|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose presence are the students protesting?
2. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
3. Why does Matt say his work is important?
4. What is the name of the woman in Chuckie's cockpit?
5. What is the name of the person who claims to have mystical visions in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
2. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
3. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
4. What do the fragments portray in this section?
5. What does this section say about how society is changing?
6. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
7. Describe Moonman's work,
8. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
9. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
10. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Manx's role in the novel? What meaning does his character give the novel? How would the novel change if Manx was not a character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What decisions do the students think Nick regrets in his life? Choose one of the decisions he regrets and dicuss how his life would have been different if he had taken a different decision?
Essay Topic 3
What significance do the following events have on the story and the lives of the characters?
1. The 1951 bomb testing.
2. The 1951 world series game.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)