|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Turin saves the men of Brethil from the orcs what does he tell them his trade is?
(a) An orc slayer
(b) A traveling musician
(c) A hunter
(d) A son of a king
2. What was the name of the last gate, the seventh gate, that Tuor and Voronwe must pass through?
(a) The Gate of Gold
(b) The Pearly Gates
(c) The Gate
(d) The Gate of Silver
3. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
(a) She was magical
(b) She was forced to marry Brooda
(c) She had won the lottery
(d) She had spies
4. How did Brandir hope to keep the orcs from attacking his village?
(b) Planting traps near the village
(c) Building their home high in the trees
(d) Secrecy and Silence
5. Rain is found wondering the woods by whom?
(d) Santa's Elves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
2. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
3. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
4. The outlaws tell Mim that they will let him leave if he will leave something of his behind. What is it?
5. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)