|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
2. What is the name of the person who claims to have mystical visions in this section?
3. What is the name of Nick's psychologist?
4. What is the name of Lundy's wife?
5. What is Zapruder's film about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
2. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
3. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
4. What do Miles and Klara do together int his section?
5. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
6. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
7. How does Bruce describe the President's decorator?
8. What does Matt want Janet to tell him?
9. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
10. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What significance do the following events have on the story and the lives of the characters?
1. The 1951 bomb testing.
2. The 1951 world series game.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
What is Manx's role in the novel? What meaning does his character give the novel? How would the novel change if Manx was not a character in the novel?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)