|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ismael angry at Moonman?
2. In which city is Marian working in in October 1967?
3. What kind of agency does Charlie work for?
4. What is the name of the European Klara meets at the rooftop party?
5. Which main character is Jason Varover married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
2. What does this section say about how society is changing?
3. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
4. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
5. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
6. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
7. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
8. What do the fragments portray in this section?
9. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
10. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What is Manx's role in the novel? What meaning does his character give the novel? How would the novel change if Manx was not a character in the novel?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)