|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
(a) Marry Brandir
(b) Kill herself
(c) Leave the village
(d) Kill Glaurung herself
2. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) Men to protect her
(b) A magical sword
(c) A horse
(d) A cell phone
3. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Brandir is ill
(b) The people listen to Turambar
(c) Brandir loves Turambar
(d) Because of Turambar's courage
4. What does Turin do to Brooda that causes a fight in the hall?
(a) Spits in Brooda's face
(b) Runs Brooda through with a sword
(c) Slaps Brooda's face
(d) Breaks Brooda's neck
5. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Takes up arms and continues fighting
(b) Sets the hall on fire
(c) Defecates on Brooda's throne
(d) Commits suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
2. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
3. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
4. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
5. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)