|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Death of Turin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(b) Turambar had killed Glaurung
(c) Morgoth was coming
(d) Glaurung had a cramp
2. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen won't leave her home
(b) Morwen is ashamed of running
(c) Morwen is lazy
(d) Morwen is pregnant
3. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Spits in Brooda's face
(b) Slaps Brooda's face
(c) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(d) Breaks Brooda's neck
4. What does Turin say he has been all this time to not have seen who Nienor was?
(b) Under a spell
(d) Blissfully ignorant
5. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(b) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
2. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
3. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
4. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
5. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)