|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) It would defile them
(b) It is to good a death for him
(c) He loved the sea to much
(d) She wouldn't want him with her
2. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is lazy
(b) Morwen won't leave her home
(c) Morwen is ashamed of running
(d) Morwen is pregnant
3. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
(c) Santa's Elves
4. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(b) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(c) Androg will get warts on his feet
(d) Androg will bury his own son some day
5. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Kill Glaurung
(b) Fly on a giant moth
(c) Kill Morgoth
(d) Find the ring of power
6. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is captured and taken to Sauron
(b) She is eaten
(c) She runs naked into the woods
(d) She is wounded by an orc arrow
7. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
(a) Turambar levitates
(b) Glaurung opens his eyes and speaks to Niniel
(c) Glaurung stands up
(d) A wraith appears
8. Where does Turambar stab Glaurung?
(c) Lower Lumbar
9. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Breaks Brooda's neck
(b) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(c) Slaps Brooda's face
(d) Spits in Brooda's face
10. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
(a) Erendis hates men
(b) Aldarion had wanted a girl
(c) Aldarion will stay to concieve a son
(d) The child is betrothed to a neighboring prince
11. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's love for war
(b) Turambar's lowly station in life
(c) Turambar's lack of courage
(d) Turambar's other wives
12. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are looking for him
(b) His promise to Niniel
(c) He has a bad back
(d) The orcs are many in number
13. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
14. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
(a) Sixty years
(b) One hundred and fourty eight years
(c) One year
(d) One hundred years
15. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Erases all her memories
(b) Kills her
(c) Removes her ability to speak
(d) Turns her into a toad
Short Answer Questions
1. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
2. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
3. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
5. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)