|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
2. What is Albert talking to Klara about in this section?
3. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
4. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
5. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
2. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
3. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
4. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
5. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
6. How does Manx react to the super's accusations that he stole the shovels?
7. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
8. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
9. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
10. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How is the story about Cotter Martin linked to the rest of the story and the characters? Why doesn´t the author continue Cotter's story? How do you think he would have reacted to his father selling the baseball?
Essay Topic 3
What role does baseball play in the lives of the character? What reasons does the author give for baseball's popularity? What role does baseball play in American society? Why do you think it has become so popular?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)