|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Marian working in in October 1967?
2. What is Rosemary doing while she talks to Matt?
3. What is the name of the European Klara meets at the rooftop party?
4. Where does Klara visit while Miles talks to an Israeli gangster?
5. What two people does the comedian tell a story about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Moonman's work,
2. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
3. How does Manx sell the baseball?
4. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
5. What do the fragments portray in this section?
6. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
7. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
8. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
9. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
10. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
What role does baseball play in the lives of the character? What reasons does the author give for baseball's popularity? What role does baseball play in American society? Why do you think it has become so popular?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)