|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because men are allergic to them
(b) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(c) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(d) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
2. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Kills her
(b) Removes her ability to speak
(c) Erases all her memories
(d) Turns her into a toad
3. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Kill herself
(b) Kill Glaurung herself
(c) Leave the village
(d) Marry Brandir
4. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
(a) That she has an incurable rash
(b) That she is a witch
(c) That her children are magicians
(d) That she is a qeen
5. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
(a) His supper
(b) His dwelling
(c) His gold
(d) His ideas on theology
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
2. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
4. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
5. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)