|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Death of Turin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the death of Glaurung do to Niniel?
(a) Returns her memories as Nienor
(b) Makes her feel his pain
(d) Forces her into a deep sleep
2. What do the people of Brandir village find when they go to retrieve the body of Turin?
(a) Turin is alive
(b) A magical wraith
(c) The dragon still alive
(d) The dragon's body has disappeared
3. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate of Silver
(b) The Gate
(c) The Gate of Gold
(d) The Pearly Gates
4. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
(a) His supper
(b) His dwelling
(c) His ideas on theology
(d) His gold
5. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(b) Building their home high in the trees
(c) Planting traps near the village
(d) Secrecy and Silence
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
2. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
3. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
4. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
5. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)