|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the season in part four?
2. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
3. Why does Marian say she is crying in this section?
4. What kind of agency does Charlie work for?
5. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
2. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
3. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
4. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
5. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
6. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
7. How does Manx react to the super's accusations that he stole the shovels?
8. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
9. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
10. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Manx's role in the novel? What meaning does his character give the novel? How would the novel change if Manx was not a character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
How is the Texas Highway killing significant to the story? Why do you think the author does explore the killings and the murderer further?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)