|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening in August 1964?
2. What is the name of Lundy's wife?
3. What does Lundy buy from the souvenir baseball shop?
4. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
5. What is the name of the woman in Chuckie's cockpit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the fragments portray in this section?
2. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
3. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
4. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
5. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
6. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
7. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
8. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
9. What does this section say about how society is changing?
10. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How is the story about Cotter Martin linked to the rest of the story and the characters? Why doesn´t the author continue Cotter's story? How do you think he would have reacted to his father selling the baseball?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)