
(d) It would defile them
11. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is pregnant
(b) Morwen won't leave her home
(c) Morwen is ashamed of running
(d) Morwen is lazy
12. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(a) The best
(b) The mightiest
(c) A fair and just king
13. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) They flipped a coin
(b) They had a dream revealing it
(c) Sauron can't go there
(d) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
14. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Building their home high in the trees
(c) Planting traps near the village
(d) Secrecy and Silence
15. Why does Saeros dislike Turin and torment him?
(a) Turin is a human
(b) Turin dishonored Saeros
(c) Turin sucks his thumb
(d) Saeros believes Turin cheated in a game
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
2. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
3. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
4. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
5. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)