|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin can never move
(b) Hurin is burning
(c) Hurin will never die
(d) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
2. What happens to Celebrimbor when he stands up to Sauron?
(a) He is tortured and killed
(b) He is taken prisoner
(c) He is shaved bald
(d) He is turned into an orc
3. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(a) An ancient dragon language
(b) Incoherent babble
4. Why does Saeros dislike Turin and torment him?
(a) Turin is a human
(b) Turin sucks his thumb
(c) Saeros believes Turin cheated in a game
(d) Turin dishonored Saeros
5. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
(a) Burn it
(b) Ban the area where it lies
(c) Bury it
(d) Stuff it
6. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
(a) They have been evil
(b) They have caused him pain
(c) They have cost him his family
(d) They are unknown to him
7. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Jumps off a cliff
(b) Falls upon Turin's sword
(c) Eats poison
(d) Marries Brandir
8. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The evil eye will be able to find them
(b) The orc smell will kill them all
(c) The village will be discovered
(d) The cattle will all be killed
9. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His comb
(b) His sack
(c) His son
(d) His clothes
10. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Insignia of Hador
(b) The Breastplate of Hador
(c) The Helm of Hador
(d) An Apple Pie of Hador
11. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(b) Morgoth was coming
(c) Glaurung had a cramp
(d) Turambar had killed Glaurung
12. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(b) A fair and just king
(c) The best
(d) The mightiest
13. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) They began to live shorter lives
(b) They began to live longer lives
(c) Thier life span more than doubled
(d) It is unknown
14. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(b) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
15. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
(c) Santa's Elves
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
2. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
3. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
4. When Turin saves the men of Brethil from the orcs what does he tell them his trade is?
5. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)