|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Matt beat Albert at in this section?
2. What character in part four has just turned 54?
3. Where is Nick in November 1952?
4. What crisis occurred in October 1952?
5. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
2. How does Manx sell the baseball?
3. Describe Moonman's work,
4. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
5. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
6. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
7. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
8. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
9. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
10. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Nick typical of New York? How has being from New York shaped his character?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the eras depicted in the book would you most like to live in and why? How accurate do you think is the author's of the era you have chosen?
Essay Topic 3
How is the Texas Highway killing significant to the story? Why do you think the author does explore the killings and the murderer further?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)