|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which street is Carlo Strasser's New York apartment?
2. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
3. In which state are Nick and Sims bar hopping through in this section?
4. Where is Nick in November 1952?
5. Why is it noisy when Marian is talking on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
2. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
3. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
4. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
5. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
6. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
7. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
8. How does Manx sell the baseball?
9. Describe Moonman's work,
10. What do the fragments portray in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why has the author chosen Nick and Klara's affair as the central part of his story? Choose two other characters that the author could ahve chosen as the central part of his story. How would the novel change?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Cold War effect American society in the fifties? How are characters such as Nick effected by the events of the Cold War later on in their lives?
Essay Topic 3
How does the disappearance of their father effect Nick and Matt? How different would their lives have been if their father stayed?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)