|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Turin find has become of the people in his home of Dorlomin when he returns to look for his mother and sister?
(a) They have all been killed
(b) The people have fled burning the town
(c) They have become slaves
(d) They have become zombies
2. What does Aerin do after the fight in the hall to show her disapproval of Brooda's people, the Easterlings?
(a) Sets the hall on fire
(b) Commits suicide
(c) Defecates on Brooda's throne
(d) Takes up arms and continues fighting
3. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(b) Because men are allergic to them
(c) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
(d) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
4. What does Dorlas tell Turambar will happen if the orcs get any closer?
(a) The village will be discovered
(b) The orc smell will kill them all
(c) The cattle will all be killed
(d) The evil eye will be able to find them
5. Why does Morwen not go with Turin when she sends him to King Thingol?
(a) Morwen is pregnant
(b) Morwen is ashamed of running
(c) Morwen is lazy
(d) Morwen won't leave her home
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
2. What is Morwen told became of Turin?
3. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
4. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
5. Although Thingol tells Morwen that he cannot, what does he send with Morwen in secret?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)