|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
(b) The Boogeyman
(c) Orc Kin
(d) Something to eat
2. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His sack
(b) His clothes
(c) His son
(d) His comb
3. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Fly on a giant moth
(b) Find the ring of power
(c) Kill Morgoth
(d) Kill Glaurung
4. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
(a) Beleg is killed
(b) Beleg is cooked
(c) Beleg is captured
(d) Beleg is dressed up like a girl
5. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(b) She is eaten
(c) She runs naked into the woods
(d) She is captured and taken to Sauron
6. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) His promise to Niniel
(b) The orcs are looking for him
(c) He has a bad back
(d) The orcs are many in number
7. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Androg will get warts on his feet
(b) Androg will bury his own son some day
(c) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(d) To die if he ever picks up another bow
8. What reason does it appear that Galadriel and Celeborn chose the place that they did for the location of Eregion?
(a) Sauron can't go there
(b) They flipped a coin
(c) They had a dream revealing it
(d) The proximity to the Dwarves of Moria
9. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The village will be discovered
(b) The cattle will all be killed
(c) The evil eye will be able to find them
(d) The orc smell will kill them all
10. What does the death of Glaurung do to Niniel?
(b) Forces her into a deep sleep
(c) Makes her feel his pain
(d) Returns her memories as Nienor
11. What language did the kings take their name in as was the custom?
12. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Died of illness
(b) Joined with the dwarven army
(c) Died in battle
(d) Fell off his horse
13. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) His parent's were divorcing
(b) Seeking safety from the coming war
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
14. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(b) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
15. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have become zombies
(b) The people have fled burning the town
(c) They have all been killed
(d) They have become slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
2. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
3. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
4. How many kings are listed in the Line of Elros?
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)