|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(b) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(c) Androg will get warts on his feet
(d) Androg will bury his own son some day
2. What does Turin do to show he places his family and his past actions behind him?
(a) Shaves his head
(b) Throws away all his possessions
(c) Changes his name
(d) Cuts out one of his eyes
3. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That her children are magicians
(b) That she has an incurable rash
(c) That she is a witch
(d) That she is a qeen
4. Why is Turin taken far from his home?
(a) Seeking safety from the coming war
(b) It is the custom and desire of the house
(c) To begin his training as king
(d) His parent's were divorcing
5. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Takes Turin as his foster son
(b) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
(c) Makes Turin a page
(d) Gives Turin his own horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin tell the people in Brethil about his past actions?
2. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
3. What happens when Turin is taken to Finduilas' grave?
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
5. How does Turin become the leader of a band of outlaws?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)