|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The village will be discovered
(b) The evil eye will be able to find them
(c) The orc smell will kill them all
(d) The cattle will all be killed
2. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
(a) Brandir loves Turambar
(b) Because of Turambar's courage
(c) Brandir is ill
(d) The people listen to Turambar
3. What reason does Morgoth have for deciding to have Glaurung attack the village in Brethil?
(a) Morgoth needs that place for parking
(b) Morgoth believes a ring of power to be in the village
(c) Morgoth needs a new wife
(d) Morgoth's desire that all men will be enslaved
4. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
(a) Men to protect her
(b) A horse
(c) A cell phone
(d) A magical sword
5. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
(a) Died in battle
(b) Died of illness
(c) Joined with the dwarven army
(d) Fell off his horse
Short Answer Questions
1. When Morwen was riding her horse through the confusion that Glaurung was causing with Thingol's men what was she yelling?
2. Who is the cripple man that talks to Turin and tells him about his mother and sister?
3. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
4. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
5. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)