|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Death of Turin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the village heard the screams from Glaurung what did they believe it meant?
(a) Morgoth was coming
(b) Glaurung had a cramp
(c) Glaurung had killed Turambar
(d) Turambar had killed Glaurung
2. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is eaten
(b) She is captured and taken to Sauron
(c) She runs naked into the woods
(d) She is wounded by an orc arrow
3. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is lazy
(b) Morwen is ashamed of running
(c) Morwen is pregnant
(d) Morwen won't leave her home
4. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Turns her into a toad
(b) Erases all her memories
(c) Kills her
(d) Removes her ability to speak
5. What reason does Turin give for not jumping into the same waters as Nienor?
(a) She wouldn't want him with her
(b) He loved the sea to much
(c) It is to good a death for him
(d) It would defile them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
2. What do the people of Brandir do with the dragon's body?
3. What does Turin do to Brandir upon hearing that Niniel was Nienor and has killed herself?
4. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
5. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)