|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) They began to live shorter lives
(b) Thier life span more than doubled
(c) It is unknown
(d) They began to live longer lives
2. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is kidnapped by orcs
(b) She dies from an illness
(c) She stubs her toe
(d) She is lost in the woods
3. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate
(b) The Gate of Gold
(c) The Pearly Gates
(d) The Gate of Silver
4. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
(a) A beautiful forest
(b) Vast crops
(c) The city dump
5. What was the building used for that was built on Forostar?
(a) Compiling maps of the world
(b) Observing the Stars
(c) Studing Magical Arts
(d) Teaching macrame
6. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) It is to good a death for him
(b) He loved the sea to much
(c) She wouldn't want him with her
(d) It would defile them
7. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(b) Magic words Glaurung spoke
(c) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(d) Low blood-sugar
8. Who is it after that Turin model's his desire to be a soldier?
9. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His sack
(b) His comb
(c) His clothes
(d) His son
10. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
(b) Beleg is cooked
(c) Beleg is killed
(d) Beleg is captured
11. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(a) The best
(b) A fair and just king
(c) The mightiest
12. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Breaks Brooda's neck
(b) Spits in Brooda's face
(c) Slaps Brooda's face
(d) Runs Brooda through with a sword
13. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
(a) Bury it
(b) Ban the area where it lies
(c) Stuff it
(d) Burn it
14. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(b) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
15. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(b) Under a spell
(c) Blissfully ignorant
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
2. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
3. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
4. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
5. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)