|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) The other characters that they encounter
(b) The story wasn't finished
(c) There are inconsistencies
(d) The character's stories are hard to follow
2. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) It is unknown
(b) They began to live longer lives
(c) Thier life span more than doubled
(d) They began to live shorter lives
3. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen won't leave her home
(b) Morwen is lazy
(c) Morwen is ashamed of running
(d) Morwen is pregnant
4. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Shaves his head
(b) Throws away all his possessions
(c) Changes his name
(d) Cuts out one of his eyes
5. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Marry Brandir
(b) Kill herself
(c) Kill Glaurung herself
(d) Leave the village
6. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
(d) Lower Lumbar
7. Who does Turin find that convinces him that it was Nienor that he had married?
8. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) To offer a pardon
(b) To give him a sock he left
(c) Thingol has taken ill
(d) To tell him news of his mother
9. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are looking for him
(b) His promise to Niniel
(c) The orcs are many in number
(d) He has a bad back
10. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) He loved the sea to much
(b) She wouldn't want him with her
(c) It is to good a death for him
(d) It would defile them
11. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is lost in the woods
(b) She dies from an illness
(c) She is kidnapped by orcs
(d) She stubs her toe
12. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Fell off his horse
(b) Died of illness
(c) Joined with the dwarven army
(d) Died in battle
13. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(a) Blissfully ignorant
(b) Under a spell
14. How do people travel on Numenor?
15. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His courage and his voice
(b) His cape and has fighting skills
(c) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(d) His sword and his shield
Short Answer Questions
1. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
2. Who is it after that Turin model's his desire to be a soldier?
3. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
4. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)