|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(b) The Boogeyman
(c) Something to eat
(d) Orc Kin
2. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin is banished
(b) Turin is sentenced to death
(c) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(d) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
3. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Makes Turin a page
(b) Gives Turin his own horse
(c) Takes Turin as his foster son
(d) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(b) Hurin can never move
(c) Hurin is burning
(d) Hurin will never die
5. How does Niniel view Brandir despite the fact that he loves her?
(a) That he is silly
(b) That he is a brother
(c) That he is callouse
(d) That he is very ugly
6. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Building their home high in the trees
(b) Secrecy and Silence
(d) Planting traps near the village
7. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) There are inconsistencies
(b) The character's stories are hard to follow
(c) The other characters that they encounter
(d) The story wasn't finished
8. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The location of the one ring
(b) The secret location of Gondolin
(c) The person who is helping Rohan
(d) The ingredient in the special sauce
9. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(b) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(c) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(d) Because men are allergic to them
10. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She dies from an illness
(b) She is lost in the woods
(c) She is kidnapped by orcs
(d) She stubs her toe
11. What is done with the Three rings?
(a) Given to the elves
(b) Burried in a secret place
(c) Given to Hobbits
(d) Thrown into the volcano
12. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Leave the village
(b) Kill Glaurung herself
(c) Marry Brandir
(d) Kill herself
13. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
(a) Stabs the dragon's dead body
(b) Jumps off the same cliff
(c) Spits on Brandir
(d) Kills Brandir
14. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Kills their leader
(b) Kills the most orcs
(c) Flips a coin
(d) Shows his family crest
15. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Finduilas' grave
(b) Berthil's worship mound
(c) Brethil's borders
(d) an orc camp
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
2. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
3. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
4. The first king listed, Elros Tar-Minyatur, stayed unwed until what age?
5. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)