|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Falls upon Turin's sword
(b) Jumps off a cliff
(c) Eats poison
(d) Marries Brandir
2. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) A horse
(b) Men to protect her
(c) A magical sword
(d) A cell phone
3. What happens to Turin because of Saeros' death?
(a) Turin has to wed Saeros' ugly sister
(b) Turin is banished
(c) Turin must pay a compensation to Saeros' family
(d) Turin is sentenced to death
4. What was it that caused Turambar to faint and look as if he were dead next to Glaurung?
(a) The look from Glaurung's eyes
(b) Magic words Glaurung spoke
(c) The venomous blood from Glaurung's belly
(d) Low blood-sugar
5. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
(a) Turin stabs him with a sword
(b) Saeros is banished
(c) Saeros jumps to his death
(d) They agree to be friends
6. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Morgoth was coming
(b) Turambar had killed Glaurung
(c) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(d) Glaurung had a cramp
7. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) The dragon's body has disappeared
(b) The dragon still alive
(c) A magical wraith
(d) Turin is alive
8. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
(c) Morwen's brother
9. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
(a) Kills Brandir
(b) Jumps off the same cliff
(c) Stabs the dragon's dead body
(d) Spits on Brandir
10. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have all been killed
(b) The people have fled burning the town
(c) They have become zombies
(d) They have become slaves
11. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The evil eye will be able to find them
(b) The village will be discovered
(c) The cattle will all be killed
(d) The orc smell will kill them all
12. How long is the second king, Vardamir Nolimon, said to have reigned before giving the throne to his son?
(a) One hundred years
(b) One year
(c) Sixty years
(d) One hundred and fourty eight years
13. What is listed as a problem with the history of Galadriel and Celeborn?
(a) The story wasn't finished
(b) The other characters that they encounter
(c) The character's stories are hard to follow
(d) There are inconsistencies
14. What does Nienor respond with to the questions Turambar asks?
(a) An ancient dragon language
(d) Incoherent babble
15. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(a) A fair and just king
(b) The mightiest
(d) The best
Short Answer Questions
1. What shape does the Island of Numenor resemble?
2. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
3. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
4. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
5. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)