|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Death of Turin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin can never move
(b) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(c) Hurin will never die
(d) Hurin is burning
2. Where does Nienor unknowing lay down after running from the orcs?
(a) Brethil's borders
(b) an orc camp
(c) Berthil's worship mound
(d) Finduilas' grave
3. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) He has a bad back
(b) The orcs are looking for him
(c) The orcs are many in number
(d) His promise to Niniel
4. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have all been killed
(b) The people have fled burning the town
(c) They have become zombies
(d) They have become slaves
5. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Throws away all his possessions
(b) Changes his name
(c) Shaves his head
(d) Cuts out one of his eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
2. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
3. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
4. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
5. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)