|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
2. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
3. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
4. What traumatic event happened to Matt when he was six?
5. What baseball stadium does Manx drive to in this section that is open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
2. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
3. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
4. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
5. How does Manx sell the baseball?
6. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
7. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
8. What does this section say about how society is changing?
9. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
10. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)