|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Matt say his work is important?
2. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
3. What does Lundy buy from the souvenir baseball shop?
4. What does the super accuse Manx of stealing?
5. Whose presence are the students protesting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
2. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
3. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
4. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
5. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
6. What do the fragments portray in this section?
7. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
8. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
9. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
10. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does the disappearance of their father effect Nick and Matt? How different would their lives have been if their father stayed?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Nick typical of New York? How has being from New York shaped his character?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)