|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jane Urbaniak in January 1967?
2. Where are Miles and Klara in part four chapter three?
3. In which state are Nick and Sims bar hopping through in this section?
4. What comedian does Nick watch on October 1962?
5. Who does Nick take to his room in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship Klara has with Miles?
2. How does the author describe Clyde Tolson?
3. What does this section say about Klara's love life?
4. What does this section state about Klara's life in the Bronx?
5. How does Nick get a job at the soft drink company?
6. Describe Moonman's work,
7. What do we find out about Carlo Strasse in this section?
8. What does Hoover discuss with Clyde Tolson in this section?
9. What does this section say about how society is changing?
10. What is Marian doing at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the story about Cotter Martin linked to the rest of the story and the characters? Why doesn´t the author continue Cotter's story? How do you think he would have reacted to his father selling the baseball?
Essay Topic 2
What is post modernism? In what way is Don De Lillo a post modern writer?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)