|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Takes Turin as his foster son
(b) Makes Turin a page
(c) Gives Turin his own horse
(d) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
2. What thing doe Turambar say he must attempt to do even if it costs him his life?
(a) Find the ring of power
(b) Kill Morgoth
(c) Kill Glaurung
(d) Fly on a giant moth
3. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
(a) She is eaten
(b) She is wounded by an orc arrow
(c) She runs naked into the woods
(d) She is captured and taken to Sauron
4. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
(a) Because he shot Mim's son
(b) He lost a bet
(c) Because Turin got angry
(d) Androg couldn't go on with them
5. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
(a) Hurin will never die
(b) Hurin will be forced to watch the war
(c) Hurin can never move
(d) Hurin is burning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
2. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
3. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
4. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
5. What does Mim offer to share with the outlaws so that he might live?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)