|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
(a) His sack
(b) His clothes
(c) His son
(d) His comb
2. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(a) Planting traps near the village
(b) Building their home high in the trees
(d) Secrecy and Silence
3. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
(a) To tell him news of his mother
(b) Thingol has taken ill
(c) To give him a sock he left
(d) To offer a pardon
4. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Commits suicide
(b) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(c) Sets the hall on fire
(d) Defecates on Brooda's throne
5. When Turin saves the men of Brethil from the orcs what does he tell them his trade is?
(a) A son of a king
(b) A traveling musician
(c) A hunter
(d) An orc slayer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
2. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
3. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
4. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
5. After Tuor escapes what does he want to go and find?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)