|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wright get off his boat instead of San Francisco?
2. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
3. Where is Lenny Bruce performing at the end of this section?
4. What do Lundy and his wife do when the get back to their hotel?
5. What traumatic event happened to Matt when he was six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
2. Describe Moonman's work,
3. How does Manx sell the baseball?
4. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
5. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
6. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
7. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
8. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
9. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
10. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the Texas Highway killing significant to the story? Why do you think the author does explore the killings and the murderer further?
Essay Topic 2
What decisions do the students think Klara regrets in his life? Choose one of the decisions Klara regrets and discuss how his life would have been different if she had taken a different decision?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)