|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) The people listen to Turambar
(b) Brandir loves Turambar
(c) Brandir is ill
(d) Because of Turambar's courage
2. Why does Androg have to break his bow and arrows?
(a) Because Turin got angry
(b) Because he shot Mim's son
(c) Androg couldn't go on with them
(d) He lost a bet
3. What does Glaurung tell Nienor that Turin did when faced with the dragon?
(a) Ran away
(b) Sided with the dragon
(c) Died of fright
(d) Killed himself
4. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
(a) Adrog will grow ill and die soon
(b) Androg will bury his own son some day
(c) To die if he ever picks up another bow
(d) Androg will get warts on his feet
5. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is lazy
(b) Morwen won't leave her home
(c) Morwen is ashamed of running
(d) Morwen is pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glaurung do to Nienor?
2. What isn't true of the effects when Morgoth fixes Hurin to the top of the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth?
3. What does Morwen convince the Easterlings of in order to protect her and her children?
4. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
5. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)