|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
(a) Turin begins to weap and morn
(b) Turin finds a ring belonging to Finduilas
(c) Turin throws up
(d) Turin falls into a trance
2. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Jumps off a cliff
(b) Eats poison
(c) Marries Brandir
(d) Falls upon Turin's sword
3. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) A horse
(b) A cell phone
(c) Men to protect her
(d) A magical sword
4. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) There are inconsistencies
(b) The character's stories are hard to follow
(c) The other characters that they encounter
(d) The story wasn't finished
5. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Being at sea
(b) Watching the night sky
(c) Chasing the women
(d) Riding horses
6. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are allergic to them
(b) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(c) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(d) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
7. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His sack
(b) His clothes
(c) His son
(d) His comb
8. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
(a) Killed himself
(b) Ran away
(c) Died of fright
(d) Sided with the dragon
9. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will never die
(b) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(c) Hurin can never move
(d) Hurin is burning
10. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(b) Morwen's brother
11. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She stubs her toe
(b) She dies from an illness
(c) She is lost in the woods
(d) She is kidnapped by orcs
12. What is it that covers much of Hyarnustar?
(a) Vast crops
(b) A beautiful forest
(c) The city dump
13. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are many in number
(b) He has a bad back
(c) His promise to Niniel
(d) The orcs are looking for him
14. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The location of the one ring
(b) The secret location of Gondolin
(c) The person who is helping Rohan
(d) The ingredient in the special sauce
15. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
(a) Morgoth needs that place for parking
(b) Morgoth's desire that all men will be enslaved
(c) Morgoth needs a new wife
(d) Morgoth believes a ring of power to be in the village
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
2. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
3. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
4. Turambar agrees to not leave Nienil for war except for what condition?
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)