|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
2. In which state is Normal?
3. What is the name of the club Nick is at in October 1962?
4. Who tells Nick about the extent of the power failure in New York?
5. What does Matt and Nick's mother not want Matt to do while NIck is in Staatsburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
2. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
3. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
4. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
5. How does Manx react to the super's accusations that he stole the shovels?
6. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
7. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
8. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
9. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
10. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the eras depicted in the book would you most like to live in and why? How accurate do you think is the author's of the era you have chosen?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)