|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city is Lenny Bruce performing in chapter five?
2. What are Hoover and his aide discussing in this section?
3. What is Rosemary doing while she talks to Matt?
4. What is Nick talking to JuJu about in chapter two?
5. Where are Miles and Klara in part four chapter three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antoine explain to Manx about the word jealous?
2. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
3. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
4. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in New York in October 1962?
5. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
6. What does this section say about how society is changing?
7. Describe Moonman's work,
8. What does Matt tell Janet about his work?
9. What is Albert doing at the beginning of part six?
10. How does the author describe Lenny Bruce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the disappearance of their father effect Nick and Matt? How different would their lives have been if their father stayed?
Essay Topic 2
How is the Texas Highway killing significant to the story? Why do you think the author does explore the killings and the murderer further?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Nick typical of New York? How has being from New York shaped his character?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)