|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nienor do after learning she has married her brother?
(a) Jumps off a cliff
(b) Falls upon Turin's sword
(c) Eats poison
(d) Marries Brandir
2. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
(a) Because Turin got angry
(b) Because he shot Mim's son
(c) He lost a bet
(d) Androg couldn't go on with them
3. Which part of the island of Numenor has a cooler climate?
4. How does Niniel view Brandir despite the fact that he loves her?
(a) That he is callouse
(b) That he is silly
(c) That he is a brother
(d) That he is very ugly
5. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(b) Because men are allergic to them
(c) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(d) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
6. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
(a) Saeros jumps to his death
(b) Turin stabs him with a sword
(c) Saeros is banished
(d) They agree to be friends
7. Where does Aldarion desire more than being king?
(a) Riding horses
(b) Chasing the women
(c) Being at sea
(d) Watching the night sky
8. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
(a) Gandalf's Staff
(b) House of Sauron
(c) Gate of Noldor
(d) Frodo's Ruby Slipper
9. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
10. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That she is a witch
(b) That she is a qeen
(c) That she has an incurable rash
(d) That her children are magicians
11. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
(a) On vacation
(b) South away from Brooda's control
(c) The court of Thingol
(d) To Morwen's family home
12. How is AR-Pharazon, the last King of Numenor, described?
(a) The mightiest
(b) A fair and just king
(d) The best
13. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen won't leave her home
(b) Morwen is lazy
(c) Morwen is pregnant
(d) Morwen is ashamed of running
14. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She stubs her toe
(b) She is lost in the woods
(c) She dies from an illness
(d) She is kidnapped by orcs
15. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Kill Glaurung
(b) Fly on a giant moth
(c) Find the ring of power
(d) Kill Morgoth
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Beleg finds the outlaws that Turin is riding with?
2. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
3. What captures Meneldur's desire more than ruling his people?
4. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
5. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)