|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chuckie Wainwright's job on the tramp steamer?
2. Why does Marian say she is crying in this section?
3. Whose presence are the students protesting?
4. Who does Nick take to his room in this section?
5. What is the name of Hoover's aide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lenny Bruce's performance in Miami in October 1962?
2. Describe the meeting between Klara and her daughter?
3. How does Manx sell the baseball?
4. Describe Bruce's performance in Chicago in October 1962?
5. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
6. Describe Moonman's work,
7. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
8. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
9. How did Rosemary meet Mr. Imperato?
10. What do the fragments portray in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is post modernism? In what way is Don De Lillo a post modern writer?
Essay Topic 2
Which of the eras depicted in the book would you most like to live in and why? How accurate do you think is the author's of the era you have chosen?
Essay Topic 3
What is Klara's character at the beginning of the novel? How does her character change through the novel? How does the author express this change? What events have the biggest impact on Klara's life and why?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)