|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bronzoni read his newspaper?
2. Why does Matt say his work is important?
3. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
4. What character in part four has just turned 54?
5. Where does Nick drive to with Sim and Jesse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
2. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
3. How does Manx sell the baseball?
4. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
5. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
6. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
7. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
8. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
9. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
10. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Nick typical of New York? How has being from New York shaped his character?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)