|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through NARN I HIN HURIN The Tale of the Children of Hurin: The Coming of Glaurung.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Aerin able to help Morwen?
(a) She had won the lottery
(b) She had spies
(c) She was forced to marry Brooda
(d) She was magical
2. Why does Mim say that they won't teach men about the roots that the dwarfs gather?
(a) Because the effects of the plant are intoxicating
(b) Because men are allergic to them
(c) Because men are greedy and would kill all the plants
(d) Because the roots grow in a sacred secret place
3. What does Morgoth wish to learn from Hurin?
(a) The person who is helping Rohan
(b) The ingredient in the special sauce
(c) The location of the one ring
(d) The secret location of Gondolin
4. What does Thingol do when Turin reaches his kingdom?
(a) Takes Turin as his foster son
(b) Gives Turin his own horse
(c) Thingol is to busy to ever meet Turin
(d) Makes Turin a page
5. Why is Turambar reluctant to go into battle?
(a) The orcs are looking for him
(b) He has a bad back
(c) His promise to Niniel
(d) The orcs are many in number
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when orcs attack the men Nienor is traveling with after her encounter with Glaurung?
2. What does Morwen send with the messengers that Thingol later sends to fetch her and her new daughter?
3. Why does Brandir pass his title of Lord to Turambar?
4. Why does Niniel decide she will do if Turambar is killed by Glaurung?
5. What curse does Mim lay upon Androg?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)