|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erendis choose to do when Aldarion returns to take the throne?
(a) To take her daughter and run
(b) To return to court and become queen
(c) To remain in solitude
(d) To rebuild her family's home
2. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Slaps Brooda's face
(b) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(c) Breaks Brooda's neck
(d) Spits in Brooda's face
3. How do people travel on Numenor?
4. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) His parent's were divorcing
(b) To begin his training as king
(c) Seeking safety from the coming war
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
5. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Chasing the women
(b) Watching the night sky
(c) Being at sea
(d) Riding horses
6. When Turin saves the men of Brethil from the orcs what does he tell them his trade is?
(a) A hunter
(b) A traveling musician
(c) An orc slayer
(d) A son of a king
7. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
(a) It had evil gnomes
(b) It was used for crops
(c) It contained deadly animals
(d) It was a place of worship
8. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(b) Incoherent babble
(d) An ancient dragon language
9. Who is it after that Turin model's his desire to be a soldier?
10. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(b) Morwen's brother
11. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That she is a qeen
(b) That she is a witch
(c) That she has an incurable rash
(d) That her children are magicians
12. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
(a) He is called by his king
(b) To protect her
(c) He finds a pink sea snail
(d) He finds his mother
13. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
(a) His gold
(b) His ideas on theology
(c) His supper
(d) His dwelling
14. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Kill Morgoth
(b) Fly on a giant moth
(c) Kill Glaurung
(d) Find the ring of power
15. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(b) Hurin will never die
(c) Hurin is burning
(d) Hurin can never move
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
2. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
3. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
4. What does Aldarion's mother hope will get her son to stop thinking of the sea?
5. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)