|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the building used for that was built on Forostar?
(a) Studing Magical Arts
(b) Observing the Stars
(c) Compiling maps of the world
(d) Teaching macrame
2. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Cuts out one of his eyes
(b) Shaves his head
(c) Changes his name
(d) Throws away all his possessions
3. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(b) An ancient dragon language
(c) Incoherent babble
4. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Eats poison
(b) Jumps off a cliff
(c) Marries Brandir
(d) Falls upon Turin's sword
5. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) Gate of Noldor
(b) Gandalf's Staff
(c) House of Sauron
(d) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
6. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) A magical wraith
(b) The dragon still alive
(c) The dragon's body has disappeared
(d) Turin is alive
7. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Spits in Brooda's face
(b) Slaps Brooda's face
(c) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(d) Breaks Brooda's neck
8. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
(a) Aldarion had wanted a girl
(b) Erendis hates men
(c) The child is betrothed to a neighboring prince
(d) Aldarion will stay to concieve a son
9. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maid of Tears
(b) Maiden of Hope
(c) Made of Tears
(d) Maiden Found
10. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
(a) He lost a bet
(b) Androg couldn't go on with them
(c) Because Turin got angry
(d) Because he shot Mim's son
11. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) It is the custom and desire of the house
(b) His parent's were divorcing
(c) Seeking safety from the coming war
(d) To begin his training as king
12. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) The other characters that they encounter
(b) The character's stories are hard to follow
(c) The story wasn't finished
(d) There are inconsistencies
13. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Riding horses
(b) Chasing the women
(c) Being at sea
(d) Watching the night sky
14. What does Aldarion's mother hope will get her son to stop thinking of the sea?
(a) a good horse
(b) a smart talking to
(c) a job in the royal courts
(d) a wife
15. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Insignia of Hador
(b) The Breastplate of Hador
(c) An Apple Pie of Hador
(d) The Helm of Hador
Short Answer Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
2. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
3. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
4. Who does Turin find that convinces him that it was Nienor that he had married?
5. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)