|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(b) His sword and his shield
(c) His cape and has fighting skills
(d) His courage and his voice
2. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
3. What occurrence makes Meneldur decide it is time for Aldarion to take the throne?
(a) a fued at court
(b) Aldarion turns 21
(c) a possible war
(d) Meneldur takes ill
4. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) Seeking safety from the coming war
(b) His parent's were divorcing
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
5. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(a) Incoherent babble
(c) An ancient dragon language
6. Why does Saeros dislike Turin and torment him?
(a) Turin sucks his thumb
(b) Turin dishonored Saeros
(c) Turin is a human
(d) Saeros believes Turin cheated in a game
7. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
(b) Gate of Noldor
(c) Gandalf's Staff
(d) House of Sauron
8. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Changes his name
(b) Cuts out one of his eyes
(c) Throws away all his possessions
(d) Shaves his head
9. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Kills her
(b) Turns her into a toad
(c) Erases all her memories
(d) Removes her ability to speak
10. The first king listed, Elros Tar-Minyatur, stayed unwed until what age?
(a) Sixty years old
(b) Five hundred years old
(c) Four hundred and fourty two years old
(d) Ninety years old
11. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin is banished
(b) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(c) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(d) Turin is sentenced to death
12. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
13. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
(a) An Apple Pie of Hador
(b) The Helm of Hador
(c) The Breastplate of Hador
(d) The Insignia of Hador
14. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She dies from an illness
(b) She is kidnapped by orcs
(c) She stubs her toe
(d) She is lost in the woods
15. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(a) Something to eat
(c) Orc Kin
(d) The Boogeyman
Short Answer Questions
1. What happen to the age of the Numenoreans when the Shadow came?
2. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
3. What is the thought that makes Erendis happy that their first child is a girl?
4. What is done with the Three rings?
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)