|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) Turin is alive
(b) A magical wraith
(c) The dragon's body has disappeared
(d) The dragon still alive
2. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
(a) They began to live shorter lives
(b) They began to live longer lives
(c) Thier life span more than doubled
(d) It is unknown
3. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Commits suicide
(b) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(c) Sets the hall on fire
(d) Defecates on Brooda's throne
4. Who does Turin find that convinces him that it was Nienor that he had married?
5. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Spits in Brooda's face
(b) Breaks Brooda's neck
(c) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(d) Slaps Brooda's face
6. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) Seeking safety from the coming war
(b) To begin his training as king
(c) His parent's were divorcing
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
7. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
(a) Saeros is banished
(b) Saeros jumps to his death
(c) Turin stabs him with a sword
(d) They agree to be friends
8. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(a) Morwen's brother
9. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Being at sea
(b) Riding horses
(c) Chasing the women
(d) Watching the night sky
10. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(b) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(c) Magic words Glaurung spoke
(d) Low blood-sugar
11. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(c) Under a spell
(d) Blissfully ignorant
12. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(b) Planting traps near the village
(c) Building their home high in the trees
(d) Secrecy and Silence
13. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
(a) Turambar levitates
(b) Glaurung stands up
(c) Glaurung opens his eyes and speaks to Niniel
(d) A wraith appears
14. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are many in number
(b) He has a bad back
(c) The orcs are looking for him
(d) His promise to Niniel
15. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
(a) Five point star
(c) Six point star
Short Answer Questions
1. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
2. What occurrence makes Meneldur decide it is time for Aldarion to take the throne?
3. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
4. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
5. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)