|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of artist is Moonman?
2. Who buys Manx's baseball?
3. Why is the ship rumored to be carrying heroin?
4. What is happening in August 1964?
5. What does Lenny Bruce ridicule in his routine in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
2. Describe Moonman's work,
3. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
4. How does Manx feel when he talks about the baseball?
5. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
6. Describe the life Nick had growing up?
7. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
8. How does Manx sell the baseball?
9. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
10. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who was Lenny Bruce? Why does the author include him as a character in his novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)