|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Istari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Building their home high in the trees
(b) Secrecy and Silence
(d) Planting traps near the village
2. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His comb
(b) His clothes
(c) His son
(d) His sack
3. What does the name Niniel mean that Turambar gives to Nienor?
(a) Maiden Found
(b) Maid of Tears
(c) Made of Tears
(d) Maiden of Hope
4. How does Isildur die?
(a) Orc arrows shoot him in the heart and throat
(b) His son kills him
(c) He is swallowed by a large dragon
(d) The ring drives him mad
5. Where does Nimrodel become lost?
(a) Ered Nimrais mountains
(b) Orc camp
(c) Dense forest
(d) Great Sea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aldarion's mother hope will get her son to stop thinking of the sea?
2. How many days does it take Eorl's troops to cover the vast number of miles to Gondor?
3. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
4. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
5. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)