|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Journey of Morwen and Nienor to Nargothrond.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the fight end between Saeros and Turin?
(a) Turin stabs him with a sword
(b) They agree to be friends
(c) Saeros jumps to his death
(d) Saeros is banished
2. What happens to Turin's sister Urwen?
(a) She is lost in the woods
(b) She is kidnapped by orcs
(c) She stubs her toe
(d) She dies from an illness
3. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Androg will get warts on his feet
(b) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(c) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(d) Androg will bury his own son some day
4. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
(a) She had spies
(b) She was magical
(c) She had won the lottery
(d) She was forced to marry Brooda
5. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(b) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(c) Because men are allergic to them
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
2. Why are Thingol's men looking for Turin?
3. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
4. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
5. What two things does Turin use to scare away the orcs he finds holding a group of men from Brethil?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)