|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marian talking to at the beginning of this section?
2. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
3. What kind of artist is Moonman?
4. Who is Matt waiting for at Tucson airport?
5. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the scene at the Yankee stadium when Manx arrives?
2. What does this section say about how society is changing?
3. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
4. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
5. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
6. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
7. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
8. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
9. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
10. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
Essay Topic 2
What role does baseball play in the lives of the character? What reasons does the author give for baseball's popularity? What role does baseball play in American society? Why do you think it has become so popular?
Essay Topic 3
Why has the author chosen Nick and Klara's affair as the central part of his story? Choose two other characters that the author could ahve chosen as the central part of his story. How would the novel change?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)