|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(b) Androg will bury his own son some day
(c) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(d) Androg will get warts on his feet
2. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Brethil's borders
(b) an orc camp
(c) Finduilas' grave
(d) Berthil's worship mound
3. What does Erendis choose to do when Aldarion returns to take the throne?
(a) To rebuild her family's home
(b) To remain in solitude
(c) To take her daughter and run
(d) To return to court and become queen
4. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
(a) Turin throws up
(b) Turin finds a ring belonging to Finduilas
(c) Turin begins to weap and morn
(d) Turin falls into a trance
5. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
6. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
(a) Spits on Brandir
(b) Kills Brandir
(c) Jumps off the same cliff
(d) Stabs the dragon's dead body
7. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Watching the night sky
(b) Chasing the women
(c) Being at sea
(d) Riding horses
8. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Joined with the dwarven army
(b) Died of illness
(c) Fell off his horse
(d) Died in battle
9. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Kills their leader
(b) Shows his family crest
(c) Kills the most orcs
(d) Flips a coin
10. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) The Insignia of Hador
(b) The Helm of Hador
(c) The Breastplate of Hador
(d) An Apple Pie of Hador
11. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Planting traps near the village
(c) Building their home high in the trees
(d) Secrecy and Silence
12. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are many in number
(b) The orcs are looking for him
(c) He has a bad back
(d) His promise to Niniel
13. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Leave the village
(b) Kill herself
(c) Marry Brandir
(d) Kill Glaurung herself
14. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
(a) Morgoth needs a new wife
(b) Morgoth needs that place for parking
(c) Morgoth's desire that all men will be enslaved
(d) Morgoth believes a ring of power to be in the village
15. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His cape and has fighting skills
(b) His courage and his voice
(c) His sword and his shield
(d) His magic ring and his pet monkey
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
2. What realm do Galadriel and Celeborn establish?
3. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
4. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
5. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)