|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Nick about the extent of the power failure in New York?
2. What does Lenny Bruce ridicule in his routine in this section?
3. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
4. What is Nick talking to JuJu about in chapter two?
5. Who does Nick meet from grade school in chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
2. Describe Moonman's work,
3. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
4. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
5. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
6. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
7. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
8. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
9. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
10. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What decisions do the students think Klara regrets in his life? Choose one of the decisions Klara regrets and discuss how his life would have been different if she had taken a different decision?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)