|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Death of Turin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
(a) His sword and his shield
(b) His magic ring and his pet monkey
(c) His courage and his voice
(d) His cape and has fighting skills
2. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
(a) Shows his family crest
(b) Flips a coin
(c) Kills the most orcs
(d) Kills their leader
3. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His son
(b) His sack
(c) His comb
(d) His clothes
4. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Leave the village
(b) Marry Brandir
(c) Kill herself
(d) Kill Glaurung herself
5. Niniel finds Turambar's body next to Glaurung. When she screams for Turambar to awaken what happens?
(a) Glaurung opens his eyes and speaks to Niniel
(b) Turambar levitates
(c) A wraith appears
(d) Glaurung stands up
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
2. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
3. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
4. What reason does Brandir give Niniel to refuse Turambar's marriage proposal?
5. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)