|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ismael riding a train to in this section?
2. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
3. Why did Nick spend time in a juvenile center?
4. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
5. In which part of New York is Bronzine in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
2. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
3. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
4. Describe Moonman's work,
5. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
6. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
7. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
8. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
9. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
10. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the disappearance of their father effect Nick and Matt? How different would their lives have been if their father stayed?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
How is the story about Cotter Martin linked to the rest of the story and the characters? Why doesn´t the author continue Cotter's story? How do you think he would have reacted to his father selling the baseball?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)