|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Hunt for the Ring: The Journey of the Black Riders According to the Account that Gandalf Gave to Frodo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
(a) Turambar's lowly station in life
(b) Turambar's other wives
(c) Turambar's lack of courage
(d) Turambar's love for war
2. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) His parent's were divorcing
(b) Seeking safety from the coming war
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) It is the custom and desire of the house
3. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Because of Turambar's courage
(b) The people listen to Turambar
(c) Brandir loves Turambar
(d) Brandir is ill
4. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Flips a coin
(b) Shows his family crest
(c) Kills their leader
(d) Kills the most orcs
5. What is the reason that no one has ever built on Mittalmar?
(a) It was used for crops
(b) It had evil gnomes
(c) It was a place of worship
(d) It contained deadly animals
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said of the Elessar that Enderhil creates?
2. Why is Saruman afraid of both Gandalf and the Nazgul?
3. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
4. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
5. What did the brooch resemble that Celebrimor set the second Elessar in?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)