|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The location of the one ring
(b) The ingredient in the special sauce
(c) The secret location of Gondolin
(d) The person who is helping Rohan
2. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) Men to protect her
(b) A horse
(c) A cell phone
(d) A magical sword
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
(a) Morgoth's desire that all men will be enslaved
(b) Morgoth needs that place for parking
(c) Morgoth believes a ring of power to be in the village
(d) Morgoth needs a new wife
4. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
(a) Kills her
(b) Turns her into a toad
(c) Removes her ability to speak
(d) Erases all her memories
5. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) His promise to Niniel
(b) The orcs are many in number
(c) He has a bad back
(d) The orcs are looking for him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
2. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
3. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
4. Where does Aerin tell Turin that Morwen and his sister went?
5. What do Turin's outlaw men first think the dwarfs to be that they shoot at?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)